BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jermaine Jones

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have finally made a signing which aims to fix our problem that our previous 2 managers have failed to do anything with…..Thank God!

To be fair to Plince, he did bring two midfielders in. Unfortunately they happened to be Grella and Andrews so he didn't do a very good job of it.

So we have finally made a signing which aims to fix our problem that our previous 2 managers have failed to do anything with…..Thank God!

To be fair both bought players to address it:- Grella, Andrews, Nzonzi, Linganzi.

Problem is they are all a bit rubbish or not really ready yet.

Excited by Jones. Seems that we have already made two quality singings and are continuing to pursue targets. Fantastic!

So we have finally made a signing which aims to fix our problem that our previous 2 managers have failed to do anything with…..Thank God!I hope this man is the answer we have been looking for since as far back as Batty/ Sherwood….apparently a box to box type midfielder with a good pass on him & a strong tackler….all of a sudden we are beginning to sound a much stronger unit.

Welcome to the Rovers mate...own that midfield!

One manager of course did not have the finances to get the one he wanted (Guti) even on loan!!

Delighted with this signing, imo much more needed than Ronaldinho :P

Hard in the tackle, just what we need to break up play, and then counter quickly with Hoilett and Olsson.

The Grinch signed Andrews and Grella.. what a waste of money... 2 signings so far, is it Christmas. We got Santa, so it must be ;)

One manager of course did not have the finances to get the one he wanted (Guti) even on loan!!

I'm sure he was talking about a defensive midfielder, but if we are playing that game Kean didn't get Ronaldinho. Did he spend the rest of the window moaning about the collapse of the deal and digging his heals in to try and get the board to change their mind? No. He moved to other targets. I know it's a completely different situation, but then why did you bring up Guti?

Because he'd blown 6m on a striker that was never going to be able to play the loan centre forward role, we may as well have not bothered signing Kalinic, he’s been wasted playing that role.

Really happy with the Jones signing, it was kept quiet which was good, and on the face of things he sounds just the sort of player we're crying out for.

I think that the Savage comparisons aren't bad, but they don't do Jones justice. He's a far more complete player than Sav ever was, in that he is far more an attacking threat.

For me, its great because its another compatriot in the kit for which to root; I've been missing that since Big Brad left.

I think that the Savage comparisons aren't bad, but they don't do Jones justice. He's a far more complete player than Sav ever was, in that he is far more an attacking threat.

If true - then thats exciting...Iv only seen Youtube clips off him, and looked at his reputation accross different sites - and it all points to being a very good player.

Im thinking/ dreaming - debut goal on sunday!

If true - then thats exciting...Iv only seen Youtube clips off him, and looked at his reputation accross different sites - and it all points to being a very good player.

Im thinking/ dreaming - debut goal on sunday!

Red card more likely, unless he has watched plenty of Prem league that is.

I am happy as hell with this signing though, I'm getting sick of seeing people wander through our midfield like it isnt there, we need some steel in there.

I am happy as hell with this signing though, I'm getting sick of seeing people wander through our midfield like it isnt there, we need some steel in there.

It makes you almost miss Mokoena :angry2:

Perhaps he can do a Gordie Howe hat-trick - a goal, an assist and instead of a fight in hockey, a red card :)

If this guy has half the heart of Robbie Savage, we'll be doing well. Sav isn't and wasn't the best midfielder in the game but you knew that when he ran onto the pitch, he gave his all and made himself a nuisance. I hope this guy has some of that in his game. We've missed it.

Archived