BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United (away - 7th May)

Enough nonsense about Hoillet, he was happy and hoping to sign a couple of months ago - can't imagine too much has changed since then:

Hoillett hopes for Rovers stay

Manager wants him to sign, player wants to sign. Back to the West Ham game.

EDIT: Sorry TGM, just seen your reply. You're obviously as fed up as me.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough nonsense about Hoillet, he was happy and hoping to sign a couple of months ago - can't imagine too much has changed since then:

Hoillett hopes for Rovers stay

Manager wants him to sign, player wants to sign. Back to the West Ham game.

EDIT: Sorry TGM, just seen your reply. You're obviously as fed up as me.

You're right, player wants to sign.

But manager is refusing to offer him a contract until the summer, which could prove costly.

Mercerman, I couldn't give a monkeys if Upson and Parker do play, if they don't and we win people like you use it as an excuse to belittle the result anyway.

Finally bagging a win could be considered a turning point, in fact I'm sure you will suggest that WHU have turned a corner if they beat us at the weekend, but of course as it's rovers who won none of us should get excited and hope we might get another against the mighty hammers.

I wonder what drivel you will come out with if we win at the weekend.......

I would imagine negotiations with Hoilett, his agent, AND his dad, were tricky, which is why Sam could only get a short-term contract for him. This could possibly explain why his long-term future is still up in the air. There's no logical reason why Kean wouldn't want to sign up our hottest property - especially one he's helped to develop.

You're right, player wants to sign.

But manager is refusing to offer him a contract until the summer, which could prove costly.

In all fairness to Kean, I don't think any of our previous managers would be handing out contracts at this stage until knowing which division we'll be in next season.

As for the game, we could sneak it. We could lose. A draw would be good. Your guess is as good as mine. Go on then, we'll win one nowt again.

I would imagine negotiations with Hoilett, his agent, AND his dad, were tricky, which is why Sam could only get a short-term contract for him. This could possibly explain why his long-term future is still up in the air. There's no logical reason why Kean wouldn't want to sign up our hottest property - especially one he's helped to develop.

What Kean has said on multiple occasions has directly contradicted this though.

Hoilett wants to stay. I know players say they want to stay and then go, but Hoilett's LET article from February certainly paints a picture of someone who genuinely wants to stay at Blackburn Rovers. Usually negotiations with players who want to stay aren't that tricky.

Sam only signed Hoilett on a shorter contract because he wasn't a regular starter. Jones and Olsson both got signed up on five year deals once they were regularly starting games (although in the case of Jones he became a first teamer very quickly). Olsson only got offered a five year deal last summer and he'd been knocking around since late 2007.

Kean has chosen not to offer Hoilett a new contract until the summer. Things at Rovers these days rarely follow logic.

Not necessarily. Perhaps Kean knows from previous experience that dealing with Hoilett's representatives is a sticky affair, and therefore would distract the player during an important stage of the season?

Great preview by BRB!

"All" we need to do is avoid a defeat.

After all the rubbish results against this lot, we deserve to conceed 90% possession and beat them 3-2 with the winner coming in the 97th minute being given for the ball crossing the 6 yard line.

You're not wrong there!

Not necessarily. Perhaps Kean knows from previous experience that dealing with Hoilett's representatives is a sticky affair, and therefore would distract the player during an important stage of the season?

That assumes so many things though. It makes a massive assumption that Hoilett's representatives are tricky to deal with (why would they be in a player who wants to stay?), it assumes Kean has first hand experience from the last negotiations (unlikely since he wasnt manager or assistant then), and it also assumes he'd be right to think that it'd affect Hoilett's form (why would it? Last time he signed a new contract though he'd shown promise he wasnt playing all that well before the negotiations either).

You can keep making assumptions like that if you like, but based on the confirmed facts, Kean is the reason we're not offering him a new contract and that could come back to bite us severely this summer. If we got relegated it'd be particularly costly, but if a big club come calling then unsurprisingly his head will be turned, and we'd be selling him off for a cut price fee due to being out of contract next year.

I am coming over for this match, from Norway. All by myself. Didn't find anything on the roversshop-site about tickets for the match...

Can anyone tell me how to get tickets for the match? With the Roverssupporters, obiously!

Thanks.

That assumes so many things though. It makes a massive assumption that Hoilett's representatives are tricky to deal with (why would they be in a player who wants to stay?), it assumes Kean has first hand experience from the last negotiations (unlikely since he wasnt manager or assistant then), and it also assumes he'd be right to think that it'd affect Hoilett's form (why would it? Last time he signed a new contract though he'd shown promise he wasnt playing all that well before the negotiations either).

You can keep making assumptions like that if you like, but based on the confirmed facts, Kean is the reason we're not offering him a new contract and that could come back to bite us severely this summer. If we got relegated it'd be particularly costly, but if a big club come calling then unsurprisingly his head will be turned, and we'd be selling him off for a cut price fee due to being out of contract next year.

Being tricky to deal with comes from past experience with his family. It was hard enough getting him to sign the last contract. How do you know he hadn't decided to leave last season?

You don't.

Jesus Christ.

Hoilett wants to stay. I know players say they want to stay and then go, but Hoilett's LET article from February certainly paints a picture of someone who genuinely wants to stay at Blackburn Rovers. Usually negotiations with players who want to stay aren't that tricky.

Sam only signed Hoilett on a shorter contract because he wasn't a regular starter. Jones and Olsson both got signed up on five year deals once they were regularly starting games (although in the case of Jones he became a first teamer very quickly). Olsson only got offered a five year deal last summer and he'd been knocking around since late 2007.

Kean has chosen not to offer Hoilett a new contract until the summer. Things at Rovers these days rarely follow logic.

It is my understanding he signed a shorter contract due to the difficulties in getting a permit to play in EPL at the time.

I hope he does sign a new deal in the summer, because being a non-EU citizen, I dont think we wouldnt get anything if he was to not sign and leave in 12 months time - bringing his value down a lot.

That assumes so many things though. It makes a massive assumption that Hoilett's representatives are tricky to deal with (why would they be in a player who wants to stay?)

Because agents want their slice of the pie?

Because his father might have lofty aspirations for his son and demand some kind of release clause?

it assumes Kean has first hand experience from the last negotiations (unlikely since he wasnt manager or assistant then)

How's it unlikely? Kean was an integral part of Sam's backroom staff. You seriously don't think he would know? I'm not saying he'd know all the ins and outs, but it's no stretch to say he'd be savvy if Hoilett's last deal was hard work.

You can keep making assumptions like that if you like, but based on the confirmed facts, Kean is the reason we're not offering him a new contract and that could come back to bite us severely this summer.

So it's okay to take Kean at face value when it suits?

Being tricky to deal with comes from past experience with his family. It was hard enough getting him to sign the last contract. How do you know he hadn't decided to leave last season?

You don't.

Jesus Christ.

Last time was a totally different situation. He was younger so his family wouldve been more involved, he wasn't getting regular first team football, there'd been work permit issues and wasn't even sure he wanted to stay at Blackburn Rovers.

Now he's an established first teamer, I'm sure is a lot more independent since he's made his name and has actually come out and said he wants to stay at Rovers, and not in a Roque circa 2008 kind of way way, but in a way where he's given multiple reasons why he really wants to stay at Rovers.

You can't even see the difference.

Jesus Christ.

I am coming over for this match, from Norway. All by myself. Didn't find anything on the roversshop-site about tickets for the match...

Can anyone tell me how to get tickets for the match? With the Roverssupporters, obiously!

Thanks.

Think you're gonna struggle now mate. You won't be able to pick your ticket up from the ground and I doubt it'll reach you by post in time. They don't seem to be on onerovers for some reason, best off just ringing the ticket office and seeing if they can help you out.

Last time was a totally different situation. He was younger so his family wouldve been more involved, he wasn't getting regular first team football, there'd been work permit issues and wasn't even sure he wanted to stay at Blackburn Rovers.

Now he's an established first teamer, I'm sure is a lot more independent since he's made his name and has actually come out and said he wants to stay at Rovers, and not in a Roque circa 2008 kind of way way, but in a way where he's given multiple reasons why he really wants to stay at Rovers.

You can't even see the difference.

Jesus Christ.

Well, it looks like you're the one assuming things now.

He's still only 20 years old, and his father has been representing him throughout his career. It's actually more likely that he'll still have some say in his son's long-term future - especially when Hoilett's in a better position to negotiate than he was before.

Well, it looks like you're the one assuming things now.

He's still only 20 years old, and his father has been representing him throughout his career. It's actually more likely that he'll still have some say in his son's long-term future - especially when Hoilett's in a better position to negotiate than he was before.

Either way, he's come out and openly said in a convincing way he wants to stay at Rovers.

Back then the problem was - family or no family - whether he wanted to stay at Rovers or not. Yes the family had a role in that decision but that issue isn't there this time round. He certainly never came out with any public statements last time round.

The least Kean could do would be to open negotiations, see how they go and then if they're too difficult for whatever reason, put them on hold.

But from everything Kean has said, contract talks havent even started. If a big club comes knocking in the summer, Hoilett's head will rightly be turned. We've gone from a position of saying "Hoilett is staying unless you offer us something huge" to basically having to let him go if a big club offers a few million, or let him go next summer for nothing.

Mercerman, I couldn't give a monkeys if Upson and Parker do play, if they don't and we win people like you use it as an excuse to belittle the result anyway.

Finally bagging a win could be considered a turning point, in fact I'm sure you will suggest that WHU have turned a corner if they beat us at the weekend, but of course as it's rovers who won none of us should get excited and hope we might get another against the mighty hammers.

I would be delighted if we win and I tend to leave the drivel to those who don't have much to say other than constantly knocking other posters.

His next exclusive will probably be Jones to Real Madrid because Kean doesn't rate him.

The Hoilett to Bayern is simply a figment of his imagination, can't believe anyone is giving him the time of day to be honest.

I would be delighted if we win and I tend to leave the drivel to those who don't have much to say other than constantly knocking other posters.

So you're the only person who claims Hoilett is off to Bayern, is that insider knowledge then?

His next exclusive will probably be Jones to Real Madrid because Kean doesn't rate him.

The Hoilett to Bayern is simply a figment of his imagination, can't believe anyone is giving him the time of day to be honest.

So you're the only person who claims Hoilett is off to Bayern, is that insider knowledge then?

You seem to read a lot of my posts to say that you have me on ignore !!!

If you are going to criticise my content then please have the decency to at least read my posts properly. I have NEVER said that he was going to Bayern and NEVER claimed to have an exclusive. A move to Bayern was suggested by another poster and I suggested that his destination was likely to be far closer to Ewood.

I recognise and respect the right of all members on this board to express their opinions. I don't necessarily agree with them, however, unless really pushed in retaliation, I refrain from the personal stuff which would be nice if you could also do.

If you are going to criticise my content then please have the decency to at least read my posts properly. I have NEVER said that he was going to Bayern and NEVER claimed to have an exclusive. A move to Bayern was suggested by another poster and I suggested that his destination was likely to be far closer to Ewood.

I recognise and respect the right of all members on this board to express their opinions. I don't necessarily agree with them, however, unless really pushed in retaliation, I refrain from the personal stuff which would be nice if you could also do.

I took you off ignore because I'm happy to give people a second chance, even if they do claim burnley have more passionate fans on post number 1......

If you feel I've resorted to personal insults?? I'm happy to apologies for those.

So who mentioned Hoilett to Bayern? And your insider knowledge says closer to ewood, you are claiming insider knowledge aren't you? Just so we’re clear.

I dont like the personal stuff either and try to avoid it where possible.

That said, you are an absolute plum.

I dont like the personal stuff either and try to avoid it where possible.

That said, you are an absolute plum.

I didn't insult him DGS, but I've aplogised if I did.

Archived