BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jermaine Jones

His international game today - played one half, chopped down Messi, narrowly avoided a yellow, disappeared, subbed at half time.

Bit harsh the entire USA team was chasing shadows in the first half to be fair, Argentina playing some superb stuff. Although there's no doubt he does have the tendancy to be "rather clumsy" at times. Glad he's been taken off at half-time, we need him fully fit for the remainder of the season.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit harsh the entire USA team was chasing shadows in the first half to be fair, Argentina playing some superb stuff. Although there's no doubt he does have the tendancy to be "rather clumsy" at times. Glad he's been taken off at half-time, we need him fully fit for the remainder of the season.

Maybe, but I didn't see much of him after that incident. Bradley was a lot more in your face.

If course this is all my opinion.

Schalke's D.O.F. confirmed JJ will start next season with Schalke.

Is that because they want him to stay and be a part of their team or because they don't want to sell him for a reduced fee because they no longer want him at the club.

I think JJ will decide where he will play next season. If he wants to stay in England then I doubt Schalke will stand in his way.......as long as the price is right.

I hope this guy goes back to Schalke.

IMO, he is overrated and hugely overpaid.

Described by Kean as box to box when he signed - with that statement, very much doubted Kean had seen him play!

We already have a shed load of dross and mediocrity in midfield.

Described by Kean as box to box when he signed - with that statement, very much doubted Kean had seen him play!

im not being rude but do you go to the games ?

we must be watching a different player

i know he can give silly free kicks away but he has given us bite in midfield - not afraid too get stuck in , energy second to none and gets around the pitch - he was everywhere against blackpool

i hope we go all out to sign him . hes exactly what we have been missing

im not being rude but do you go to the games ?

we must be watching a different player

i know he can give silly free kicks away but he has given us bite in midfield - not afraid too get stuck in , energy second to none and gets around the pitch - he was everywhere against blackpool

i hope we go all out to sign him . hes exactly what we have been missing

Finally, some sense being written

It means they were not planning to sell him in the first place and he will be in the new mans plans. Besides the fact that we were never going to sign him or Roque.

I'm pretty sure Kean was quoted as saying that we would be unlikely to sign either player for next season. It will be interesting to see who we do sign though, providing we stay up.

I'm pretty sure Kean was quoted as saying that we would be unlikely to sign either player for next season. It will be interesting to see who we do sign though, providing we stay up.

We have 2 lists:

Kaka

Van Nistelrooy

Adam

and

Makail-Smith

Danny Graham

Jody Craddock

Guess which ones the list if we get relegated? :lol:

evenhtough jones runs a lot and does throw himself into tackles etc, i just think that he is to slow nad lacks a bit of acceleration, so he can cope with the tempo. There are many times, where he is almost in the right position, but just a bit to late. Could also be the reason why, that he often gets into some semi-wreckless challenges and gets a card.

he is an improvement on grella and nzonzi, but thats not saying much this season. So far he has been average.

Not a great loss to be honest, he's got potential but he's been 'raw' for a few years now.

Probably true....he has potential their is no doubt, but he seems like another struggling to fulfil it.

Would much rather have Welbeck

Until the Blackpool match he wasn't played as a box to box midfielder. When Phil Jones came on it allowed him to play box to box, I thought he played really well and at last showed some of his potential.

Fair enough he's disappointed in his other games but he's not been up to speed with the premiership and he was being played in a different role to what he's used to.

Archived