BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011-2012 Kits (All Clubs)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yellow please, historically relevant to brfc and reminds me of some very happy times. Loved the mcewans one and the ici Perspex one before that.

Derby away in the play offs anyone?

"Yellows' yellows"

Preferably halved with black.

No Premier League club I can think of has the same colour away kit every season.

I don't care.

They wouldnt have the same colour away kit every season as it'd impact on sales.

That's bull$h!t; see the major sports leagues in America.

"Yellows' yellows"

Preferably halved with black.

This would be cool.

Purple trim? Seriously Mr. Moss?

How about purple and puce halves, that would just be so devine.

What can I say? I'm a fan of the Phoenix Suns.

And to be clear, I believe that pink is a perfectly good color for men to wear. Which I do on an irregular basis.

I've long advocated the Rovers wear pink and white halved away jerseys. Not only would it look good, in my opinion, but it would be a fair indication of our away form. :P

That's bull$h!t; see the major sports leagues in America.

To be honest my knowledge of the major sports leagues in America isn't that great so I can't comment too much, however I do know that you can only really make limited comparisons between the two.

People on this board have asked this question at fans forums and have got that reply, and that's from people who have knowledge of the industry.

Exactly Ricky. Good call. If they have Nike why can't we?

Instead we have to put it with Umbro. We should have Red and Black halves every season for the away shirt as well. In all fairness, it has been explained at every fans forum since 1984. They just wouldn't sell, a bit like the home shirt, which has been Blue and White halves since 1875.

I blame Saxton, Wilcox, Dean Saunders (the Overlord Of All Evil) and Andrews. Someone should write an angry letter to the Chairman about this.

That'll have to wait till we get one, won't it? ;)

This would be cool.

And to be clear, I believe that pink is a perfectly good color for men to wear. Which I do on an irregular basis.

I've long advocated the Rovers wear pink and white halved away jerseys. Not only would it look good, in my opinion, but it would be a fair indication of our away form. :P

Maybe having the players look like strawberry mousses might be "just desserts" (see what I did there?) but having a white halved away kit of any colour pairing would be a problem for away games with Fulham, Bolton and Tottenham (or even Derby, Leeds or - gulp - Preston!).

Maybe having the players look like strawberry mousses might be "just desserts" (see what I did there?) but having a white halved away kit of any colour pairing would be a problem for away games with Fulham, Bolton and Tottenham (or even Derby, Leeds or - gulp - Preston!).

You're right. So pink and light blue halves?

Yellow & Black I can just about handle.

But PINK & WHITE!? Someone pass me a paper bag.

I think the away kit should always be some variation of the red & black theme, whether it be halves, stripes, whatever. We have a unique home kit, so why not the best of both worlds?

Nope. It was on sale with the Bet 24 logo but not once Crown took over as sponsor. It was the season of the Navy away shirt (and the red/black became an unavailable third) the season after the navy became the third and the white became the away. (We also traded Roque for Robbie!) :wacko:

Robbie-Fowler-Blackburn-Rovers-Bolton-Wandere_1355404.jpg

This would be cool.

As long as the pink is not the colour of the Everton away shirt. It's the colour of some disgusting medicine I was forced to take every Friday night as a child and there were tablet blocks of laxative the same colour as well. Urgh :blink:

claret and blue halves

Even I have standards and this conflicts with them.

As long as the pink is not the colour of the Everton away shirt. It's the colour of some disgusting medicine I was forced to take every Friday night as a child and there were tablet blocks of laxative the same colour as well. Urgh :blink:

Agreed. I an effort to interest my daughter in watching soccer (sorry- football) I showed her a picture of the Everton pink shirt. She thought it was ugly, and this from an 8 year old girl who loves pink, purple, turquoise and assorted similar colors.

My son (age 6), on the other hand, parades around proudly in his [orange] Houston Dynamo shirt on game day.

So for very selfish reasons, marketing the Rovers to my kids, I would prefer an orange or [decent] pink away shirt, though purple or turquoise would do in a pinch. While I've managed to get Rover flags hung up in their rooms, I need to accelerate the pace of the brain washing. ;)

Archived