BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Survival Sunday

My other half is due today so more than likely she will decide that Sunday afternoon would be a lovely day to have a baby.

If that doesn't kick off then I shall be on the BBC red button, with a small beer behind the sofa just in case it get scary.

I know its unlikely that we will drop but just can't relax about it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a probability listing of the five clubs

here

We are the least likely to go down.

I shall be in enforced isolation at 16:00 on Sunday with only Radio 5 & a "greyhound" for company. That's not the canine version, but the vodka and grapefruit version. The grapefruit is one of my "five a day," so it's good for me.

I'll probably pop along here too so we can have our little online party or wake.

Replace greyhound with Fosters and Five live with Jeff Stelling and Soccer Special and that's pretty much going to be my Sunday afternoon too

Replace greyhound with Fosters and Five live with Jeff Stelling and Soccer Special and that's pretty much going to be my Sunday afternoon too

I need it all sorted by 5.40. No last minute goals; no possibility of the 3 sides going down changing, because i have to go out at 5.40 at the latest and I don't think i could cope going without knowing.

I need it all sorted by 5.40. No last minute goals; no possibility of the 3 sides going down changing, because i have to go out at 5.40 at the latest and I don't think i could cope going without knowing.

No goal alerts possible on your phone?

There's a probability listing of the five clubs

here

We are the least likely to go down.

taken from this link: What They Need To Do To Stay Up: As said, a better result than three of the teams currently below them in the league. A draw at Wolves would mean they could only be relegated if two of Birmingham, Wigan and Blackpool are victorious.

by my understanding if we draw at wolves, then all the other three teams would need to win? if only 2 won, wolves would go down and we would survive?

am i imagining this or am i right?

taken from this link: What They Need To Do To Stay Up: As said, a better result than three of the teams currently below them in the league. A draw at Wolves would mean they could only be relegated if two of Birmingham, Wigan and Blackpool are victorious.

by my understanding if we draw at wolves, then all the other three teams would need to win? if only 2 won, wolves would go down and we would survive?

am i imagining this or am i right?

Yes - plus if we lost, and two teams below us won, we would go down.

(this is exactly why I have a pic of the table and the fixtures on my computer background, so I can check things like this).

I'm sure Jeff and co on Soccer special will have ongoing "As it stands" snapshots of the bottom of the table throughout the afternoon

Yes - plus if we lost, and two teams below us won, we would go down.

(this is exactly why I have a pic of the table and the fixtures on my computer background, so I can check things like this).

I'm sure Jeff and co on Soccer special will have ongoing "As it stands" snapshots of the bottom of the table throughout the afternoon

if they dont u can get a live-table off skysports.com sports centre. but jeff and the boys should have one.

curse 365, they had me thinking i was being over-confident because i was wrong then lol.

No goal alerts possible on your phone?

No reception on my network in church as it's directly below Clitheroe Castle rock. besides which i can hardly stand up at the front of church with my phone in my hand either crying or cheering, can i? :lol: I suppose i could claim I was carried away by the emotion of the service, but it doesn't happen often.

No reception on my network in church as it's directly below Clitheroe Castle rock. besides which i can hardly stand up at the front of church with my phone in my hand either crying or cheering, can i? :lol: I suppose i could claim I was carried away by the emotion of the service, but it doesn't happen often.

You're getting married on Sunday??

You're getting married on Sunday??

No I'm a steward and am on duty. That means it's my job to open the church, welcome the preacher and get the church ready before the service hence why i have to be there early. If it was anything else I'd either not go or go at the last minute, but when you're the one with the keys you have to be there.

No I'm a steward and am on duty. That means it's my job to open the church, welcome the preacher and get the church ready before the service hence why i have to be there early. If it was anything else I'd either not go or go at the last minute, but when you're the one with the keys you have to be there.

oh :P was trying to piece together why you would have to be at the front of a church on a sunday evening

• Backroom

Actually don't want to see Blackpool go down - or Wigan for that matter, but you can't have everything.

And if it's between them or us...... :mellow:

I'll be honest I don't care, at the start of the season I would have said I want Wigan and Blackpool to survive but the way their fans were rubbing it into Wham fans and celebrated like they had guaranteed safety was ridiculous, I'd also like to see Blackpool relegated because of Charlie Adam acting a complete prick at Ewood, sadly he will be a Premiership player next season anyway :(

oh :P was trying to piece together why you would have to be at the front of a church on a sunday evening

Well I could actually have been the preacher myself as i am qualified to do it and am doing a service on Sunday evening in a few weeks' time but on this occasion it's a bit more mundane.

I'll be honest I don't care, at the start of the season I would have said I want Wigan and Blackpool to survive but the way their fans were rubbing it into Wham fans and celebrated like they had guaranteed safety was ridiculous, I'd also like to see Blackpool relegated because of Charlie Adam acting a complete prick at Ewood, sadly he will be a Premiership player next season anyway :(

I didn't see the Wigan fans doing that, well out of order. No need to rub things in when there's just been a devastating relegation.

I only really want Wigan to survive because of 1) Dave Whelan. 2) Also the fact it is a small town club from the north west, and I want small town clubs to remain at the heart of football. Sick of the rhetoric that 'big clubs' are what it is all about, which is rammed down our throats by the media.

I only really want Wigan to survive because of 1) Dave Whelan. 2) Also the fact it is a small town club from the north west, and I want small town clubs to remain at the heart of football. Sick of the rhetoric that 'big clubs' are what it is all about, which is rammed down our throats by the media.

Entirely share your sentiments on points 1 & 2.

Perfect scenario is that we beat Wolves and therefore survive along with Wigan and Blackpool.

Come on you small North West clubs!!!!

Well I could actually have been the preacher myself as i am qualified to do it and am doing a service on Sunday evening in a few weeks' time but on this occasion it's a bit more mundane.

Can you perform excorcisms, funerals and confessions?

You might need to even if you're not a Catholic after tomorrow.

Can you perform excorcisms, funerals and confessions?

You might need to even if you're not a Catholic after tomorrow.

Funerals probably though nobody's ever asked me to. Weddings provided there's sthe official register person attached to our church present and baptisms - done a few of those. The others, no. We don't do those in the Methodist church, or at least not officially.

please pray for us Mrs Gumboots lol

would if I thought it would do any good but I figure there are plenty of Wigan, Blackpool Birmingham and Wolves fans also praying. i always just pray that the team will play as well as possible and leave the result up to Him. Can't really do more.

Archived