BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Rovers try to buy any of the loan signings?

Loan signings - buy or bye?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rovers try to buy Roque Santa Cruz?

2. 2. Should Rovers try to buy Jermaine Jones

3. 3. Should Rovers try to buy M B Diouf

Jermaine Jones is the new Robby Savage. And quicker! But with worse hair, which I never actually thought was possible.

Top priority in the summer is to sign him up along with Hoilett and a couple of quality strikers. Wages might be anissue though - someone said he was on around 70k in Germany?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said before - JJ would be expensive and has a history of being injury prone. He's a lot more of a risk than I think some people realise. That said he's done very well and we should keep him if the fee and wages are right.

With Jones all you can look at is his time with us....he has played in 14 games, playing 90 mins in 10 of those and I would argue in the last 6 weeks (the crucial period) he has been one of our main players. He hasnt really been injured and has given his all.

And even if he does command £70k a week, at least he is doing something for it, unlike £90k a week RSC!!

• 2 weeks later...

Kean mentioning he is looking to bring in Santa Cruz on a permanent basis. I've noted one or two people saying they wouldn't be to adverse to the transfer if it was super cheap and pay as you play or a huge cut in wages.

In terms of the transfer fee, that is plausible. But people are in cuckoo land if they think his wages are going to be reasonable. The guy is on 90k p/w. A huge cut would him accepting 50/60k. He will be coming in as one of our top earners whatever happens. The only way he would be on a pay as you play esk deal is if he were out of contract at City and had to accept whatever was on offer.

This deal represents a HUGE risk and one that I am very sure is not worth taking as shown by a whopping 95% of people voting no to taking him on a permanent basis.

I appreciate all he has done for the club in the past but football is ruthless. All this talk of him being a fans favorite is no longer true.

Fans need to make a couple of ripples about this one. We have enough passengers as it is. The last thing we need is a phenomenally expensive one! On a basic wage of 60k he would be earning 3.12 million per year and thats not including any bonuses which would undoubtedly be included.

Crocky ..if we sign him it will annoy me so much.he's stolen 2million? Off us.injured maybe lazy defintly.

Jones..definitely worth a punt.

Diuof...punt more of ( a rhyming word) quite possibly the worst striker ever to wear our shirt.very poor.

I agree totally Ben

I would be happy signing RSC on a free, on say 30-40k a week....but a couple of million for him + say 60k a week is crazy money considering what he offered when he was here on loan.

I wish the LT would pick up this thread and do some sort of report on how 98% WANT Jermaine Jones, yet 95% DONT WANT Roque Santa Cruz.

I agree totally Ben

I would be happy signing RSC on a free, on say 30-40k a week....but a couple of million for him + say 60k a week is crazy money considering what he offered when he was here on loan.

I wish the LT would pick up this thread and do some sort of report on how 98% WANT Jermaine Jones, yet 95% DONT WANT Roque Santa Cruz.

I am totally new to twitter but have attempted to 'tweet' Cryer and Plunkett in reference to this. I'm not even sure I did it right lol.

But I really think we will regret this decision for years and something needs to be said. Not in a hate campaign sense that saw us hound out Big Sam for Ince. In some sense I don't mind Santa Cruz. Seems like a genuine chap from what can be grasped through the media etc. But signing him makes no logical sense and as I said is a decision we will regret for years!

No logic in signing RSC at any price and even on a pay as you play, he takes up a squad place in the 25.

Leave his spot for either another loan striker or Benjani. ;)

Totally agree. RSC is a waste of money - even on a free.

Santa Cruz - An anaemic return to the club that saved his career. After all the bells and whistles of his arrival, we still had to rely on Jason Roberts to score the goals to get us out of the pooh. No thanks.

Jones - Excellent player. Skilfull, athletic and industrious, he instantly became our best midfield (not exactly difficult of course) upon signing. We should make every effort to sign the guy.

Diouf - Quite hard working and chipped in with a few goals here and there but he offered nothing that we can't find elsewhere.

The only thing that makes me consider signing Roque is that he had spent the prior 18 months not playing football and we would have him for the full pre-season and his confidence might return after a permanent transfer. I think this more in hope than expectation if we do sign him.

Jermaine Jones for me has been brilliant and just what we needed, consistently putting a shift in and not letting the opposition settle in midfield. His performance against Arsenal's midfield was brilliant at the Emirates. N'Zonzi also seems to have benefited from playing with him so I really do hope we sign him.

Diouf will not be required hopefully, not been good enough for me.

Benjani standing on one leg is a better striker than RSC and Diouf based on what I have seen this season. RSC is not fit/interested. Diouf not good enough - SAF will sell him probably to someone like Norwich.

JJ has been a revelation, but will pick up the yellows at the same rate of knots as this season if we sign him. That is the type of player he is. But just what we need. Now to find the new Tugay to play alongside him.....

Guest Wen Y Hu

The poll is now closed. Thanks to everyone for voting.

Results of the poll are now on the front page here and discussion can continue here.

Archived