BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United (away - 7th May)

IMO, Kean dithered. He should have been nailed down in January before he hit his purple patch. Instead, IMO, time was spent 'buying influential' players like Salgado, Nelsen & Roberts, in order to 'prop' Kean up - none of whom were going anywhere! Kean's "we want to keep him focused", is, IMO, total bullsh1t. Now we have a situation with only 1 year to go on his contract, the fee we could get for him will be substantially reduced. IMO, Hoilett will not want to risk tearing that hamstring with a glittering move around the corner - understandably so.

If Hoilett doesn't want to stay now then I doubt Kean offering him a new contract in January would have changed anything. I can see Hoilett staying for one more year.

I dont believe that Hoilett is intentionally protecting himself in order to get a move, I think that is reading far too much into the situation unless you have information to bolster your claim.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the last couple of posts nobody knows exactly what has and has not happened with regards to Hoilett and his contract. All we can see really is that the lad has played far more under Kean than Allardyce so surely that would give him more of a desire to stay. As I've side I'm not privy to any insider knowledge but what I will say is we don't know any negotiations and for me the only real evidence we have to Hoilett missing from the squad is that he got well and truly boomed intentionally by Craig Gardner ... Suppose Kean planned that too!

Just joking really because it seems every game has been called that lately! However we're not relaxing because we won 1 game are we? This one would see us safe if we won, West Ham down if they lost and almost certainly send them down if we draw.

On the other hand if they won, we'd be in the poo again and they would have new heart. So it is very important indeed!

Ah right, yeah very true it is still massively important. Suppose it could be argued that Wolves away is an easier game on paper but if we haven't picked up any more points by then the pressure will be immense and something daft could happen in that game (such as another poor refereeing decision against us) that puts it out of our hands. Be so nice for the fans to get the job done on Saturday as well and enjoy the last 2 games.

Okay. Hold on a moment. *calls* "Jermaine - over here a minute, lad. Here's what you have to do..." ;)

Nah, send Emerton or Gamst to do that. We need Jones to stay on the field.

As for Hoilett, he's not good enough for Bayern yet. Needs at least another season at Ewood in my opinion. Obviously his agent will probably be telling him something different.

Agree with the last couple of posts nobody knows exactly what has and has not happened with regards to Hoilett and his contract. All we can see really is that the lad has played far more under Kean than Allardyce so surely that would give him more of a desire to stay. As I've side I'm not privy to any insider knowledge but what I will say is we don't know any negotiations and for me the only real evidence we have to Hoilett missing from the squad is that he got well and truly boomed intentionally by Craig Gardner ... Suppose Kean planned that too!

Speaking to a mate up at the academy at weekend. Seemed optimistic about Hoilett staying, said he liked it at the club and happy enough to sign a new deal.

caveat: Doesn't mean he will though! :wacko:

IMO, Kean dithered. He should have been nailed down in January before he hit his purple patch. Instead, IMO, time was spent 'buying influential' players like Salgado, Nelsen & Roberts, in order to 'prop' Kean up - none of whom were going anywhere! Kean's "we want to keep him focused", is, IMO, total bullsh1t. Now we have a situation with only 1 year to go on his contract, the fee we could get for him will be substantially reduced. IMO, Hoilett will not want to risk tearing that hamstring with a glittering move around the corner - understandably so.

Its all your opinion though isnt it, not a single shred of fact, and as usual goes with your continued criticism of anything Rovers.

Even on a weekend where we won and all of our relegation rivals failed to bag more than a point you come out and declare we are nailed on for relegation, IMO you dont have a clue........

Speaking to a mate up at the academy at weekend. Seemed optimistic about Hoilett staying, said he liked it at the club and happy enough to sign a new deal.

caveat: Doesn't mean he will though! :wacko:

even if he signs a contract nothing is ever certain... but im hopeful that he will sign... i think he should too.. out of loyalty, considering all the effort the club has put in over the years (work permits etc..)

Its all your opinion though isnt it, not a single shred of fact, and as usual goes with your continued criticism of anything Rovers.

Even on a weekend where we won and all of our relegation rivals failed to bag more than a point you come out and declare we are nailed on for relegation, IMO you dont have a clue........

Amen :tu:

Hopefully Parker doesn't recover and Gabbidon plays left back, I've played against him a few times on a coaching programme he was doing I ripped him to shreds, he's a poor defender, I can see us winning this 2-1 due to the fact it's the worst West Ham side in years.

The Soccernet story is credited to Harry Harris, a close friend of David Sullivan's - leading to speculation from some quarters that the mystery injury is merely a smokescreen ahead of a hugly pivotal match.

The Soccernet story is credited to Harry Harris, a close friend of David Sullivan's - leading to speculation from some quarters that the mystery injury is merely a smokescreen ahead of a hugly pivotal match.

ah scullduggary afoot.

im reminded of simon jordan's quotes gold and sullivan... whilst at birmingham.

[On Birmingham's David Sullivan and David Gold] I think they are disingenuous. The ethics with which they do business, I don't appreciate. I have had enough dealings with them to be able to have that view. Am I surprised? They sell dildos for a living. That gives you a judgement on what they may or may not be :lol:

http://www.virginmedia.com/sport/football/galleries/jordan-quotes.php?ssid=6

I think you might have a point re: the signing of Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts. I wouldn't have handed any of them extended contracts myself and it seemed to me that it was primarily an exercise in making it look as though the players were behind the new manager. The main one we needed to sign, Robinson, didn't sign although he was meant to be signing "a contract for life" He has however since come out in the Press and committed himself to us if we stay up which is still quite good news.

I disagree completely with what you say about Hoillet. If he is fit there is little to be lost from his point of view from playing the remaining matches this season, regardless of whether he has his eye on or has agreed a move elsewhere. If however he is suffering from a hamstring niggle he risks doing irreparable damage by coming back too early.

Further I don't know if there is any problem with him signing a new contract or not at Rovers, but if there is, any blame surely lies at the feet of Sam Allardyce. He should have been given a proper contract when he signed his last one only relatively recently instead of what I suspect was a watered down effort on the basis that he didn't really fit into Sam's style of play and wasn't a regular starter in the first team.

Its all your opinion though isnt it, not a single shred of fact, and as usual goes with your continued criticism of anything Rovers. If that's what you think then fine, however, suggest that, firstly, you look at the LT link I provided yesterday which talks about Rovers' frustrations about Hoilett. Secondly, my opinion is formed from speculation that I have heard. Take it or leave it, doesn't bother me.

Even on a weekend where we won and all of our relegation rivals failed to bag more than a point you come out and declare we are nailed on for relegation, IMO you dont have a clue........We win our first league game in 10 or 11 and lots of people get carried away. There's a long way to go and too many supporters think that there is at least a point in the bag at WHAM - I hope our management and players don't suffer from such complacency. An old colleague of mine works for WHAM and interestingly enough, perception down there mirrors that of Rovers' supporters before the Bolton match. By the way, I'd put money on both Upson and Parker starting against Rovers.

6 months ago hardly anybody rated Hoilett and now he's off to Bayern Munich? Baffling to say the least.

He's looked great and clearly has huge potential, but if the guy doesn't play he's not doing himself any favours whatsoever. He, and his agent will know this too.

6 months ago hardly anybody rated Hoilett and now he's off to Bayern Munich? Baffling to say the least.

He's looked great and clearly has huge potential, but if the guy doesn't play he's not doing himself any favours whatsoever. He, and his agent will know this too.

Let's not start judging Hoillet on the basis of what Mercerman feels in his water.

In his latest attempt to discredit Kean/Venky's Mercerman is effectively saying that Hoillet is fit, in fact has been fit for some time but is refusing to play citing a phantom injury. This would of course put him in breach of contract.

And like you say, if he was hoping for a move he wouldn't be doing himself any favours whatsoever by going on strike and sitting out the remainder of the season. That sort of thing doesn't go unnoticed.

In his latest attempt to discredit Kean/Venky's Mercerman is effectively saying that Hoillet is fit, in fact has been fit for some time but is refusing to play citing a phantom injury. Those are your words and not mine. Firstly, why was Hoilett's contract not nailed down in Jan. ? Secondly, he was expected to be fit for the Everton match, then City (and Kean said he was very close in pre / post match interview) and then Bolton. Now, as per LT, he's a doubt for Saturday and "Rovers are understood to be growing increasingly frustrated with the situation" according to Chris Flanagan. Something doesn't seem right to me given how competent and highly rated our medics are supposed to be.

Great preview by BRB!

"All" we need to do is avoid a defeat.

After all the rubbish results against this lot, we deserve to conceed 90% possession and beat them 3-2 with the winner coming in the 97th minute being given for the ball crossing the 6 yard line.

All of this seems to be in the wrong thread but may as well join in. I really can't see Hoilett going anywhere in the summer. Top strikers have been prised away/unsettled after 1 great season (Bellamy, Santa Cruz) but with midfielders it usually takes a little longer. Duff had 2 in the PL before Chelsea came calling, we hung onto Bentley for 3, and at the moment Hoilett is nowhere near as good as those 2 were when they left. Persuading him to stay and develop with us for at least another season on the basis of a guaranteed starting place, a bumper contract and (if Kean goes) a possible top half finish shouldn't be too difficult. Pretty damning reflection on Venkys much vaunted ambition if they don't manage it.

Great preview by BRB!

"All" we need to do is avoid a defeat.

After all the rubbish results against this lot, we deserve to conceed 90% possession and beat them 3-2 with the winner coming in the 97th minute being given for the ball crossing the 6 yard line.

After the match at ewood, when a goal for whu was given, that did not even cross the line. We deserve to send them down.

Hopefully Parker doesn't recover and Gabbidon plays left back, I've played against him a few times on a coaching programme he was doing I ripped him to shreds, he's a poor defender, I can see us winning this 2-1 due to the fact it's the worst West Ham side in years.

Fancy replacing Emerton on the right hand side?

Further I don't know if there is any problem with him signing a new contract or not at Rovers, but if there is, any blame surely lies at the feet of Sam Allardyce. He should have been given a proper contract when he signed his last one only relatively recently instead of what I suspect was a watered down effort on the basis that he didn't really fit into Sam's style of play and wasn't a regular starter in the first team.

What a surprise, you're talking more rubbish about our last manager and displaying a total lack of insight. How can Sam possibly be to blame for Kean not offering Junior a new deal?!

Hoilett wasn't a regular starter in the first team under Sam because he was a 19 year old in his first season at the top level, and so was eased into the team with sub appearances as any manager would do with such a player. He didn't really impress in his first season - he was given plenty of chances as a substitute - not surprising considering short lightweight players can find the physicality of the league a lot to get used to, especially in their first season. Olsson made his name as a pacy left winger under Sam and he fitted in to Sam's style of play and blossomed under Sam, so to say Sam's style of play was to blame makes no sense. Giving a player who had shown only glimpses of promise a five year deal would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

However now Hoilett has stepped up his game, which again makes sense given he's had more experience and has developed his game a lot more.

While Hoilett has said in no uncertain terms he wants to stay at Rovers:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8849196.Hoilett__I_will_stay_at_Blackburn_Rovers/

Kean has repeatedly said he's held off contract talks so he doesn't "distract" Hoilett from his game (whatever that means):

"As a full-back seeing him run at you and get at you in the box you should be petrified because he can move that ball and do anything with it," Kean told the Lancashire Telegraph. "What we don't want to do is get into contract negotiations now and take away from that type of performance."

He added: "Sometimes that can give him something else to think about that is not required.

"Let's just keep him playing like that. Come the end of the season we can sit him down and hopefully sort out a long-term deal for him."

"We are going to sit down and talk with him - but I mentioned to the directors and the owners of the importance not to take the focus away from the games and his performances.

"If we had started the contract talks beforehand, like we did before he signed his contract the last time around, it really affected him and his form dipped and he ended up in a bad place and not in the team.

Hoilett hasn't signed a contract because Kean has deliberately not offered him one.

To blame Sam for that is yet another example of your bizzare insistence on criticising our last successful manager at every possible opportunity whilst defending our current inept manager. Didn't you stick up for Ince repeatedly too?

Archived