BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

Guys here's where the money topic ends.

Quite simple, if you don't get back on track you will have a brief rest from posting. You've been warned.

Transfer topic not are our owners minted or not.

Current subjects seem to be Formica, ronieli(sp?) and the barca lads. Get back on topic or have a few weeks away from the board, your choice!!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am personally a happy fan and don't understand a lot of the negative views. We have got a great set of young players, hopefully signing another couple of exciting youngsters before this window shuts. I am very pleased with the two players who have come in already. We now need to get shut of two or three (obvious candidates) and i think we are looking a lot stronger. I also don't care that we are not spending 18 million on one player cos the club could not sustain that even if venky's could. Steady progress at a sustainable rate is exactly what we need. Makes me feel very positive for the future.

I'm not critising the spending plan, I'm not angry we've not thrown £10m at a top player. I was just reacting (more fool me) to this cheeky stab at me (so blame Valouis for bringing this subject up again ^_^ ).....

And it seems you agree with me, what we've done so far isn't a proof of big funds which is all I'm saying. Some people on here are desperate to prove what they've been claiming (Indian Billionaires from a long line of wealth) and it just annoys me a little when they start claiming a couple of £1m/£2m signings is proof I was wrong (followed by roll eyes).

and he is far from being a billionaire.

So could Venkys, more worringly they could have taken out a loan to buy us.

I'll STFU now...that is until Hughsey or Valouis come out with another "proof" the Raos are minted because we bought some unknown teenager from Mexico. :lol:

EDIT: just saw that modes after I submitted, I will shut up now

Bit concerned that the quotes you have commented on were not posted by me, apart from the second one. The other quotes are from Imy's posts. How the hell has that happened?

wages, sign on fees and agent fees all also have to be paid. players dont just sign on the dotted line alot more goes into a transfer.

Dont forget though we have offloaded one or two which would have recouped a good portion of Roques wages and if Diouf goes, the whole lot of Roques wages!

• Backroom

Latest on Formica from Joel Richards is:

Joel_Richards Joel Richards

@

member of the newells board said deal done between the clubs and he's in England now...

Fingers crossed

I'm assuming he has an Argentinian passport which is still valid, his Italian passport seems to be the issue.

Have to say this could turn out to be a fantastic window. Especially if we keep hold of Samba, and can bring in this Formica lad. Add that to RSC and Jones on loan, and Nelsen's new contract.

Hopefully we can get Robbo to sign a new contract, along with Hoilett.

I'm just wondering how all this is been funded if Venkys have no money :rolleyes:

I don't know how much the Rao's are worth. I'm not sure anyone else does either except themselves. I suspect the answer is "enough". As I've said before in response to your continued quest to prove half the board consists of morons, the argument is not about how much the owners are worth but how much they are prepared to spend.

And that's where I keep saying the performance doesn't match the hype.There is absolutely no chance of them spending , say, 5M on Krancjar (sp) is there?

And "yes" before you say it again, this is a much better transfer window than the last few. But to keep our collective feet on the ground, we are in the last week and we have still only got 2 players, both on loan and Samba's future is still not clear.

The deal for Formica was supposed to be £3.5m-£4m + wages for 3-4 year deal - so hope that happens.

Add to that £90k a week worth of RSC & 60k a week worth of JJ - Another £3m in wages...Fair enough we got shut of £30-35k Chimbonda, but we had to pay him off too!

We've certainly spent more than we would have with the Walkers. In previous windows we have had to sell players first or chase free transfers and loan deals. It is true that so far we only have the two loan deals, but they are expensive ones and for proven players who have been able to come straight into the first 11. If we can also sign two or three younger players then I think the club will be adopting the correct strategy. For seasons many of us have been advocating a transfer policy where we sign younger players and look to build a young team that we can keep for years and also sell off if/when necessary and the deal is right. If we consistently spend like this then it will make a massive difference. My fear will be that this is just to make a good impression or that they think that they can fix all of the problems in one window with still fairly limited spending.

Its been said a few times tonight. No more discussion/posts concerning Venkys and how much money they have or havent got, or how much they are willing to spend or not spend.

Posters who do are risking having their posting rights removed for a while.

Lets keep the discussion to players currently linked, Formica/Rochina etc.

Archived