BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jermaine Jones

I'm just thinking of that 'thing' he did when he kicked the ball miles over :lol: I don't know what to call it, was it a shot? It's making me laugh and putting a smile back on my face anyway.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones is a good player, I'm not sure he understood his role today though, first half he seemed to be playing anywhere and everywhere.

Get some organisation to the team Mr.Kean.

That shot/clearance? Was rather amusing :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

He doesnt go missing a la Grella. He isnt afraid to get stuck in. He runs his legs off. Qualities that none of our midfielders have. He isnt the best, but between our midfielders he is the best defensive one, which makes it more ludicrous to see him playing in a more advanced role instead of holding.

Kean, on Radio Lancs, said we'll see the best of him in the last 10 matches.

Hint of desperation in that remark I think! Kean will have to sort out a system that suits for a start before any individual mid-fielder can play well. I'd suggest 4 in the middle--our speedy wingers either side, both N'Zonzi and Jones in the middle, Formica ahead of them providing the craft and Santa Cruz up front.Everyone could understand that i think but what do I know? He'll probably persevere with his diamond.

Hint of desperation in that remark I think! Kean will have to sort out a system that suits for a start before any individual mid-fielder can play well. I'd suggest 4 in the middle--our speedy wingers either side, both N'Zonzi and Jones in the middle, Formica ahead of them providing the craft and Santa Cruz up front.Everyone could understand that i think but what do I know? He'll probably persevere with his diamond.

They should never play together. They keep going for the same ball. It's almost like playing Bunn and Robinson on the field together.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this lad had a great game today. He really got about the pitch, gave absolutely everything and retained possession a lot better than in previous matches. He was constantly harrying the opposition but also found the energy to burst forward and support our attacks.

Hopefully this is a sign that he is really beginning to acclimatise to the Premier League.

I thought this lad had a great game today. He really got about the pitch, gave absolutely everything and retained possession a lot better than in previous matches. He was constantly harrying the opposition but also found the energy to burst forward and support our attacks.

Hopefully this is a sign that he is really beginning to acclimatise to the Premier League.

A Fulham fan we know also said he thought he played well against them.

I thought he was truly excellent today. I'd love to see this player stay at Rovers longterm. We need someone with his energy and drive. He's not perfect by any stretch but he's the best midfielder at the club. I don't think Junior is classed or should be classed as a midfielder...

I thought he kept giving away stupid free kicks. Doesnt matter how far he runs - if his wrecklessness leads to a goal he's a liability. He stands out because of the crap we've put up with over the last few seasons.

I thought he kept giving away stupid free kicks. Doesnt matter how far he runs - if his wrecklessness leads to a goal he's a liability. He stands out because of the crap we've put up with over the last few seasons.

I was just about to post exactly this. If he were to be able to cut that out of his game then he would be great.

• Backroom

Any player of his kind will give away a lot of free kicks, it's a hazard of the job, even the greats like Claude Makelele did it.

The foul for the goal was un needed though otherwise he was superb

Ran his socks off today, i would definatly have him permanent however his wages will have to be lowered, if he adds goals then fair enough, however putting yourself about and running around does not deserve 60-70k a week. but impressed me today

Archived