BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Survival Sunday

Having endured the Rovers match against West Ham on stream and having to switch it off 10 minutes from time due to the unbearable tension I am wondering how I will cope next Sunday. I am not going to Molioneux so my other options are to watch it on stream or watch Sky News or go out for a walk and tune in at 6pm or anything that you wonderful posters might suggest.How are you going to survive next week? Let me know. My partner is a wonderful woman but she doesnt understand what I am going through; she thinks I am silly. It means a great deal seeing Rovers survive and I have invested years of support, time and money into my home town team.

Is it better to suffer alone in my lounge or better still if I could possibly share the pain agony tension and hopefully the euphoria of survival with other like minded Rovers fans. A meeting in a pub or Blues Bar might be more preferable to watching alone. If anyone can help me get through this by telling me what you`re doing or arranging a meet up I will be eternally grateful.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to watch a football match of my new team, with the LiveScore-App on my iPhone keeping me up to date. It worked for the last two weeks (good results, two excellent draws) so it'll work the last week.

Guest roverite1991

I'll be watching Jeff and the boys! Hopefully I'll be in a good mood come sunday night. Or I'll be paralytic having drowned my sorrows withs several pints of Jack Daniels.......

• Backroom

We will surely be on with two teams potentially going down there is potential for tears on camera which is what they want!

I don't think I can bare it though, hope the wife goes into labour so I can forget it and just find out the result later. Genuinely had enough of this season I just can't wait for it to be over. It's not just the going down that bothers me it's the stress of not knowing either way we've been hanging by a thread since they sacked Sam to appoint Kean.

We will surely be on with two teams potentially going down there is potential for tears on camera which is what they want!

I don't think I can bare it though, hope the wife goes into labour so I can forget it and just find out the result later. Genuinely had enough of this season I just can't wait for it to be over. It's not just the going down that bothers me it's the stress of not knowing either way we've been hanging by a thread since they sacked Sam to appoint Kean.

Yes but there is much more chance of Blackpool, Brum and Wigan being relegated. That gives them the highest likelihood of covering all relegated teams. I think Blackburn fans are the only people who think Blackburn are going to be relegated. None of my friends think we will go down and nor did the four guys on the Sky team today.

I'll be very surprised if we are on TV.

I am on a stag do next weekend so cannot make the game - it is also my birthday on Sunday too.... :unsure:

Wishing you an excessively happy birthday for Sunday then :D

Sunday will be tough. I wish I could go, sort of. I think I'm going to get away from the TV and with no mobile reception until it is all over.

It was hard enough watching SSN today, never mind when we are playing and it really really really matters.

I will be shocked if we go down though, now. I reckon Big Club and (regretably) Blackpool. Touch wood!

I'll do my best to avoid this. I'll only get myself a bit like that Arsenal fan on Youtube. If I just see the results, and not 'live through it' I'll not suffer. If that makes me a lesser fan then so be it, I can do without the stress.

There is potential for Jeff Stelling to suffer some sort of heart failure/brain explosion on Sunday, it is that tight.

I'll do my best to avoid this. I'll only get myself a bit like that Arsenal fan on Youtube. If I just see the results, and not 'live through it' I'll not suffer. If that makes me a lesser fan then so be it, I can do without the stress.

There is potential for Jeff Stelling to suffer some sort of heart failure/brain explosion on Sunday, it is that tight.

I thought Charlie Nicholas was going to die during his summarising of the Wigan game today.

I thought Charlie Nicholas was going to die during his summarising of the Wigan game today.

I am not surprised, it is one of the most amazing matches that I have ever witnessed, the last 15 minutes where just out of this world, end to end stuff.

As for Survival Sunday, there is a possibility that they will show our game, it has the potential to the key game, especially if 2 of the three other teams are winning and it our game is a draw going into the last 10 minutes or so. For a generation of Rovers fans they have never been through an ordeal like what is going to happen on Sunday, for the record I think that we will be ok, just can't see Blackpool and Birmingham winning their games and having seen Wigan defend today (particularly set pieces) they are going to struggle against Stoke.

On a related note, I thought Jason Roberts was pretty good on radio 5, as were the comentators. Much better than that turd Alan Green.

Jase speaks a good game and comes across well.

It will be Utd, Spurs and Stoke.

None of the Sky pundits thought Wolves or us would go down.

I think you are probably right - unless they go down the winner takes all route. At the end of the day - if somebody wins our match they are safe - could make it very interesting. With all the channels Sky have - wonder if they will extend to 4 matches shown ? - and of course there is ESPN !

I think you are probably right - unless they go down the winner takes all route. At the end of the day - if somebody wins our match they are safe - could make it very interesting. With all the channels Sky have - wonder if they will extend to 4 matches shown ? - and of course there is ESPN !

I am sure that they could extend to 4 games, but I think that they are only allowed to show three games because they will have reached their quota of live games that they are allowed to show under the terms of the TV agreement.

Jase speaks a good game

Yeah thats one of our problems :lol:

Next sunday I will be at the game, I will sing my heart out, wear my Rovers shirt with pride and Roar the boys onto premiership safety (Or at least that is the plan).

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH

If i was an outsider reading this forum, i would think we were odds on favourite to get relegated!

Blackpool have to beat Manchester United

Birmingham have to beat Spurs

Wigan have to beat Stoke

Blackburn Lose

This all has to happen for us to get relegated!

We are in he driving seat, what is with all the negativity?

Come on you Rovers!!!

If i was an outsider reading this forum, i would think we were odds on favourite to get relegated!

Blackpool have to beat Manchester United

Birmingham have to beat Spurs

Wigan have to beat Stoke

Only two of the above needed.

Blackburn Lose

This all has to happen for us to get relegated!

We are in he driving seat, what is with all the negativity?

Come on you Rovers!!!

I'll be playing cricket on Sunday after not being successful in getting a ticket.

I'm hoping that we bat first, so when it gets around to 5:30- 5:45 I'll be fielding so that I don't have to endure the scores being flashed up via teletext on the clubs TV screen!

Yeah thats one of our problems :lol:

Next sunday I will be at the game, I will sing my heart out, wear my Rovers shirt with pride and Roar the boys onto premiership safety (Or at least that is the plan).

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH

That's at least two of us then :closedeyes:

Archived