BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City 9th April 2011

You know we were losing when Nelsen went off right? I think the shift was designed to try and get us a goal back which kind of worked, probably more by luck than anything else mind you.

Yes fully understand this but sadly we all know we don't have the players for a four man midfield. It took about five minutes for Birmingham to become dominant and our goal, while extremely well taken, largely came about because the City players spent so much time laying on the ground. Without all that time wasting they may well have gone home with three points.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Givet wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

But the same man who claimed he was in the right frame of mind prior to the game, then claims he wasn't afterwards.

What changed and who's job is it to manage/stop these things occurring?

My link

In the space of 24 hours he goes from being ready to play a massive in the next few games, to being dumped from the matchday squad.

Here's a thought for the club, sit him down and tell him that if he helps keeps Rovers up, we'll foot the bill.

Yes fully understand this but sadly we all know we don't have the players for a four man midfield. It took about five minutes for Birmingham to become dominant and our goal, while extremely well taken, largely came about because the City players spent so much time laying on the ground. Without all that time wasting they may well have gone home with three points.

Trouble is we don't have the strikers to play with a 5 man midfield, not one of ours can play the lone role consistently and with success.

Who actually said that?

By that amateur psychology diagnosis, Adam at Blackpool and Elmander at Bolton shouldn't be playing.

The manager said that, its him who picks the team, and if he thought Givet wasn't in the right frame of mind to play, he won't play, move on.

The manager said that, its him who picks the team, and if he thought Givet wasn't in the right frame of mind to play, he won't play, move on.

Unfortunately the manager isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer judging by his comments after the game yesterday!

Unfortunately the manager isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer judging by his comments after the game yesterday!

That comment adds so much to this debate Kelbo, thanks for that input <_<

So why did we get all that crap from Cryer in the Telegraph on friday about Givet returning. Was it Cryer who told the wrong tale.

Venkys need to stand Kean down with immediate effect and bring in a quality management team to get us over the finishing line thats if they really have any ambition for the club.

I would hope that if that did happen, the honeymoon period would get us through the upcoming fixtures alone.

I think some of us are grasping at straws though now.

How loud were the BBE yesterday?

Didn't hear a lot, saw the odd handclapping when we got a corner, but seemed a bit quiet.

Darwen End was rocking for a lot of the game. Real good atmosphere in there. :brfc:

Blackpool have lost.. We might be awful but I still have faith we can crawl across the finish line. People calling for Kean to be sacked is just stupid, bringing in a new management team etc at this stage of the season would be catastrophic. I would love to see the back of Kean but doing it now just isn't an option.

Unfortunately, the manager's decision making skills are on the same level as his favourite Lady in Pune - non-existent.

Didn't hear a lot, saw the odd handclapping when we got a corner, but seemed a bit quiet.

Darwen End was rocking for a lot of the game. Real good atmosphere in there. :brfc:

First half I thought it was pretty good, went a bit flat in the second though...

Blackpool have lost.. We might be awful but I still have faith we can crawl across the finish line. People calling for Kean to be sacked is just stupid, bringing in a new management team etc at this stage of the season would be catastrophic. I would love to see the back of Kean but doing it now just isn't an option.

It already is catastrophic, how has that not hit home yet amongst some fans?

It could only be worse had the previous management team not left us in a decent position, and we didn't have players like Samba, Olsson and Hoilett. That's the only thing that will possibly see us retaining Premiership status, not the current manager and his team.

ive no voice left tbh and oh the darwen end sang loud alls i heard was "blackburns a S@@t hole we wanna go home " and 2S@@t on the villa !"

agreeing with me twice gum ,thats how the last rumour started!!!

I was worried when I typed it Abbey. Especially as my husband is away for the best part of a month, but then I thought, we can always say we're just good friends. there's so much rubbish spouted on here that nobody would know what to believe!

what idiot allowed his son to pull on mgps shirt twice and mider him for an autograph as he was taking two throw ins?

I was worried when I typed it Abbey. Especially as my husband is away for the best part of a month, but then I thought, we can always say we're just good friends. there's so much rubbish spouted on here that nobody would know what to believe!

hahahaaha my mrs is up in edinburgh til tommorow,fancy a curry lol

Agree with that - all we could hear from the Blackburn end was the Birmingham fans

We were trying our best but it wasn't easy to compete!! I have no voice! Slightly outnumbered. I reckon we gave them too many tickets :P

I could hear nothing from the rest of the ground. Not saying there was nothing, but it was hard to hear anything other than Brummies and us from where I was sitting!

Archived