BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can he be in the country if he doesn't have a passport?

I'm assuming he has an Argentinian passport which is still valid, his Italian passport seems to be the issue.

Have to say this could turn out to be a fantastic window. Especially if we keep hold of Samba, and can bring in this Formica lad. Add that to RSC and Jones on loan, and Nelsen's new contract.

Hopefully we can get Robbo to sign a new contract, along with Hoilett.

I'm just wondering how all this is been funded if Venkys have no money :rolleyes:

Nicko, there has been talk of us being interested in Simon Vuckevic from Sporting Lisboa. The sun even reported that we have made a bid in the region of £2 million for him..

Although I might think that we are interested in him, I don't believe we have tabled a bid for him.

Have you heard anything about this?

If you end up with Roque [loan], Jones [loan], Formica [buy], Rochina [buy] and this Brazilian kid Roniele [buy] it would be a very healthy window.

Larsson would look less likely now - but still probable for the summer.

You would have a healthy top-ten shot with that group on board. And the bank would not be broken.

Come summer you will move out a few and address the striker/ midfield sitter vacancies that would result in Roque and Jones going back after their loans - if that is to be the outcome.

The time to break down all of the figures and judge is still February 1 but it seems to havelurched forward quite well in the past few days.

This window has already been better than most recents. If all of those three will come it´s a great window. The Brazilian lad of course has to show he is worth it first.

How can he be in the country if he doesn't have a passport?

Formica could be in on his Argentinian passport. The Italian one would be needed if he wants to work here.

So that needs to be resolved.

Nicko, there has been talk of us being interested in Simon Vuckevic from Sporting Lisboa. The sun even reported that we have made a bid in the region of £2 million for him..

Although I might think that we are interested in him, I don't believe we have tabled a bid for him.

Have you heard anything about this?

I know an agent has been hawking Vuckevic around...wasn't the three-club rule a clue? :lol:

However the arrival of Formica would suggest that Vuckevic won't be a live one. He was possibly an alternative if Formica had gone down the tubes.

What would be the background on this transfer target? (Formica)

How did he come to our attention and why would there not be a lot of interest from other English clubs?

There has been plenty of interest in Formica before. However there were always snags. Maybe poor agents were involved before...

I can only presume there is a file or DVD on the chap.

He came to the fore as an option after one or two on the original list dropped off.

Ronaldinho and Adam?

I was thinking those two...and Duff.

It will be interesting to see where the manager wants to play Formica.

He should be ready for action after playing for Newell's...so hopefully the wait won't be too long to catch a glimpse.

Can we atleast try to keep this on topic. Anything to do with Blackpool should go in the 'Blackpool' thread, anything to do with United or spurs or any other club should go in the 'Other PL Happenings' thread. Anything related to BLACKBURN ROVERS TRANSFERS goes in here!

Was Ronaldinho ever on. I think that Venkeys tried to hi-jack a deal already done to go to Brazil. It was doomed to failure as he is winding down his career in his homeland. The Adam saga will carry on and on.

I'm assuming he has an Argentinian passport which is still valid, his Italian passport seems to be the issue.

Have to say this could turn out to be a fantastic window. Especially if we keep hold of Samba, and can bring in this Formica lad. Add that to RSC and Jones on loan, and Nelsen's new contract.

Hopefully we can get Robbo to sign a new contract, along with Hoilett.

I'm just wondering how all this is been funded if Venkys have no money :rolleyes:

Why do you keep arguing with the invisible man? That is unless that was aimed at me when I said they were skint in PL terms and that we had the second poorest owners in the league.

I've yet to see anything that shows that to be wrong, how much are we buying Formica and Rochina for by the way (I assume you know seeing as it's proof they are loaded).

So far we have spent £0 on transfers, Roch is apparently £1m and Formica was due to go to Monaco for £2m so if we get both of them we'd have spent the massive amount of £3m, WOW!!!

That's not to say I'm not welcoming these signings although it is worrying that people are getting excited over what people have read on football manager and what they've seen on Youtube.

But when the likes of Villa are throwing £18m at Darren Bent, your roll eyes are a bit silly really.

Why do you keep arguing with the invisible man? That is unless that was aimed at me when I said they were skint in PL terms and that we had the second poorest owners in the league.

I've yet to see anything that shows that to be wrong, how much are we buying Formica and Rochina for by the way (I assume you know seeing as it's proof they are loaded).

So far we have spent £0 on transfers, Roch is apparently £1m and Formica was due to go to Monaco for £2m so if we get both of them we'd have spent the massive amount of £3m, WOW!!!

That's not to say I'm not welcoming these signings although it is worrying that people are getting excited over what people have read on football manager and what they've seen on Youtube.

But when the likes of Villa are throwing £18m at Darren Bent, your roll eyes are a bit silly really.

Try reading the Telegraph articles on the Raos they are billionaires, bloke researched them for a month.

So is everyone saying because he scored one goal in his first game Bent is worth £18,000,000,that was silly money and smacks of panic...

wages, sign on fees and agent fees all also have to be paid. players dont just sign on the dotted line alot more goes into a transfer.

Wasn't Monacos bid on £2m the reason of the deal break down? Galatasaray's bid was on £5m I think and NOB set the price on him around that. Maybe Im wrong here, but someone mentioned it....

Try reading the Telegraph articles on the Raos they are billionaires, bloke researched them for a month.

It's rubbish, if they were Billionaires they would on Forbes list who do a bit more than one month's reaserch. All the ultra careful 'don't want to spend a penny more than we have to' attitude should prove they are no Roman Abramovichs.

wages, sign on fees and agent fees all also have to be paid. players dont just sign on the dotted line alot more goes into a transfer.

It's pretty desperate when you have to add fees and wages to make up the £5m. Most people went mental when they came out and said our transfer budget was only £5m. When BPF said that including wages as well people went even crazier.

Skip forward a month a suddenly it's proof they are minted :blink:

In other news, Alex McCleish was on TS and sounded very unsure of Larsson's future, basically said "He's a Brum player at the moment but who knows what will happen over the next few days".

Archived