Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail...t-Ewerthon.html

Blackburn to bid £8m for Graham Dorrans

Also, at the bottom of the same story it mentions;

Blackburn, meanwhile, have signed a pre-contract agreement with young Barcelona striker Ruben Rochina.

So he'd arrive in the summer!?

Also, update from Nicko on Formica;

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Blackburn-pushing-through-3m-swoop-for-Argentinian-forward-Mauro-Formica-despite-passport-snag-article683817.html

IMO, utter drivel.

If Rovers bid £8m for ANY player this window, there will be many bare arses on show on the steps of Blackburn Town Hall!

I just had an odd conversation with EHD...

He wants to stay but is open to offers. He was also keen to tell me that Mame is better than he is...

did he come across as a decent guy? its sometimes hard to see past the newspaper descriptions of him!

I just had an odd conversation with EHD...

He wants to stay but is open to offers. He was also keen to tell me that Mame is better than he is...

Over the phone? Face to face? Twitter..?

It says we've signed a "pre-contact" with Rochina,does that mean we won't have him til the summer?

Having said that, don't trust an article from any paper that is written "By Sportsmail Reporter", basically no journalist wants to put his name to it which normally means it's rubbish.

Chelsea were always going to go for a mega-signing of a forward during 2011.

Hopefully this is all too late in the window for Liverpool to go out and spend it other than on Adam and Suarez.

Glad it looks like a purchase of Formica.

Sensible to do Rochina on a pre-contract deal but that story is in the Mail.

Here's hoping/expecting the £8m for Dorrans is just another Daily Mail fantasy- they have got a terrible track record for getting Rovers stories wrong. Incidentally, which one was Dorrans on Sunday- anyone remember which number he was? Was he playing or was he out injured?

Formica is a 3 year deal according to that fella on twitter (waltersafarian)...permanent deal.

So £3m for the fee + 3 year contract at at least £20k a week....so thats over £3m in wages say + signing on fee & agent fees.....£5m is the budget though! :rolleyes:

Chelsea were always going to go for a mega-signing of a forward during 2011.

Hopefully this is all too late in the window for Liverpool to go out and spend it other than on Adam and Suarez.

Glad it looks like a purchase of Formica.

Sensible to do Rochina on a pre-contract deal but that story is in the Mail.

Here's hoping/expecting the £8m for Dorrans is just another Daily Mail fantasy- they have got a terrible track record for getting Rovers stories wrong. Incidentally, which one was Dorrans on Sunday- anyone remember which number he was? Was he playing or was he out injured?

He was injured Phil, and I think your right in regards to the Daily Mail transfer stories. Pinch of salt.

Chelsea are in for Torres...and I think it will happen. What it all means is anybody's guess. Like where Drogba fits into this. And how Liverpool spend the dough.

Sounds like Roman has got a taste for battle again which is not a bad thing.

Dorrans is just garbo.

What does "training compensation" really mean? It might be late, but I didn't really get it :

"Barcelona B forward Ruben Rochina (19) could join Blackburn for only a training compensation, with a buy-back option included."

Archived