BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes 2010 / 2011

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also four dingles sat together at the opposite end. There were quite a few rovers fans in adelaide.

Aussies all out for 268. Batting wicket too.

Australia`s back order gave them the majority of the runs. Frustrating.

I was listening to a radio discussion of the Australian batting order from yesterday. It was said player X didn't look comfy at No.6 having been promoted from 7. I was thinking about the batting order, is there really such a difference? I can see why the best batsmen open but by the time you get to 6, 7, 8??

Is this simply based on the principle bowlers will be tired by the time the lower order batsmen come in, so the bowling "threat" is reduced against the weaker batter?

I was listening to a radio discussion of the Australian batting order from yesterday. It was said player X didn't look comfy at No.6 having been promoted from 7. I was thinking about the batting order, is there really such a difference? I can see why the best batsmen open but by the time you get to 6, 7, 8??

Is this simply based on the principle bowlers will be tired by the time the lower order batsmen come in, so the bowling "threat" is reduced against the weaker batter?

Not quite Paul.

Lot's of factors come into play.

Skill is obviously one.

Some batsman are better against spin than the new ball.A number 6 may well have been an opener at some stage in their career.Generally you would hope a number 6 is able to face the new ball that may be taken after 80 overs.

Some batsman are more attack or defense minded.

A may be that you prefer to have a left handed and right handed combination in order to put the bowler of his line and length.

Of course it should be said that batting collapses throw everything into chaos.

How the (Please don't use that word again) is this pie chucker tearing us apart. (Please don't use that word again) me. I hate this team.

Holy ######, you guys are 1 up in the series with the Ashes as good as retained, you have one bad morning to a bowler who 9/10 is ###### but every now and again is truely world class and you hate the team.

Jebus Kristus

Quite right, Ricky.

71 run lead is nothing that a bit of sensible batting can't overcome.

Oh, ER, a 6/38 pie chucker. As Neekoy said, 9 times out of ten (of late) Johnson has been bordering on crap, today he's hit the spot.

As an aside, Johnson used to be very consistent. After his heroics in SA it was decided that his action had to be changed for English conditions, (add swing etc). That completely stuffed his action and we all know the result. It may be that he's getting it all back together, but that remains to be seen. Let's give him a couple more innings.

Notwithstanding today's happenings, I'd still like to see the back of:

Hilditch

Neilsen

Ponting

Clarke (though I did meet his grand dad last Saturday and see the Alan Border Medal that Clarke gave his Gdad for Christmas)

Bring in as a selector, Steve Waugh, let's get that steel back into winning, and playing hard.

As coach, I'd try to persuade John Buchanan to come back. A superb tactician, who worked on the frailties in the opposition.

It's the same as the fans who boo rovers when we are 3-0 up. If the ball swings then Johnson is dangerous..... But so is Anderson!!

This game isn't over by a long stretch

I'd back England to chase down anything up to 300, so you're right. It is far from over. Terrific game though!

Poor show by England. From 70 without loss to 187 all out is inexcusable; Strauss and Cook started the rot by giving their wickets away with poor shots. Anderson looks tired and the decision to let him travel home between the Tests has taken its toll. Plus the wives and girlfriends have arrived - is this a professional sporting series or a family jolly ? Tall order now for England to save this match.

Archived