BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Hit The Headlines

Front of telegraph reads -

Wilky on sex offenders register

Good press ?

I suppose it depends whose reading it.. if my enermys then maybe.. for me.. not so quite..

Wilky.... the philosophy of "Any media is good media" works for professional fighters, not professional football teams.

I'm talking about media publicity for the club... its not the players that are getting it but the name "Blackburn Rovers"

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I never expected the press to be on our side, before or after Venky's takeover.´

Before, we were always seen as the Premiership bullies.

Venky's haven't made the best choices specially in the contacts with the press.

As for RVN not being necessary, No one criticises Tottenham for wanting 35 year old Beckham, for example.

But if it is Rovers who want him, that would be bad move, according the press, of course.

What I am noticing is that the general public (media, fans of other clubs etc) are starting to realise what a mess we are currently in.

People are looking at the league table, and form guide, then realising that something has gone massively wrong.

Therefore we are starting to see these articles, in the press, on our situation and there will likely be more to follow.

What I am noticing is that the general public (media, fans of other clubs etc) are starting to realise what a mess we are currently in.

People are looking at the league table, and form guide, then realising that something has gone massively wrong.

Therefore we are starting to see these articles, in the press, on our situation and there will likely be more to follow.

Prior to this bad publicity hardly any Rovers support knew what was going on inside the club. All they knew was what was happening on the field. Lets be honest less than 1% of rovers supporters come onto this messageboard - for whatever reason. This is not the messageboards fault, just things as they are. But it is on here we read and hear about the club, until it hits the media.

I suppose it depends whose reading it.. if my enermys then maybe.. for me.. not so quite..

I'm talking about media publicity for the club... its not the players that are getting it but the name "Blackburn Rovers"

I can see the fans flocking in droves to the sound of "Rovers Run Like Backyard Chicken Coup" "Rovers Told to ###### off By 90th Retiring Player" "Dracula Denies Dodgy Rovers Offer"

Let's face it we're never going to be popular with these parasites. They certainly don't want to come to Blackburn or Wigan for the day when they could be busting their expense accounts somewhere a bit more sophisticated. The difference now is that the club has made such a mess of things that there is loads of ammunition to attack us with. A couple of quick wins will put things on an even keel with regards the press at least.

But West Brom never fill their ground, but are seen as a 'proper club'.

Birmingham are from the UK's second biggest city and get smaller crowds than us. We are one of English football's success stories, but we get bugger all credit for it- failure of PR at every level.

I suggest we could have the best, most talented PR outfit in the world and it would make no difference to the media's dislike for us. No wait, not dislike, more like contempt.

I expect a healthy tubbing this weekend and many contentious game changing things going against us between now and the end. Call me cynical, call me pessimistic, I just sort of feel it in me water. This whole Indian thing has bothered me since day one, well even since I saw the look of them in the stands. Yeah why not call me racist too.

I suggest we could have the best, most talented PR outfit in the world and it would make no difference to the media's dislike for us. No wait, not dislike, more like contempt.

I expect a healthy tubbing this weekend and many contentious game changing things going against us between now and the end. Call me cynical, call me pessimistic, I just sort of feel it in me water. This whole Indian thing has bothered me since day one, well even since I saw the look of them in the stands. Yeah why not call me racist too.

Me too. That bloody pony tail is an embarrassment to the club. It's something Peter Kay might have dreamed up as a p1ss take comedy sketch, like the Amarillo / ironside mini bus sketch or the Pakistani cricket shirt. Not funny in itself, but it is. I stayed in the concourse and had another consolatory beer until all grovelling introductions were over. :(

Me too. That bloody pony tail is an embarrassment to the club. It's something Peter Kay might have dreamed up as a p1ss take comedy sketch, like the Amarillo / ironside mini bus sketch or the Pakistani cricket shirt. Not funny in itself, but it is. I stayed in the concourse and had another consolatory beer until all grovelling introductions were over. :(

Oh come on now Gordon.Now you're just sounding like a miserable old git...that is totally irrelevant .

Just because pony-tail's embarrass you don't assume we all carry around a staid 1950's social etiquette...I dread to think what you'll make of the mullett when it crosses you path! :wacko:

Did he not play the race card? I'm sure he has infered Walker would not have approved of Ince too.

Ince tried the race card too. They sacked me 'cos I'm black. ######, he was sacked because he was a terrible manager. I still cringe at his first television interview sat with John Williams.

I'm sad to say that I would now welcome an inquiry into our Club's takover and the subsequent involvement of Jerome Anderson by the FA.

Sick to the back teeth of reading articles like THIS about my beloved club....we're being dragged through the mud here!

IF there's been any wrong doing lets get it in the open now before anymore damage is done.

:angry2:

I'm sad to say that I would now welcome an inquiry into our Club's takover and the subsequent involvement of Jerome Anderson by the FA.

Sick to the back teeth of reading articles like THIS about my beloved club....we're being dragged through the mud here!

IF there's been any wrong doing lets get it in the open now before anymore damage is done.

:angry2:

from what I've read he has been around the club for a while.

In fact a lot of journalists and pundits criticised Rovers for sacking Ince.

Typically they were all wrong. They gushed more on how fantastic it was that we had signed a black fella as manager than whether he would be any good as a manager. Silly bstards as usual couldn't see the wood from the trees. I was right when I said it was a disaster before we actually signed the clown! I bet not many of the backsliding gits have had the balls to publically admit they were wrong! Small wonder the world and their mum hate journos.

Typically they were all wrong. They gushed more on how fantastic it was that we had signed a black fella as manager than whether he would be any good as a manager. Silly bstards as usual couldn't see the wood from the trees. I was right when I said it was a disaster before we actually signed the clown! I bet not many of the backsliding gits have had the balls to publically admit they were wrong! Small wonder the world and their mum hate journos.

I never really got how they implied Rovers (the only club TO hire a black English manager) were racist for sacking him... :blink:

Archived