BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes 2010 / 2011

I've just got 7/4 on England to win the Ashes at bwin.com. They're about 1/2 everywhere else, it's obviously a mistake. I put £20 on, got a free tenner bet too, so £20 returns £82.50. Got to be worth a bet!

Wonder what the fine print is. If they end up 2-2, it isn't really "winning" the Ashes, but retaining it, isn't it?

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England retain them whether it's 1-1,2-1 or 2-2.

Point taken, but I think England "win" if teh series is drawn.

If it's a draw England retain - similar to a boxing title fight - but it doesn't go down as a win. It's an obvious way out for any bookie, I'd be amazed if they paid out on that.

Trott took a risk, an easy 2 but Trtott went for the 3 and nearly got run out, it was very close no need to take the risk as England in a comfy position at the moment.

How much of a whinger is Ricky Ponting, went for a review after Pietersen had maybe clipped the ball, third umpire give it as not out but Ponting carried on moaning to the umpire about the decision.

281-3 at the moment ok make that 281-4 Collingwood gone

As far as jokes go that's a no ball.

Just like the Aussie top order then. This is the worst team I've seen them put out. Surely you have one top order batsman that can score more than 20? And watching Ponting argue with the umpire and being so utterly wrong is great entertainment. Punter must be feeling the pressure now he can't decide to 'give it to Glenn/Shane' when in a tight spot.

I don't think anything's beyond the convicts James

Thanks for posting this! Worth it just to listen to Richie Benaud at the end. And some people think that Channel 9 is extremely biased.

Thanks for posting this! Worth it just to listen to Richie Benaud at the end. And some people think that Channel 9 is extremely biased.

This was definitely against the rules and New Zealand should have been awarded 1 more than the maximum for the ground (as in deliberately allowing a four to expose the weaker batsman). NZ would then have won by a run.

Richie Beanaud was one of a rare breed. An Australian sportsman.

Ponting has been fined 40% of match fee by ICC for breaching code of conduct

He had a go at both umpires then even try to to have a go at Pietersen, didnt get very far with that though. I liked David Lloyds comment, "the decision has been made just get on with the game"

England 513 all out means Australia need to score 415 to make England bat again with the pitch beginning to get a little less good to play on. Needs some massive innings from the Australian batsmen.

Aye but would you bet against them?! There was abit of movement for the bowlers this morning, think Tremlett & Swann can demolish them again.

This was definitely against the rules and New Zealand should have been awarded 1 more than the maximum for the ground (as in deliberately allowing a four to expose the weaker batsman). NZ would then have won by a run.

Richie Beanaud was one of a rare breed. An Australian sportsman.

Al, at the time, it wasn't against any laws of the game. They were amended after this episode.

As for this test, it's all but gone. Thankfully it will cause some changes that have been too long coming, the first of which should be Neilsen, closely followed by Ponting and Clarke.

Archived