BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Frank Fielding Joins Rams On Permanent Deal

The Rovers have just announced via their official SMS service that England Under-21 goalkeeper Frank Fielding has joined Derby County in a permanent transfer on an initial three-year contract. The fee is undisclosed. BRFCS wish Frank every success in his career.

For nothing? Or if so there must surely be massive sell on clauses attached.

Obviously not a kentaro client.... but I've no doubt there will be one waiting in the wings.

Of the four signings made in January which are Kentaro clients Theno? As far as I am aware none, so just as good a guess to think other agents players will be coming too.

On Fielding- hope he does well but we have three keepers at Rovers who are/potentially better so no real loss.

Guest roverite1991

Good luck to Frankie. A good keeper imo, but I'd have more faith in Bunn. Fielding dropped a few balls too many at Qegs.

A silly move for Rovers at this stage of the season, if we get relegated, Robbo moves, so we are left with no Robbo and no Fielding!! Thats Bunn and Jake Kean, I think Frank is ahead of Kean at the moment so I think, until we kmew our fate, a bad move

A silly move for Rovers at this stage of the season, if we get relegated, Robbo moves, so we are left with no Robbo and no Fielding!! Thats Bunn and Jake Kean, I think Frank is ahead of Kean at the moment so I think, until we kmew our fate, a bad move

Sorry Kelbo dont agree, Frank is never at this moment in time anywhere near the level that Paul Robinson is at, or looks capable of being.

For a good number two at Rovers i'd be looking to bring young Kasper Scmeichel in.

If Robbo were to go surely we'd look to replace him if not like for like then at least with someone pretty experienced.

If however he stays any length of time there's no real future for either Bunn or Fielding unless they're happy just warming the bench.

From what I've seen of Fielding and Kean for the reserves, albeit only very limited, I was far more impressed with Kean.

Agreed bad timing but surely if relegated we look for a No2 as Bunn would probably be promoted to No1 when Robbo leaves.

pity that Frankie is going, I know him and the family well. He is a big, big Rovers fan but needs 1st team footie. He will always look for the Rovers score before any other.

I think that within 5 years time we will all hear a lot more of Frankie and regret letting him go....reminds of the loss of a certain Shay Given to Newcastle some years ago.

Good luck lad, we will see you in an England 1st team shirt yet.

The Rovers have just announced via their official SMS service that England Under-21 goalkeeper Frank Fielding has joined Derby County in a permanent transfer on an initial three-year contract. The fee is undisclosed. BRFCS wish Frank every success in his career.

For nothing? Or if so there must surely be massive sell on clauses attached.

Obviously not a kentaro client.... but I've no doubt there will be one waiting in the wings.

:rolleyes:

Silly move? We have 2 better keepers, plus a better potential one (Kean) + brown

I said, if you read correctly, if we were to lose Robinson it would leave us wanting a number two to Bunn or a first team keeper,

Frank is young, under 21 international and nowhere near his peak, watched Kean for Hartlepool I think and his starting positions were not the best when he conceded a couple of goals, as for Brown, he's off to Gillingham in the summer I am told, number three at Cardiff, got to be a reason.

As for Kasper, no chance he would come to Rovers from Leeds as a number 2 and if we are relegated he is better at Elland Road.

Good luck to Frankie. A good keeper imo, but I'd have more faith in Bunn. Fielding dropped a few balls too many at Qegs.

Andy Buckingham rates him!!

Of the four signings made in January which are Kentaro clients Theno? As far as I am aware none, so just as good a guess to think other agents players will be coming too.

Not SEM/Kentaro players (yet!) maybe, however more damage having a manager and assistant who are clearly not good enough at this moment in time (rather than 1 dud SEM player) - plus, must say, I am looking forward to watching Nick Blackman and Myles Anderson next season....

Always heard good reports on Fielding, reckon he will go on to be a very good goalie.

Not SEM/Kentaro players (yet!) maybe, however more damage having a manager and assistant who are clearly not good enough at this moment in time (rather than 1 dud SEM player) - plus, must say, I am looking forward to watching Nick Blackman and Myles Anderson next season....

Always heard good reports on Fielding, reckon he will go on to be a very good goalie.

Ince signed Blackman BEFORE Kentaro/SEM links... just pointing out John that I can see a variety of players arriving represented by a number of agents.

Fair enough, but as I said, it is much more damaging to appoint a total novice manager rather than 1 dud SEM player IMO.

And Ince obviously was not involved in extending Blackman's contract recently....

Who witnessed the Youth cup game a few years ago at Home to Brighton when Frankie Fielding on his own knocked the young Rovers lads out of the cup when a defender played the ball back to him along the floor only for young Frankie to complete kick into thin air, miss the ball, whilst the chasing forward tapped the ball into an empty net putting Brighton one nil up and through to the next round.

No suprise I saw him in Knowles Arms when Kean had just took over, And lets just say he didn't have a good word to say about Kean.

Ah another focused young player I see :unsure:

Perhaps he should spend more time trying to force himself into a good team & less time in the pub :P

Archived