BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011-2012 Kits (All Clubs)

I personally am a massive fan of our home kit this season. It is only spoilt by the Crown logo, which Umbro can do nothing about. If Venky's want to win us over, get a halved away kit for next season please, and keep the traditional style that Umbro have adopted of late.

I find Nike kit's basic and ill fitting, and Adidas have too much going on in general.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I like the fact we have our shirts made by a firm down the road, long may it continue.

Is this sarcasm? (it doesn't always come accross online)

Aren't our shirts made in China or similar?

we are working on bringing the senior team around for cosmos just gotta be paitient, that said its an umbro design so they wount ever wear it... also thought it was interesting that the manchester nike store had more cosmos gear than city or united.

October 1, 2010 (Manchester, England) – Umbro has today announced that it will be the leading kit supplier for the newly reformed New York Cosmos soccer club, made famous in the 1970s as much for their star-studded fans off the pitch as the players on the pitch.

About Umbro, Ltd.:

Umbro, Ltd., a subsidiary of NIKE, Inc., is a leading United Kingdom based football brand that has been a pioneer of sports tailoring for 86 years. Today, the company combines its heritage in sports tailoring with modern football insight to create groundbreaking and iconic football apparel, footwear and equipment that blend performance and style.

Taken from

UMBRO SIGNS WORLDWIDE KIT DEAL WITH THE NEW YORK COSMOS

October 1, 2010 (Manchester, England) – Umbro has today announced that it will be the leading kit supplier for the newly reformed New York Cosmos soccer club, made famous in the 1970s as much for their star-studded fans off the pitch as the players on the pitch.

About Umbro, Ltd.:

Umbro, Ltd., a subsidiary of NIKE, Inc., is a leading United Kingdom based football brand that has been a pioneer of sports tailoring for 86 years. Today, the company combines its heritage in sports tailoring with modern football insight to create groundbreaking and iconic football apparel, footwear and equipment that blend performance and style.

Taken from

UMBRO SIGNS WORLDWIDE KIT DEAL WITH THE NEW YORK COSMOS

Yeah I am aware of that... sorry I wasn't being clear enough. The entire MLS league has a contract with Adidas until 2016 meaning that every team who plays in the MLS wears Adidas. Since the Cosmos are trying to get into the MLS as that is the top league in the USA, the senior Cosmos team will never these Umbro shirts. that said they look better than anything any current MLS team wears. If you'd like to follow the supporters side of the return of the cosmos we have a blog here This Is Cosmos Country

Why can't we have Nike... Accy had nike y'know ;)

Exactly Ricky. Good call. If they have Nike why can't we?

Instead we have to put it with Umbro. We should have Red and Black halves every season for the away shirt as well. In all fairness, it has been explained at every fans forum since 1984. They just wouldn't sell, a bit like the home shirt, which has been Blue and White halves since 1875.

I blame Saxton, Wilcox, Dean Saunders (the Overlord Of All Evil) and Andrews. Someone should write an angry letter to the Chairman about this.

anyone know why do we have to have the same style Umbro shirt as most other Umbro wearing clubs but Man City have different ones?

and yes rebelimswar Elton wouldn't look out of place in one of those bad boy Bury tops haha

I would buy two.

Me too. When we had a vote a few seasons back I voted for the orange one - knew it would never win though :/

Locking both our home and away shirts is commercial suicide imo, we can play around a little with the away shirt me thinks.

Me too. When we had a vote a few seasons back I voted for the orange one - knew it would never win though :/

Locking both our home and away shirts is commercial suicide imo, we can play around a little with the away shirt me thinks.

It should always be halves though. Green/yellow or yellow/black would be lovely too.

• Backroom

I imagine a return to yellow is on the cards for us.

I remember when this kit came out everybody around me loved it

clip_image001.jpg

For other clubs these were two of my favourites

newcastle-95-away-boys-use_1.jpg

image_39361_1_1.jpg

Currently I like some of the African kits, I have the Ivory Coast one and the special South Africa confederations cup shirt.

Archived