BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Haye v Audrey

Haye could fight either Klitschko if he really wanted. And so far, he hasn't wanted to whatsoever.

His trainer has just said 2011 will be has last year, he's retiring in October 2011.

I don't believe that, I reckon it's mind games due to the stipulations I posted earlier - a time frame of October 2011 wouldn't leave room for three fights.

Either way, it has to be one of them next.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To think these jokers got so much publicity in the first place just shows how far Boxing has fallen.

Haye can only beats who's put in front of him, he comes out of this with his head held high, but Fraudley is a disgrace, I’m fuming at that display.

He's never been any good in the professional ranks, a very rich man with little or no talent, lucky for some.

Pac Man later, with talk of a poor training camp, can’t see him losing though and certainly be a better fight than the one we’ve just witnessed.

I don't know what people expected from this fight. Audrey has been a complete non-starter in the pro ranks, he shouldn't have got anywhere near a title bout but he did, that's rankings for you. Many said Audrey could catch Haye with a decent left but it was never ever going to happen, quite frankly I'd have been amazed if it had gone past three rounds.

Haye now has to give the Klit's no room to move. The pair have been fighting second rate fighters for far too long it's time for them to make it happen. I hope it does happen and I've absolutely no doubt that Haye will take them out.

Don't talk to me again about overpaid footballers !! Harrison 150,00 a minute apparently half a minute ago via Echofon

http://twitter.com/RobbieSavage8

Not sure about that to be honest. If Sav is right, that means Harrison got £1.2 million for that fight.

Sounds a lot of money, but then fighters train for a long time in preparation for a fight, it's not just the ring time. This will have been Harrison's first pay day since his last fight, which...if you work the money in weeks since then...is £40k ish p/w.

So he's no more overpaid than footballers. Also, I can't believe I'm posting this ###### on a Saturday night. :)

Not sure about that to be honest. If Sav is right, that means Harrison got £1.2 million for that fight.

Sounds a lot of money, but then fighters train for a long time in preparation for a fight, it's not just the ring time. This will have been Harrison's first pay day since his last fight, which...if you work the money in weeks since then...is £40k ish p/w.

So he's no more overpaid than footballers. Also, I can't believe I'm posting this ###### on a Saturday night. :)

Haye got £2.5m, Harrison got £250k.

According to the Guardian anyway.

Is that just the fees or does it include the extra money he and his family made by betting on him winning in the third?

I don't know what to make of those fees. It's hard to see Audley as the villain of the piece with those figures.

Just watched the Manny v Margarito fight, one of the best fights I've seen for a while.

Margarito is a true warrior, outclassed from the 1st bell, but that sort of heart is what boxings all about, tremendous display by both fighters.

Fraudley you’re a disgrace to boxing, Abbey would have beaten you last night, in fact I’d have beaten you last night.

Absolutely no way would that fraud have gotten into the ring for 250k, regardless of what the guardian newspaper says.

I haven't taken boxing seriously for years.

There used to be one world authority with eight weight divisions and eight world champions - and any schoolboy in Britain who loved sport could name them all.

Now there are myriad governing bodies each with a world champion in countless weight categories, and I couldn't name one of them.

The hype and the money in the sport is inverse proportion to the talent on show - witness last night's farce.

Boxing is a joke.

I haven't taken boxing seriously for years.

There used to be one world authority with eight weight divisions and eight world champions - and any schoolboy in Britain who loved sport could name them all.

Now there are myriad governing bodies each with a world champion in countless weight categories, and I couldn't name one of them.

The hype and the money in the sport is inverse proportion to the talent on show - witness last night's farce.

Boxing is a joke.

Completely agree. I could never understand why Ali was the self proclaimed 'greatest' when he employed that rope a dope nonsense

Archived