BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Hit The Headlines

It was bitterness that started from Darren Lewis (Ince's mate) and on to that clown Oliver Holt.

Are Notts County racist too or is it that his results with them have been rubbish too and he's not actually any good at managing a football team?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Notts County racist too or is it that his results with them have been rubbish too and he's not actually any good at managing a football team?

Racists for sure.

It is impossible that a black Englishman could be bad at anything AND held accountable for his actions.

Shaaaa

been tweeting oliver holt and some off mirror to see if they think the same ...ignored lol as was my emails .

two faced calling pan kettle sooty assed ...ooops joke not racist before the pc get me.

Guest roverspogges

Did they really imply rovers were racist for sacking ince?? I wasn't a member or reader of this site at the time but I know how over the top ppl can get on here. If they did then it says much more about them and the way they think than it did about the club.

I never really got how they implied Rovers (the only club TO hire a black English manager) were racist for sacking him... :blink:

Yeh it was brilliant that wasn't it. We were so intent on being racist that we hired a black English person, so that we could sack him and emphasise the power of caucasians in PL football. ffs :lol:

What is the untold damage to the legacy of black managers in the UK, after John Barnes and Paul Ince catastrophic failure in football management.

For me, I think its a great shame that these two guys blew it big time.

What is the untold damage to the legacy of black managers in the UK, after John Barnes and Paul Ince catastrophic failure in football management.

lots of European managers blow it big time, doesn't stop other Europeans being hired.

What is the legacy of black managers you refer to?

Guest roverspogges

Oh well I waited half an hour but no one can provide an example. Come on brfcs members I really want to see an example of the media calling us racist.

Oh well I waited half an hour but no one can provide an example. Come on brfcs members I really want to see an example of the media calling us racist.

try this

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Is-racism-to-blame-for-Paul-Ince-getting-a-rough-ride-at-Blackburn-asks-Oliver-Holt-article34231.html

You can't remember the shed loads of trophies?

I honestly can't remember, mind you i have been away on hols for a few days

lots of European managers blow it big time, doesn't stop other Europeans being hired.

What is the legacy of black managers you refer to?

That they've been completely and totally crap at the job.

For me it makes no difference. Lots of managers of all sorts fail and it's a shame for them too. Who cares what colour of skin a manager has? Cream will always rise to the top. The Football business cannot afford sentimentallity to suit every minority. One might ask why there are no chinese given the amount of them on the planet or even why there are no women managers as there are more women on the surface of the world than any other human group. How about homosexual managers? Crikey if we could get top four regularly I'd accept Julian Clary in drag standing on the touchline with Clare Balding assistant manager in Doc Martins and a boiler suit!

Here's a question though. On the subject of proportions the real managerial mystery is how come Scotland a country with a pop about the same as the old county of Lancashire produces so many quality football managers? It's massively disproportionate to other nationalities. For example the number of black players far exceeds the number of scottish players so why does that reverse in management? To generalise massively we all see Scotish stereotypes as tough, dour, driven individuals with red hair, white skin and big chips on their shoulders v black stereotypes with headphones, endless bling, laid back, overly relaxed and frequently lazy attitudes with equally big chips on their shoulders too. The measure of success obviously being that the sweaties are better balanced as individuals.... cos they have massive chips on both shoulders! :rolleyes:

btw did anyone realise that there are currently more scots managing Premier League teams than Englishmen? I don't even want to compare trophies won either. Maybe that would be a more worthwhile subject for Oliver Holt to investigate. :rolleyes:

F

Here's a question though. On the subject of proportions the real managerial mystery is how come Scotland a country with a pop about the same as the old county of Lancashire produces so many quality football managers? It's massively disproportionate to other nationalities. The number of black players far exceeds the number of scottish players so why does that reverse in management?

btw did anyone realise that there are currently more scots managing Premier League teams than Englishmen? I don't even want to compare trophies won either.

How come we got the lemon? :unsure:

You find Google a taj too confusing do you roverspogges?

How come we got the lemon? :unsure:

Alan Nixon says he isn't a lemon.

Mandy Rice Davies.... 'Well he would say that wouldn't he?'

Here's a question though. On the subject of proportions the real managerial mystery is how come Scotland a country with a pop about the same as the old county of Lancashire produces so many quality football managers? It's massively disproportionate to other nationalities.

Interesting Gord. I can give you the views of someone who played for Scotland. When I played Football, we were coached for a couple of seasons by Willie Cunningham - anyone remember him? He was in his early fifties then, supremely fit and was a brilliant fella.

His answer was dead simple, he said that Scotsmen were brought up on the hard side of life and were as straight as they come. They are hard, fair, honest and demand discipline [well they were in his day]. He reckons you would never, for instance, see a Scottish manager wearing the kind of jewelry that Ron Atkinson used to display. Willie didn't like that kind of thing in a manager. Hard, disciplined and honest, and without the glitz.

A dead simple message, but fits in entirely with how he was, how Shankley was and how McKay was.

Interesting Gord. I can give you the views of someone who played for Scotland. When I played Football, we were coached for a couple of seasons by Willie Cunningham - anyone remember him? He was in his early fifties then, supremely fit and was a brilliant fella.

His answer was dead simple, he said that Scotsmen were brought up on the hard side of life and were as straight as they come. They are hard, fair, honest and demand discipline [well they were in his day]. He reckons you would never, for instance, see a Scottish manager wearing the kind of jewelry that Ron Atkinson used to display. Willie didn't like that kind of thing in a manager. Hard, disciplined and honest, and without the glitz.

A dead simple message, but fits in entirely with how he was, how Shankley was and how McKay was.

'Through the keyhole' who is den?. Think we should have a new topic. :D

For me it makes no difference. Lots of managers of all sorts fail and it's a shame for them too. Who cares what colour of skin a manager has? Cream will always rise to the top. The Football business cannot afford sentimentallity to suit every minority. One might ask why there are no chinese given the amount of them on the planet or even why there are no women managers as there are more women on the surface of the world than any other human group. How about homosexual managers? Crikey if we could get top four regularly I'd accept Julian Clary in drag standing on the touchline with Clare Balding assistant manager in Doc Martins and a boiler suit!

Here's a question though. On the subject of proportions the real managerial mystery is how come Scotland a country with a pop about the same as the old county of Lancashire produces so many quality football managers? It's massively disproportionate to other nationalities. For example the number of black players far exceeds the number of scottish players so why does that reverse in management? To generalise massively we all see Scotish stereotypes as tough, dour, driven individuals with red hair, white skin and big chips on their shoulders v black stereotypes with headphones, endless bling, laid back, overly relaxed and frequently lazy attitudes with equally big chips on their shoulders too. The measure of success obviously being that the sweaties are better balanced as individuals.... cos they have massive chips on both shoulders! :rolleyes:

btw did anyone realise that there are currently more scots managing Premier League teams than Englishmen? I don't even want to compare trophies won either. Maybe that would be a more worthwhile subject for Oliver Holt to investigate. :rolleyes:

I fint this very offensive. You MIGHT see these groups in these terms,I certainly don't.

There's something of the Ron Atkinson about you at times and it does you no favours at all.

Archived