BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United (away - 7th May)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See article in today's LT:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9003563.Defender_Salgado_has_chance_for_West_Ham_clash/

"Boss Steve Kean had again been optimistic that the 20-year-old would return against Manchester City but Hoilett missed out once more and was again absent against Bolton.

Rovers are understood to be growing increasingly frustrated with the situation, with Hoilett still feeling pain in his hamstring. Kean is reluctant to rush the Canadian too early and risk him suffering further damage".

IMO, Hoilett will not sign a new contract in the summer and he will end-up being sold for just a fraction of his real value.

The boat sailed in Jan. and we missed it as too preoccupied worrying about the likes of Roberts, Nelsen & Salgado - now I wonder why that could be ?!?! Kean's excuse about wanting to keep Hoilett focussed, is, IMO, just bullsh1t. IMO, crass management with the real intention being to try to underpin Kean's tenuous grip on things.

As I have said already on at least two occasions, IMO, it would be no surprise if we do not see Hoilett in a Rovers' shirt again.

I desperately hope that I am wrong as he is the one player on our books who brings real excitement to the supporters.

It's certainly convincing. I really hope he remains a Rover and a Canadian. I'll have my fingers crossed that Bayern are showing up to the games because they want RSC back.

I suspect somebody might have had a word in his ear and he knows already where he's going to end up. I simply can't believe the subject wasn't brought up during that period we renewed a few contracts.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he heads back to Germany. I believe Bayern Munich were sniffing around whilst he was at St Pauli.

I think you may well be right. Rather than Germany, more likely to be not too far down the road.

Apparently you can take Jubilee line to Canning Town then the bus straight to the ground (330).

Any one of the 5, 115 or the 330 buses from Stop "F" by Canning Town tube station. They're about every 5 or 6 minutes and drop you a couple of minutes walk from the ground about 15 -20 minutes later.

So, PAFELL, ignore my PM and get the Jubilee Line to Canning Town instead!

Apparently you can take Jubilee line to Canning Town then the bus straight to the ground (330).

That is correct - many buses from there also

Any one of the 5, 115 or the 330 buses from Stop "F" by Canning Town tube station. They're about every 5 or 6 minutes and drop you a couple of minutes walk from the ground about 15 -20 minutes later.

Your imfo was ok (PM sent) though we had worked out we could get to canning town via the Jubilee line, then bus. I just want the pub for the away supporters.

That is correct - many buses from there also

Your imfo was ok (PM sent) though we had worked out we could get to canning town via the Jubilee line, then bus. I just want the pub for the away supporters.

I have been advised by West Ham fans that it is better to go to Stratfrod and there is a replacement bus service from there to Upton Park. Failing that it's a 30 minute walk. Anybody on the 10.35 from Manchester Picadilly to Euston?

unfortunately it will be as quick to walk due to traffic on a Saturday afternoon from Canning Town through one of Londons better areas ...lol....theres a replacement bus service from stratford but Stratford also as a large taxi rank may be a better option

unfortunately it will be as quick to walk due to traffic on a Saturday afternoon from Canning Town through one of Londons better areas ...lol....theres a replacement bus service from stratford but Stratford also as a large taxi rank may be a better option

Depends on time of day. Travel early could be ok via canning town. Walking about an hour.

See article in today's LT:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9003563.Defender_Salgado_has_chance_for_West_Ham_clash/

"Boss Steve Kean had again been optimistic that the 20-year-old would return against Manchester City but Hoilett missed out once more and was again absent against Bolton.

Rovers are understood to be growing increasingly frustrated with the situation, with Hoilett still feeling pain in his hamstring. Kean is reluctant to rush the Canadian too early and risk him suffering further damage".

IMO, Hoilett will not sign a new contract in the summer and he will end-up being sold for just a fraction of his real value.

The boat sailed in Jan. and we missed it as too preoccupied worrying about the likes of Roberts, Nelsen & Salgado - now I wonder why that could be ?!?! Kean's excuse about wanting to keep Hoilett focussed, is, IMO, just bullsh1t. IMO, crass management with the real intention being to try to underpin Kean's tenuous grip on things.

As I have said already on at least two occasions, IMO, it would be no surprise if we do not see Hoilett in a Rovers' shirt again.

I desperately hope that I am wrong as he is the one player on our books who brings real excitement to the supporters.

If Hoilett wants to leave then that's not Kean's fault. If Bayern come calling then I wouldnt blame any of our players for walking away. All we know is that the kid is injured and its taking longer for him to get back than expected. No reason to read any more into it unless you actually want to.

Why isn't this thread titled "West Ham United away------possibly our most important game in years"?!!

Cause its not. We absolutely had to beat Bolton or by any sensible prediction we'd have been going down. We don't have to win/draw this, its just the first of 3 chances. Very important but not as important as the last game.

If Hoilett wants to leave then that's not Kean's fault. If Bayern come calling then I wouldnt blame any of our players for walking away. All we know is that the kid is injured and its taking longer for him to get back than expected. No reason to read any more into it unless you actually want to.

IMO, Kean dithered. He should have been nailed down in January before he hit his purple patch. Instead, IMO, time was spent 'buying influential' players like Salgado, Nelsen & Roberts, in order to 'prop' Kean up - none of whom were going anywhere! Kean's "we want to keep him focused", is, IMO, total bullsh1t. Now we have a situation with only 1 year to go on his contract, the fee we could get for him will be substantially reduced. IMO, Hoilett will not want to risk tearing that hamstring with a glittering move around the corner - understandably so.

Cause its not. We absolutely had to beat Bolton or by any sensible prediction we'd have been going down. We don't have to win/draw this, its just the first of 3 chances. Very important but not as important as the last game.

Just joking really because it seems every game has been called that lately! However we're not relaxing because we won 1 game are we? This one would see us safe if we won, West Ham down if they lost and almost certainly send them down if we draw.

On the other hand if they won, we'd be in the poo again and they would have new heart. So it is very important indeed!

Archived