BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes 2010 / 2011

Out of the Ashes, on Storyville (BBC4) Fantastic film, should now be on iPlayer.

All about the Afghan Cricket ODI side and their rise from nothing to full members in an amazingly quick time.

They deserve our support

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Lancashire all out for 84 ? What a pile of shayt

Could do better. But considering they then bowled Durham out for 180-odd and one of their lads got 80-odd of those, it could be worse.

Noticed that Leicester got bowled out for 48 the other day.

• 4 weeks later...

Know it's not the Ashes, but seems to be very little talk about the India series (outside of the 2000th test thing). Are people just not really interested, or am I missing the chat?

Bigger series than the Ashes because if England can win 2-0 or 3-1 (I think that's correct) we will be officially the world No 1.

England are in excellent form having won 7 of their last 8 series and India have not lost a series for a long time so it will be close. Weather and pitches will play a part but England are capable of doing it - as ever getting Tendulkar out is the key.

Important series in other ways too - this is the 2,000th Test match in cricket history and the question is with declining interest in many countries can the long form of the game survive for another 2,000 matches ?

England moving along nicely at 300 for 5, and a welcome return to form for Pietersen. Score of 450 plus is required and then some skill and luck with the ball to dismiss India's top order. Weather set fair for the weekend for Swann will have a big part to play. I love talking to myself.

England moving along nicely at 300 for 5, and a welcome return to form for Pietersen. Score of 450 plus is required and then some skill and luck with the ball to dismiss India's top order. Weather set fair for the weekend for Swann will have a big part to play. I love talking to myself.

Looking forward to watching it over the weekend. Forecast looks good for full sessions Saturday and Sunday.

Have been offered a ticket for Sunday which will be be my first visit to Lord's for more than 30 years. Would love to see Tendulkar bat - as India are forced to follow on in their second innings.

Well, but for two dropped catches to reprieve Dravid England would have forced the follow-on. Great performance by the England bowlers though - Broad in particular - and some quick runs tomorrow, get India back in and I might still get my wish to see Tendulkar bat.

This series just shows the interest is still there for Test cricket, especially if it has meaning- ie England or India for world number 1.

The new Test championship will be a fantastic innovation.

Oh and well done Dingle! :P

Mahatma Ghandi... Mrs Ghandi... Shilpa Shetti... Cornershop... Cliff Richard... Sabu...Sunil Gavaskar... Laxmi Mittal... Maharishi Yoga... Venkatash... Bilaji... Anuradha Desai... Can you hear me?....... Your boys took one hell of a beating! A hell of a beating....

Lots of fun, seats right to the side of the wicket and in the shade for most of the day.

Wasn't sure if I should support the local side, or England :)

Well deserved win.

Interesting first day's play Trent Bridge - batting hellishly difficult with the ball swinging both ways and on and off the seam. England did well to recover but they were still 100 short - and why did Broad give his wicket away at the end when with sensible batting a century might have been there for the taking ? Loved watching Dravid give a masterclass in defence late on - Anderson and Broad worked him over but "The Wall" did not budge. England need early wickets today.

Wow - what a day. Another Dravid century - he's one of my favourite all-time players - and India firmly in the driving seat and then a stunning fightback by England led by a hat-trick from Stuart Broad on his home ground. England lost Cook again in reply - his dismal form this summer is in stark contrast to the Ashes series last winter - so we need big innings from at least 2 players to set India a reasonable target. I would say India are marginal favourites to win at present and the first session tomorrow will be crucial.

Anyone else interested in our national summer game ?

Very interesting re the Bell incident.

Thankfully, common decency and sense prevailed.

Found it interesting that pretty much every commentator I've seen on TV said that Bell was an idiot to think that he was the umpire - not waiting for the call before he walked off - and deserved to be called out.

Think overall it worked out - India gets some good PR and Bell didn't get too many runs more.

England is showing the depth of the batting order right now and India will need a great performance to even keep it semi close.

Archived