BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reappoint Big Sam

Mercer

I'm going to say something contradictory. I don't want to go back to Big Sam football. I saw a glimpse of what Kean is trying to achieve today and, even though we lost and we can ill afford to experiment as we are pretty close to the bottom, the quality of football at times was much better. It wasn't always. David Dunn is done if you ask me and he was the main reason things were breaking down. Once he'd gone off, play was a lot better. We need a good strong passer of the ball in midfield and a striker that can score. Frankly, I'm hoping very much that this manager can turn this team around and I hope he is given the chance. Patience is the key.

CrazyIvan, what FOOTBALL did we play today? We were a shambles. So poor, and utterly dominated by Stoke. Just cause we had 10 minutes at the end when we woke up doesnt really mean much.

I hope we arent back to the fantasy that Paul Ince had us playing quality football like some on here believed.

CrazyIvan, what FOOTBALL did we play today? We were a shambles. So poor, and utterly dominated by Stoke. Just cause we had 10 minutes at the end when we woke up doesnt really mean much.

I hope we arent back to the fantasy that Paul Ince had us playing quality football like some on here believed.

Did you READ what I wrote? This manager obviously has much more about him than Ince. Give him a chance.

He'd be mad to come back.

Kean has been praised by many based on his experience as a coach, but he hasn't showned anything as a manager after two matches. Still crap matches, but now without the results. Venky's has stated that he'll get the rest of the season and if they're gonna make a change, it have to be now. We can't go into a transfer window with one manager only to realize that he's not the man for the job after all and then throw someone else to the wolves.

It's a frustrating situation, but what can you do? Can anybody else make this team work?

Did you READ what I wrote? This manager obviously has much more about him than Ince. Give him a chance.

Unfortunately, we dont have the liberty of giving a chance and risk the club's future when all signs point towards one thing.

2 home games, 1 point, and arguably outperformed by both opponents. If the "manager" had taken over under normal circumstances then it MAY have been different, but he has to appease a squad of angry and shaken players and lift them up besides trying to do the right things on the pitch.

Odds are against him.

Unfortunately, we dont have the liberty of giving a chance and risk the club's future when all signs point towards one thing.

2 home games, 1 point, and arguably outperformed by both opponents. If the "manager" had taken over under normal circumstances then it MAY have been different, but he has to appease a squad of angry and shaken players and lift them up besides trying to do the right things on the pitch.

Odds are against him.

True. It'll be the proving of the man if he can turn this around.

He'd be mad to come back.

Kean has been praised by many based on his experience as a coach, but he hasn't showned anything as a manager after two matches. Still crap matches, but now without the results. Venky's has stated that he'll get the rest of the season and if they're gonna make a change, it have to be now. We can't go into a transfer window with one manager only to realize that he's not the man for the job after all and then throw someone else to the wolves.

It's a frustrating situation, but what can you do? Can anybody else make this team work?

Who was the best coach in England 1995? Ray Harford

Who was the best coach in England 1999? Brian Kidd

Who is the best coach 2010? well not Kean never heard of him, he had little imput into the team

I just know JW is thinking have not mistakes been learnt here

also note that both Ray and Kidd signed some useless players even with money.

• Backroom

I'd imagine Sam is looking at what is happening at the moment with a certain sense of satisfaction.

Though I imagine he'll also feel some regret over the 2 years of work he spent building our team from a bunch of no-hopers into a genuine premiership team, all of which appears to have now been dismantled in the space of a few weeks.

• Backroom

Nah Sam will be quite happy tonight, I spoke to him after the west brom game two seasons ago the day Newcastle went down and he was as smug as I have ever seen a man.

The last 12 months under Hughes we were so negative & poor it was unreal. He also dumped us as soon as he got a better offer.

No thanks

We had a chance at finishing sixth going into the final day. Is that "poor"?

I think Sam might have some mixed feelings regarding Rovers. At Newcastle, all the fans wanted him out and his sacking was inevitable. Besides, he did spend a load of money there. At Rovers, he will know that it was a real shock to many.

Furthermore, at Newcastle he was replaced by a Toon legend who was also an ex-England captain and manager.

At Rovers, he was replaced by his own first-team coach.

:(

Archived