BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes 2010 / 2011

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Australian sportsman.

That is a bit rich coming from a nation that holds the likes of Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry etc as national heroes, has a history of rioting when a football team loses/wins a match, knights Ian Botham and created bodyline when cricket was supposed to be a gentlemans game.

Or would it be wrong of me to slight an entire nation on the actions of a few?

The underarm ball was a stain on out sporting history but no worse then bodyline for England, match fixing for South Africa or Sri Lanka, racist chanting from India, Pakistan walking from the feild after getting caught ball tampering and the list goes on.

Just for the record, Ponting isn't particulary liked in Australia either, Australia has always rewarded effort more then a win or loss, Pontings behaviour is not what we expect from the most important sporting position in Australia but there are plenty of examples in ALL sports of extremely high quality individuals who are both a model to the sport and their personal lives.

England will win this and probably Sydney as well and as Dave says we wil hopefully see some action with the sacking of Hilditch and Neilsen for starters.

I'll give you any odds you like, you miserable old git! :P

Caution is the key but as soon as Haddin is dismissed then we're in there! How crap is the ozzie support by the way? Absoloutely pathetic! The Barmy Army are the best supporters in the world,win lose or draw.

Bye bye Siddle,COME ON!!!!!

Or would it be wrong of me to slight an entire nation on the actions of a few?

Nah mate, you're just the average convict with chips on both shoulders.

Congratulations to England on a terrific performance with bat and ball and deservedly retaining the Ashes. Mission accomplished.

And congratulations too to the England fans who continue to show the world what true support is all about. Win, lose or draw they're always there singing their heart out for their country and their team.

The convict "supporters" by contrast are a pathetic joke who turn up when their team are doing well but stay at home when they are not. They do not know how to win with grace or lose with dignity.

All this an an unexpected Rovers win at the Hawthorns - a perfect sporting day.

Ahhaahaaa!!!! Lovely!

Going to return to the scene of the first thrashing tonight to watch Adelaide United v Sydney FC and I'll be wearing my England garb.

Not the biggest cricket fan but I love beating the Aussies cos they are such BAD losers!

Go on son,do us proud in your england shirt!!

Congratulations to England on a terrific performance with bat and ball and deservedly retaining the Ashes. Mission accomplished.

And congratulations too to the England fans who continue to show the world what true support is all about. Win, lose or draw they're always there singing their heart out for their country and their team.

The convict "supporters" by contrast are a pathetic joke who turn up when their team are doing well but stay at home when they are not. They do not know how to win with grace or lose with dignity.

and yet it wouldn't matter where you came from you would still be an ass... :rolleyes::lol:

Excellent performance by England and well deserved, there are some great lessons on patience that the next generation of Australian cricketers will need to employ when they tour England in a bit.

and yet it wouldn't matter where you came from you would still be an ass... :rolleyes::lol:

Excellent performance by England and well deserved, there are some great lessons on patience that the next generation of Australian cricketers will need to employ when they tour England in a bit.

Sorry to correct you Neekoy, the correct spelling is "arse".

I'd hate to edit the post you were mentioning, but there were many grammatical errors that would have never made it to print in my day.

Finally, to the Barmy army, great songs guys, but a bit boring, a bit yesterday, but none about the 3 to 1, it's getting to the 1.45 to 1 at the moment. Thanks for the dollars guys.

Yes, England deserved the win, I'm glad, because it will make the slow brained members of Cricket Australia to pull their fingers out and select on form.

I'd hate to edit the post you were mentioning, but there were many grammatical errors that would have never made it to print in my day.

Finally, to the Barmy army, great songs guys, but a bit boring, a bit yesterday, but none about the 3 to 1, it's getting to the 1.45 to 1 at the moment. Thanks for the dollars guys.

Yes, England deserved the win, I'm glad, because it will make the slow brained members of Cricket Australia to pull their fingers out and select on form.

NOTHING will improve until Cricket Australia abandon the thought that NSW is the grassroots of cricket.

Bit rich coming from you Jim.

What he said. Plus Ian Botham deserved to be knighted.

England deserved the win, I'm glad, because it will make the slow brained members of Cricket Australia to pull their fingers out and select on form.

It never makes sense to me to use arse unless you are talking about a bum, I much prefer ass as it is american slang for stupid person.

Each to their own I guess Dave, either way he fills both criteria.

Let's see what the selectors do for Sydney, dead rubber, let the same guys "try" and redeem themselves and start a fresh and get some in form youth involved.

It never makes sense to me to use arse unless you are talking about a bum, I much prefer ass as it is american slang for stupid person.

Each to their own I guess Dave, either way he fills both criteria.

Dear oh dear, is that the best you can do ?

Moving on, I hope England haven't overdone the Ashes celebrations and confirm their undoubted superiority with victory in the last Test.

A draw in the final Test and 2-1 series win would be acceptable but 3-1 would reflect better England's allround excellence. 2-2 however would be a travesty.

Would love to see Ajmal Shahzad let off the leash but wouldn't be surprised to see England stick with the same team.

If you were to pick a team on form then it imo in would be...

Rogers, Watson, Khawaja, Cosgrove, M Hussey, D Hussey, Haddin, McDonald, Hauritz, Siddle, Copeland....

A massive difference to the current lot

EDIT: and I might add some decent tail wagging

Ponting ruled out of Sydney Test:

http://cricket.com.au/news-display/Injured-Ponting-to-miss-Sydney-Test/23421

Squad to be announced at 5.30pm AEST.

Oh lordy....

Shane Watson, Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Michael Clarke (capt), Michael Hussey, Steven Smith, Brad Haddin (wk), Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, Doug Bollinger, Michael Beer

Humiliating defeat and this is what they come up with, somehow by replacing Ponting as captain with the Clarke and Khawaja at 3 is going to improve the chances of a drawn series.......selectors out.

Selectors out indeed.

The next test that Australia plays is in August (v Sri Lanka I think).

Can Hilditch, can Neilsen, get in Border (as selector) get Steve Waugh as coach.

Get back to basics, as Bobby Simpson did in the 80s.

Get some steel back into this side.

Having said all that, we witnessed a contest between the 4th and 5th test playing nations.

Selectors out indeed.

The next test that Australia plays is in August (v Sri Lanka I think).

Can Hilditch, can Neilsen, get in Border (as selector) get Steve Waugh as coach.

Get back to basics, as Bobby Simpson did in the 80s.

Get some steel back into this side.

Having said all that, we witnessed a contest between the 4th and 5th test playing nations.

England are currently ranked third in the world.

Archived