BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City 9th April 2011

You forgot:

why didn't Benjani being pulled down in the box constitute a penalty?

That to me was the most peculiar decision of the afternoon. Right in front of us, and ok Benjani didn't try to stay n his feet but both arms were round him and he was almost wrestled over.Why that isn't a pen but ryan Nelsen catching a guy after he's had a shot and fluffed it is, I really don't understand.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That to me was the most peculiar decision of the afternoon. Right in front of us, and ok Benjani didn't try to stay n his feet but both arms were round him and he was almost wrestled over.Why that isn't a pen but ryan Nelsen catching a guy after he's had a shot and fluffed it is, I really don't understand.

The Fulham penalty was more relevent to compare yesterdays when Hanley was alleged to have held back the Fulham player in the last minute.

The Fulham penalty was more relevent to compare yesterdays when Hanley was alleged to have held back the Fulham player in the last minute.

I thought of that one too gordon but the Nelsen one was given against us at Ewood and the Benjani one wasn't given for us. The Hanley one was away and you're supposedly more likely to get them given against you for the home team. Doesn't seem to work like that for Rovers. Interetingly MOTD didn't show or mention it.

Our malaise coincided with EHD being 'potted' by Kean. Apparently a popular squad member and popular with many of the supporters too. Kean imo under instruction by Anderson threw him to the wolves. We haven't won a Prem match since and have gained 4 points out of a possible 24.

However - don't let the FACTS get in the way of your argument.

For what it's worth I'd have put Hoilett on the left from the start yesterday to try and exploit Carr's lack of pace.

:tu::lol:

. . .

Overall, a draw continues our lingering death, and that idiot Kean seems happy with how we played. Either he's a bigger liar or more deluded than I thought, . . ..

In my opinion, there comes a point were being relentlessly "positive" boils down to one of the two.

Our malaise coincided with EHD being 'potted' by Kean. Apparently a popular squad member and popular with many of the supporters too. Kean imo under instruction by Anderson threw him to the wolves. We haven't won a Prem match since and have gained 4 points out of a possible 24.

However - don't let the FACTS get in the way of your argument.

For what it's worth I'd have put Hoilett on the left from the start yesterday to try and exploit Carr's lack of pace.

EHD had been our star player early season - but had already suffered a drop in form even prior to Sam moving on. His form under Kean (for whatever reason) was never the best. I think you are stretching to say he was popular for all supporters - a large number (including on this forum) had little time for him.

BTW - that is my opinion - not a fact - like your apparent assertion that keeping EHD would have seen us win more matches and was really popular with all fans and players (I must say you are better connected than me).

Personally I would have Hoilett as the second striker - rather than on the wing. His ability to drift either way - and his passing would make him ideal just behind Santa Cruz. Indeed - looking at the way he slips in passes - he would be good in combination with Kalanic.

However - football is all about opinions. Though my glass ain't exactly half full - and I concede we have possibly the most difficult run in (possibly West Ham have similar difficulty) - but given how this season has gone for all teams I am amazed how many are writing off our chances already.

Which he also did when he managed at Fulham. Strange way of doing things though.

But possibly better than a manager who takes advice from no-one ? The difficult thing is to ensure that the players understand they are only offering advice and that ultimately there is only one manager. Major problems ahead if Kean can't keep the balance right.

• Backroom

How loud were the BBE yesterday?

Didn't hear a lot, saw the odd handclapping when we got a corner, but seemed a bit quiet.

Darwen End was rocking for a lot of the game. Real good atmosphere in there. :brfc:

Funny how it works with the acoustics as mentioned by others I didn't hear a jot from the rovers fans in the Darwen end but thought the BBE was a good atmosphere yesterday.

However - football is all about opinions. Though my glass ain't exactly half full - and I concede we have possibly the most difficult run in (possibly West Ham have similar difficulty) - but given how this season has gone for all teams I am amazed how many are writing off our chances already.

I think it might be something to do with the FACTS. You know, not having won a game since January, Kean averaging less than a point a game, 3 points out of the last 24---that sort of thing......

Just back in London.

Not read the thread so am probably repeating a lot of what has been written here already but here are a few impressions from a lovely day out in Blackburn. Good to meet up with four MB members.

- Game dire. Sam would have provided far more entertainment than that.

- Foy was worse than dire.

- All those injuries- real or not? Loved Foy falling for Dunny comically feigning injury in the 4th minute of second half injury time when the Brum player was down and Dunn's horror that Foy was taking it seriously!

- during all those injuries, Eck was working his socks off for Brum whilst Rovers staff and players just wandered around aimlessly.

- all points count and we avoided defeat.

- the West Ham and Wolves drubbings were the most significant results of the weekend.

- during all those injuries, Eck was working his socks off for Brum whilst Rovers staff and players just wandered around aimlessly.

I commented to my lad and lads around us about that.ALL the brum lads were having a team talk nr the tunnel and kean and co were absolutly NOWHERE to be seen. :angry2::angry2:

My take on the game is that Kean had Rovers set up wrongly from the off.

Playing Rocky alone as a 1 man strike force was wrong, he should have set us up 4-4-2 from the off as when Roberts cam eon, and although he was crap, we caused far too many problems for brum, and, if we had gone with that from the off we would have won the game.

A few pointers/observations:

MGP was crap all through the first 50 minutes.

Roberts should not have played.

Why did we not exploit the gaps down brums left flank enough ?

Where was Keith bloody Andrews ?

Why does JJ have to give so many silly free kicks central to our goal area ?

Why was the ref not put down ?

The brum goal was most definately offside.

#

Putting RSC in the squad was bad enough. Now it is about to get worse - according to sky text, kean wants to sign him on a permanant contract at the end of the season. Now if RSC had played out of his skin, scored or set up some goals, then fair enough. But to sign a player who just stolls around the pitch doing nowt, beggers belief.

Putting RSC in the squad was bad enough. Now it is about to get worse - according to sky text, kean wants to sign him on a permanant contract at the end of the season. Now if RSC had played out of his skin, scored or set up some goals, then fair enough. But to sign a player who just stolls around the pitch doing nowt, beggers belief.

I really have got little interest in what Kean says anymore - he is so overly positvie/fake IMO it is OTT, would not be surprised if the players see through his bu*l*h*t as well. I can see why Venky's warm to him.

We can only hope that Kean is trying to dangle a carrot to encourage Rocky to actually put a bit of effort in. Saturday was by far his best match - for missed chances and missed passes. Previously at least his link up play was ok.

On the evidence so far Rocky wouldn't be a good bet even on a free transfer.

On the flip side - if Kean was asked a direct question about Rocky - it would hardly help to say how ***p he played on Saturday.

Was anybody else disappointed by the Lancashire Telegraphs coverage of this game.

The pictures that they printed of the game made the club and its fans out to be portrayed in a negative light.

The picture after Hoilett scored being congratulated by his fellow team mates with the empty seats in the background, after this game had one of the highest home attendances of the season not only for Blackburn but for that of any other team outside of Manchester or Merseyside was extremely unfair, especially when you see a picture on the clubs website of Hoilett celebrating in front of a stand full of happy smiley faces.

Overall another damming example from our local rag and its rag head journalists.

Was anybody else disappointed by the Lancashire Telegraphs coverage of this game.

The pictures that they printed of the game made the club and its fans out to be portrayed in a negative light.

The picture after Hoilett scored being congratulated by his fellow team mates with the empty seats in the background, after this game had one of the highest home attendances of the season not only for Blackburn but for that of any other team outside of Manchester or Merseyside was extremely unfair, especially when you see a picture on the clubs website of Hoilett celebrating in front of a stand full of happy smiley faces.

Save it! That picture might become unique. If we go down he'll be consigned to BRFC history as will full stands. If things pan out as some fear it might be that Ewood ends up operating on just the lower level.

Archived