SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions league final coverage

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

How has Valencia not been booked??????

Awful refereeing he could have had 3 or 4 by now yet Alves got booked for one.

Barca will let United back into this again

How has Valencia not been booked??????

Yes agreed.

Very rarely are United fans out sung away from old Stratford, but the Barca fans are by far the loudest tonight.

You don't need Eddie I'll say it.

Best team in the world-yes.

Worst cheats in the world-yes.

Best club side ever...steady on Milan,Liverpool,Real lots of better sides in history.

Barcelona are a different class but United didn't play to their strengths and do enough to unsettle them.

So I don't accept this resignation that Barcelona were simply too good for them.

Best club side ever...steady on Milan,Liverpool,Real lots of better sides in history.

This Barca side is streets ahead of any of those teams you mention Imy, and I've seen them all.

barcelona is a step ahead of everyone, its not just the technical attributes, the way they they mangae to positiion themselves, is just 2 levels above everyone else.

The funny thing is, that mallorca was banned from european football with aome debt, but the 2 finalists accumulated a debt off approx 1.1-1.2billion danisk kroner in 2010. That is roughly in the ballpark of 120 million pound sterling and still, they had the luxury of playing in europe.

Very weird-

Barcelona have world class players playing the way they have been shown since they were kids.

United have scholes, giggs and an oap in the pegs, when you replace ronaldo with valencia you can't really compete with this barca team, although I don't think they did that bad they need to Invest to beat barca.

This Barca side is streets ahead of any of those teams you mention Imy, and I've seen them all.

The real side with Di stefano that won CL 5 times in a row is not streets behind this Barca side. AC Milan side of the 90's was so great defensively that they could stifle this Barca side. So in my humble opinion Barca are a great team but greatest of all time?

The real side with Di stefano that won CL 5 times in a row is not streets behind this Barca side. AC Milan side of the 90's was so great defensively that they could stifle this Barca side. So in my humble opinion Barca are a great team but greatest of all time?

I'm sure you've seen loads of the Madrid team that won the European Cup 5 times in a row, I haven't, but I can assure you they're not as good as this side :D

As for the Milan side from the 90's, not a bad side I agree, but better than these? :lol:

I'm sure you've seen loads of the Madrid team that won the European Cup 5 times in a row, I haven't, but I can assure you they're not as good as this side :D

As for the Milan side from the 90's, not a bad side I agree, but better than these? :lol:

I have seen all of them lol!

That's my point though Gav, history shows that they were an unbelievable side but most of us have never seen them play so can't comment!

5 CL wins is unbelievable.

I have seen the invincible Milan side of late 80's early 90's and they had Gullit, Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini a team that would rival this side- did not cheat like these boys either lol!!

I have seen all of them lol!

That's my point though Gav, history shows that they were an unbelievable side but most of us have never seen them play so can't comment!

5 CL wins is unbelievable.

I have seen the invincible Milan side of late 80's early 90's and they had Gullit, Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini a team that would rival this side- did not cheat like these boys either lol!!

Yes credit where credits due, 5 European Cups is some going.

As for the Milan side you mention, saw plenty of them and although a very good side, they're nowhere near this Barca side, who incidentally got carried away in the semi-final, they don't cheat and dive around normally.

All about opinions pal, all about opinions.......

That Milan side would not pass the ball like Barca but boy they could grind out results and they had great players in their side, players that would rival Barca, my opinion is it's very difficult to compare sides from differing eras, as you said it's all about opinions!!

My opinion is it's very difficult to compare sides from differing eras, as you said it's all about opinions!!

It is indeed Imy, the Liverpool side from the 70's and 80's was very much a pub side, trained in the pub, recovered in the pub, had meetings in the pub, but dominated Europe!

football has evolved, the tempo nowadays is light years ahead of those who played 20 or 30 years ago, nevermind those furhter back. There´s only one sport i follow, that has gone backwards, since the good ol days and thats boxing.

No team is unbeatable, but this barca side is the best team, that i can remember and that includes milan of the 90´s and the real madird team with the galacticos. This is from osmeone who dislikes barcelona, so im basically biased against them. But but but the way they play football and get their results, is gotta capitulate,surrender and wave the white flag.

The beauty about this Barca team is that they don't have to rely on Messi, one of the best players in the world.

There are nine other outfield players who play brilliantly as a team should play. There is no weakness in any position.

This attribute makes them better than teams of the past IMHO.

Archived