BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jermaine Jones

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great News!

Might be another Grella, but I choose to look at it in a positive manner.

I think he will add some steel in our midfield.

Wonder if we will play 4-2-3-1 with Nzonzi and Jones DM. Hoilett, Dunn, Olsson and Kalinic/Santa Cruz?

I get the feeling we will be looking at a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 probably when N'Zonzi's fit rotating with Jones with each pushing for the DM role.

feels kinda good to start thinking the squad may get some decent depth to it once again.

Wow, have to say I'll be well chuffed if this happens. As an American, I've heard abotu him for a few years now. Jones has been touted as "the next big thing" to hit the NT as soon as his intention to play for SUa not Germany and his FIFA clearance came through, and his health (knee, I think) issues cleared up. He was able to play at least one recent USA friendly (although he looked poor, mainly because the USA formation had 3 VERY similar midfielders trying to find their way together, see more below).

Right now, from everything I've read about int he USA NT... He's basically a very similar, yet better player to 2 other USa central midfielders that should ring a bell to you all, in Michael Bradley and Maurice Edu. He's considered the best of that group, clearly. (although, when your dad is the NT coach, you will probably get more playing time) Bradley has more than cut it in Germany, and Edu as well in Scotland... So he should be fine in the EPL, looks the part, has the pedigree.

I'll ping a few people I know who dig up every bit of SUA NT dirt they can find and report back.

Hope not

Why? It's the formation that plays the best football.

I can't imagine we'll be playing 1 up front though with 5 strikers on the book. Hopefully we'll be shipping a few players out before the end of the window (Grella, Andrews and Roberts will do nicely).

Great News!

Might be another Grella, but I choose to look at it in a positive manner.

I think he will add some steel in our midfield.

Wonder if we will play 4-2-3-1 with Nzonzi and Jones DM. Hoilett, Dunn, Olsson and Kalinic/Santa Cruz?

Jones was reported to have said that Magath's system of two defensive midfielders didn't suit him, so I can't see him liking that idea.

I like the look of him in this clip

Looks like he can play a through ball, is Quick, can dribble and has a powerfull shot on him to add to the other stats we have heard about him

My main concern would be if he has lost anything after his year out injuried.

the rumoured loan to buy option seems the smarterst way to go.

I am exicted to see him in a rovers shirt

And to add to an earlier posters pics of his girlfriend he certaninly seems to have no problem getting his leg over on a regular basis :tu:

Google translation of the Bild article referenced by the BBC a few minutes ago:

Bye-bye!

Schalke's Jermaine Jones (29) will move almost certain to Blackburn Rovers in the English Premier League. The U.S. international is already on the island, negotiating final details.

Background: Felix Magath (57) Jones had a 0-5 disaster in Kaiserslautern Schalke amateurs demoted after him and not taken to Belek. This marks the final were to divorce. Jones: "The coach has no current plans with me. This is a difficult situation for any professional ... "

Jones has the consultant Roger Wittmann (50) is now solved. Blackburn (10 in England) want to borrow the man midfield until season's end.

Advantage for Magath: big earner Jones (contract until 2014, about 4 million € per year) is down from the payroll. And - set by Jones at Blackburn's summer guarantees a purchase offer.

Wittmann told Bild: "As a fighter fits Jermaine Jones perfectly in the English football. "

A player of his ilk was very much needed today.

I agree with that too. I just think, for £65k a week, better players of that ilk could be available. Don't Spurs have an upper wage limit of around that amount for every player in their squad?

I reckon virtually any player outside Man Utd/Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea would be tempted by that amount.

I suppose if Venky's are footing the bill I shouldn't really care, thing is we're not really sure where the money is coming from.

I suppose if Venky's are footing the bill I shouldn't really care, thing is we're not really sure where the money is coming from.

I realise this is not totally relevant to Jones, but we suddenly seem to be raising the level of wages we are paying if the bandied around figure is correct for Jones and if Roque is on around £90,000 per week.

Supporters of other clubs with new owners were delighted with the quality of their signings, but were very displeased when their clubs went belly up.

I believe that having new owners in India could really pay off but I am concerned by the apparent level of these earnings.Especially as we are led to believe there will be more sibnings.

He sounds like he's exactly what we need.

I also doubt he earns 60k per week. Schalke do pay a bit more than the average team in Germany (Bayern M paying the most), but no Sky Sports type big money TV deals make the Bundesligue the lowest paid of the big 4 leagues in Europe.

I don't care how good or bad this lad is or how much he is going to be paid - if he can even play half as well as an injured Robbie Savage, he'll be a massive improvement on the joke of a centre midfield that we have at present.

I never want to see David Dunn start another game in his current condition - he can't bloody tackle and his far too slow to spray the ball about at the minute.

I don't care how good or bad this lad is or how much he is going to be paid - if he can even play half as well as an injured Robbie Savage, he'll be a massive improvement on the joke of a centre midfield that we have at present.

That's hardly the attitude to take with potential signings...not even Accy Stanley will be that flippant about who they bring in.

Archived