BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we shouldve been over the Ba deal instead of day-dreaming about Vucinic or Adebayor supposedly.

Ba will be getting £40,000-a-week plus £20,000-a-game appearance money, his agents are splitting £1 million commission.

He has an interesting knee.

I hope you will do much better before long.

Ba will be getting £40,000-a-week plus £20,000-a-game appearance money, his agents are splitting £1 million commission.

He is a proven goal-scorer, and I dont buy this knee thing too much. He seemed fine at Hoffenheim and WH.

His wages easily off-set the fact that there is no transfer fee. How much risk would have been in that move? Very little I think.

Can you share anything about the plans that are goign on behind the scenes Nicko and any of the new targets ? I`m sure we are all interested about what there business plans are, although no doubt some posters will see negative in them no matter what they propose to do to increase our profile as a club.............

Is Jerome Anderson going to be incharge of negotiating transfer that Kean wants?

Is Philippe Huber going to be at rovers next week?

The 'high ups' who will be here will include a lot of the relevant people at Rovers now - some of the family, Huber, etc.

Huber is probably the main man in terms of advice and transfer knowledge.

He IS Kentaro in many ways.

Jerome Anderson is available if needed and probably will be used. His company is PART of Kentaro.

Steve Kean will obviously have the final say on the ones he wants. The negotiators then get on with it.

You would hope that with the money you have and the amount of expertise available that these are going to be busy times.

Unless you prefer scouring the bargain bin, he dole queue and going cap in hand to Sir Alex for crumbs...

He is a proven goal-scorer, and I dont buy this knee thing too much. He seemed fine at Hoffenheim and WH.

His wages easily off-set the fact that there is no transfer fee. How much risk would have been in that move? Very little I think.

I didn't realise you were a doctor.

Ask the good people at Stoke about his knee.

Ba could pay off, but if you have money you should be able to do better.

Can you share anything about the plans that are goign on behind the scenes Nicko and any of the new targets ? I`m sure we are all interested about what there business plans are, although no doubt some posters will see negative in them no matter what they propose to do to increase our profile as a club.............

All I know is what I have been able to glean.

The owners are very precise in the way they do things. They want to know what the manager wants and to put rough figures on the whole process and the targets. That was what the India meeting was about.

Then they headed off to Switzerland which is where Kentaro are based. Their main men will have a better picture of the market, the players they want and the prices.

Now the whole shooting match is heading for Blackburn...there will be some interesting faces turning up. Slough Rover's excellent info on the arrival of a Brazilian chap fits in with the next week being the time of serious trading.

In the meantime there are other issues being addressed - like the possible hijack of Miranda and the immediate availablity of Vucinic.

Other thing slike renewing contracts are easier to work out - if not complete. But I expect Givet to be signed up on a new deal soon. Hopefully Junior soon after.

There are bound to be far more things going on than anyone has heard yet, but there is going to be a whole lot of activity around Rovers for the next week.

Incentivising players seems a very sensible approach. I might also assume that they've cleverly worked it around his insurance policy, keeping the premiums down so that they're only claiming £40k when he's insured, then boosting his wage and keeping him motivated to stay in the team when he's fit.

Ba comes across as a bit flaky to me. His behaviour towards Hoffenheim wasn't great. I don't believe we need a billy big bo**ox in the changing rooms,particularly one who hasn't really done enough to earn that epithet.

I'm glad we didn't go there personally.

The owners are very precise in the way they do things. They want to know what the manager wants and to put rough figures on the whole process and the targets. That was what the India meeting was about.

Then they headed off to Switzerland which is where Kentaro are based. Their main men will have a better picture of the market, the players they want and the prices.

Now the whole shooting match is heading for Blackburn...there will be some interesting faces turning up. Slough Rover's excellent info on the arrival of a Brazilian chap fits in with the next week being the time of serious trading.

In the meantime there are other issues being addressed - like the possible hijack of Miranda and the immediate availablity of Vucinic.

Other thing slike renewing contracts are easier to work out - if not complete. But I expect Givet to be signed up on a new deal soon. Hopefully Junior soon after.

There are bound to be far more things going on than anyone has heard yet, but there is going to be a whole lot of activity around Rovers for the next week.

Thanks Nicko - much appreciated

I didn't realise you were a doctor.

Ask the good people at Stoke about his knee.

Ba could pay off, but if you have money you should be able to do better.

No need to ask Stoke. His appearance/goal record at his last two clubs explains more than a botched medical at Stoke. Maybe there is a bit of a cloud over that side of things, but with fantasy options like Vucinic/Adebayor unattainable, and on the flip side players like Roque POSSIBLY being considered, I would've been happy with Ba as ONE of our striker signings as opposed to what we have at the club already.

Lets hope so.

how many years is his 40k + 20k contract for?

if its 1 or 2 years it seems like a great calculated risk by newcastle

if it is 4 or 5 years it seems slightly foolish

Thanks for your info

Nicko have you heard anything about the Vastic to Bayern thing? It's very strange to have such a big club come target our reserve player, who mentions he wants to leave for first team football. Hope we haven't dropped the ball on a young talent.

Archived