BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool @ Home Ticket Prices

Not seen any comment on this, however, just been told that the cheapest adult seat is £28 (Riverside) and Blackburn End Lower is £35.

I think there might be plenty of seats available for this critcal match when every ounce of help will be needed!

Does not augur well for the price of next season's season tickets for those who will be thinking of renewing.

People are getting used to the mega cheap prices and seem to forget that most fans pay twice and three times the price for their season ticket than we do, so if/when prices start to go back to the 'normal' matchday price most halfwits will start blaming the owners and forget they have had a great deal.

I've said it for years, you can expect £X millions to be spent each transfer window and have 20,000 people paying £15 - £20 per match ..... it just doesn't add up and cannot continue in the medium to long term.

True; but Mercerman's point remains.

According to Blackpool's website, they've got 5,000 tickets for the game. I know from friends of the tangerine persuasion that they're enjoying their time in the Premier League so much that I can imagine all of those being sold.

It'd be awful to be out-shouted by them at a time when the team needs all the support we fans can provide.

If you remember in Sam's 1st season and the battle to stay-up when Ince was sacked, as we got into the final throes of the season, match 'specials' were introduced to swell the numbers and ratchet-up the volume.

Have we not got a similar situation here - exceptional circumstances calling for exceptional action. Slash the prices and if you get twice as many paying on the gate, you end-up with the same revenue.

As a season ticket holder, it wouldn't bother me if it's the difference between staying-up or not.

This is straightforward common sense.

True; but Mercerman's point remains.

According to Blackpool's website, they've got 5,000 tickets for the game. I know from friends of the tangerine persuasion that they're enjoying their time in the Premier League so much that I can imagine all of those being sold.

It'd be awful to be out-shouted by them at a time when the team needs all the support we fans can provide.

BRFC can't afford to turn down 5000 x 35 quid from the visitors. That's the price of our cheap season tickets - when there's an opportunity to max out ticket revenue from a visiting club then Rovers have to cash in.

And if the 20,000 home crowd at Ewood is out-shouted by 5,000 Blackpool visitors - in a crucial local derby 6 pointer - then it's a poor do.

The passion obviously exists - just read the ranting and raving on the Keith Andrews thread.

If some of that anger was turned on the opposition rather than a damaging crusade to hound out and destroy our own players then I'm sure Fortress Ewood can help the team in the remaining home fixtures, like it has in the past when BRFC's collective back has been against the wall.

Games like Tottenham and Newcastle have had £18 tickets in the Riverside, however as Blackpool is the first Lanky derby with them for donkey's years, they have priced it like Lpool, Man Yoo etc.

Donkey's years!

Like it!

Agreed, the club have to cash in on large away followings to make up for the cheap season tickets. Blackpool will sell out i'm sure which will make for a nice 25,000+ gate

Walk on's have had a good deal this season with 2 or 3 £10.00 offers. Bolton will be another cheapy too.

Agreed, the club have to cash in on large away followings to make up for the cheap season tickets. Blackpool will sell out i'm sure which will make for a nice 25,000+ gate

Walk on's have had a good deal this season with 2 or 3 £10.00 offers. Bolton will be another cheapy too.

I would imagine that there will a fair few Blackpool fans in the home ends as well. Demand in Blackpool for tickets for this match is high - and I know of a fair few Blackpool fans that will be on our database - as they used to visit Ewood to watch the EPL.

A mate of mine, living in Blackpool (but a rover) says he won`t be taking his son (a tangerine & rovers fan) to the game......basically because (in his words) "I`m not paying those prices"

Can`t say i blame him. I wouldn`t pay that either.

A mate of mine, living in Blackpool (but a rover) says he won`t be taking his son (a tangerine & rovers fan) to the game......basically because (in his words) "I`m not paying those prices"

Can`t say i blame him. I wouldn`t pay that either.

Tough.

We paid it at their place though...

<_<

Not sure that works out. The lower tier holds 5000 and the upper 3000. Given the segregation issues etc. I doubt they have more than 2000 in the lower tier and the full 3000 in the upper.

• 3 weeks later...

They were priced at £35 for Blackpool because Rovers wanted to make money off the large number of away fans attending. Its in the league rules that clubs have to charge the same matchday prices for home and away fans so if we'd charged say £15 for that game, we'd have lost £100,000 in money from the good people of Blackpool. I'm fully in favour of this policy because:

1. Rovers fans have been getting ripped off at other clubs grounds for years whereas opposition fans have treated Ewood as the big day out for the season, getting massive allocations at bargain prices.

2. The club has to find a way to recoup some of the money lost on our cheap season tickets, opposition fans are subsidising our season ticket holders, which is great in my opinion.

The small number of our own fans who still buy match tickets have been told time and again that even if they can only attend 6-7 matches in a season, they should get a season ticket anyway because they'll save money. Those who chose to ignore this advice should put up and shut up. Fair enough for those who attend less than 6 home games a season, but then they aren't gonna be spending that much all together anyway.

They were priced at £35 for Blackpool because Rovers wanted to make money off the large number of away fans attending. Its in the league rules that clubs have to charge the same matchday prices for home and away fans so if we'd charged say £15 for that game, we'd have lost £100,000 in money from the good people of Blackpool. I'm fully in favour of this policy because:

I dont think anybody can doubt this makes perfect sense. We know tickets are more expensive per away following. However, I am just asking that for all the match by match supporters that might be losing interest and although however dramatic last saturdays 2nd half was if they thought it was £35 they might not bother! Its £10. Come on down. Lets help fill ewood and keep our club in the premier league.

• 2 weeks later...

It covered Roques wages for a week and covered all of Steve Keans monthly visits to India so far :rover:

Every little helps.

Archived