BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jermaine Jones

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he is dead right Topman in what he says. Pity we didn't keep El-Hadji at Ewood and send Kean and Jensen to Scotland. He would certainly have been more use to the club than those two tactical giants have been!

Right or wrong, he didn't want to be here, and Kean would be mental to keep an unsettled Diouf in the squad.

Right or wrong, he didn't want to be here, and Kean would be mental to keep an unsettled Diouf in the squad.

Kean is paid to manage and that means managing difficult players. Losing one of our best players this season has been a major blow and for that Kean must take responsibilty. He wanted the top job but, sadly, he doesn't appear to be capable of doing it.

Hmmm. That's Diouf talking after he's gone to Rangers. Strange then, that he was happy to stay and play under Kean - until the aftermath of the QPR game. Something happened after that game to change things. I think a lot of us can make a decent guess at what went on.

Id like us to sign this boy up if possible....I think he is the ideal defensive midfielder, hopefully Phil Jones will slot into defence next season alongside Samba.

I thought Kean said he was out of our price range and don't Schalke 04 want him back anyway? I thought he was excellent at Arsenal but other performances, including yesterday, have left me far from impressed for the sort of fee that he would fetch. If we could get him cheap he might be worth a punt but I'm not convinced Venkys could afford the fee the German club will ask.

I'm also far from convinced Phil Jones will still be here next season and if the worst happens, I can't see Samba sticking around to play in the Championship.

I read today that Jones wants to stay here permanently.

If so, I hope we can work something out in the summer.

Hes starting to find his feet, and looks more assured with each passing game. Its not easy to just ‘slot right in’ when coming from overseas, but we could have a gem, lets hope we keep hold of him.

As for Diouf, he wanted out when Allardyce left and got his wish, end of that story.

I think JJ has been playing well of late, looks like he has a great engine, and gets up and down the field very well.

One glaring concern i do have of him is that he doesnt half concede freekicks in stupid places. Against Brum on Saturday he dived in on Jerome?? and conceded a bloody ridiculous freekick right on the edge of our box when he had already passed the ball. Robinson fortunately made a good save, but thing like that are completely unnecessary.

This isn't the only time it has happened aswell. He made a stupid challenge against WBA at home, which should have been a penalty

Archived