BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

It's scary to think how many players have left or are likely to leave. We've got Phil Jones and Benjani who have already left, Samba likely to go to Arsenal and Pedersen possibly off to join the legend that it Tugay at Galatasry. El Hadj Diouf will be off and his namesake Mame Biram has gone back to Manchester along with Crockue Santa Cruz.

Now, that's 3 strikers we need to replace, two defenders and a midfielder. This excludes the fact we are still looking after a dedicated left back, Dunn's legs have gone and Nelson and Salgado probably need to be used sparingly.

£30m doesn't sound so much now. And that's assuming we manage to get Hoilett and Givet to sign news deals.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me kean will come good! In the changing rooms at Ewood I was reading all the set pieces and instructions from the united game! Excellent stuff!

I was in there again today and noticed one I missed before! It was the left hand side free kick set up and it showed who to aim for and who was picking up the 2nd ball! JH, BE and JJ to pick up the second ball! If you saw the goal emerton scored and the board you would realise how well organised we are becoming!

I have faith anyways!

First player in will be local!

Adam? Wes Brown?

Trust me kean will come good! In the changing rooms at Ewood I was reading all the set pieces and instructions from the united game! Excellent stuff!

I was in there again today and noticed one I missed before! It was the left hand side free kick set up and it showed who to aim for and who was picking up the 2nd ball! JH, BE and JJ to pick up the second ball! If you saw the goal emerton scored and the board you would realise how well organised we are becoming!

I have faith anyways!

Dare to believe

(you might enjoy it)

You're losing more marbles than you can afford! I replied to someone else not you so get over yourself yourself! (Its not about YOU!) :wacko:

If someone thinks of other posters as "half-wits' I've every right to turn it back on him. So mind your own business.

You're the one who's losing it pal..

This is what the other poster said..

"I'm sure they know enough about forum sites to realize that there are always a fair number of halfwits around"

to which you added..."who wish to keep Kean"

This by definition makes me a halfwit (in your eyes) as I wish to keep Kean,hence my response. Get it now???

You used to be a reasonable poster once upon a time but now seem to have been infected with the same insufferable gene as the usual suspects...

You're the one who's losing it pal..

This is what the other poster said..

"I'm sure they know enough about forum sites to realize that there are always a fair number of halfwits around"

to which you added..."who wish to keep Kean"

This by definition makes me a halfwit (in your eyes) as I wish to keep Kean,hence my response. Get it now???

You used to be a reasonable poster once upon a time but now seem to have been infected with the same insufferable gene as the usual suspects...

You, on the other hand, were never a reasonable poster and your last sentence confirms it. "Party line"-----!!!!!!!!!!

WHY? We are selling our best players have just narrowly avoided relegation and clearly have the worst manager in the premier league,we constantly get linked to world class players,get real excited then realise it was yet another publicity stunt,actions speak louder than words time for venky's to put or shut up,Hoillet still not nailed down to a new deal if he leaves will you still be optimistic for the future,Samba,Pedersen,Hoillet and Kalinic could realistically leave before the start of the season it's great having money but who can Kean convince to come to Rovers and not just for a big pay day but someone who wants to play for us.

Urgh...

We are selling our best players? Our best player wanted to leave.. What exactly were we meant to do??

Its their fault that we're getting linked to world class players? Or is it partially your fault that you believe every rumour floating around and then get disappointed when its not true????

Kalinic and Pedersen can walk. Deadwood. Hoilett is being spoken to regarding a new deal.

Who can Kean convince to come and play for us? I dont know. Neither do you. That is why its pointless judging them now because the next 8 weeks will determine how succesful Venky's/Kean have been for the club. They were brought in to spend money.

Im prepared to give Venky's/Kean until the beginning of the September before I start judging them. If you can't give them that well then they dont stand much of chance of succeeding at all then do they?

It's scary to think how many players have left or are likely to leave. We've got Phil Jones and Benjani who have already left, Samba likely to go to Arsenal and Pedersen possibly off to join the legend that it Tugay at Galatasry. El Hadj Diouf will be off and his namesake Mame Biram has gone back to Manchester along with Crockue Santa Cruz.

Now, that's 3 strikers we need to replace, two defenders and a midfielder. This excludes the fact we are still looking after a dedicated left back, Dunn's legs have gone and Nelson and Salgado probably need to be used sparingly.

£30m doesn't sound so much now. And that's assuming we manage to get Hoilett and Givet to sign news deals.

Oh hark at you looking at the reality of things.

The time to judge is when the transfer window slams shut. By which time we'll know what everything means and is all about my good man. Until then we must gird our loins and embrace the transfer window in all it's majestic splendour. And renew our season tickets.

Samba,Pedersen,Hoillet and Kalinic could realistically leave before the start of the season it's great having money but who can Kean convince to come to Rovers and not just for a big pay day but someone who wants to play for us.

Interesting whether the the fact we now have a big transfer kitty is going to mark as shift away from the initial plan i.e. buy young talented players, with potential high future sell on value.

If they are sticking to the original plan, we will more than likely see some promising young players arriving with a point to prove (not saying we'll have heard of that many). If this is supplemented by a couple of more experienced freebies or loan signings, It may well be an exciting future.

On the note of Loans - If we are remotely interested in Adebayor - surely a loan approach (with agreed purchase price) for a year would be more sensible? That way if he's not up for it we're just committed to his wages for a year. Clubs don't seem to be banging city's door down for him.

You, on the other hand, were never a reasonable poster and your last sentence confirms it. "Party line"-----!!!!!!!!!!

Now you've lost me...medication wearing off ??

No need to answer that btw as I'm bored of this conversation now.

Back to your anti-Kean obsession 47er,there's a good boy...

I have faith anyways!

I posted something similar recently. I heard a lot of good things about Kean and his rapport with the players and his tactics, and no not from his Mum! But it was from someone who sees the inside of that dressing room quite a lot, and not the cleaner, ha!

Now you've lost me...medication wearing off ??

No need to answer that btw as I'm bored of this conversation now.

Back to your anti-Kean obsession 47er,there's a good boy...

Very childish.

Its "bored with this conversation" by the way. Over and out.

Bicker bicker bicker....pathetic!

This is supposed to be the transfer thread, not that you'd know it reading all that rubbish!

:angry:

Meh.

If there was something worth talking about then that would not be a problem.

Handbags are standard equipment when nothing is happening.

I hope you're not giving Kean credit for this. It's been well-documented that Sam brought new technology in to create elaborate set pieces that has been a massive boost to the team. There's a video of Pedersen talking about it on UEFA. it's why we were such a danger from set pieces during his reign. I don't think we've been anywhere near as effective at set pieces under Kean.

Kean can come good, but I'm still waiting. I'm yet to hear us go for any realistic targets, other than the ones we had on loan and apparently now even Jones has other suitors.

Making sure Hoilett and Jones will be with us next season will be a big step in the right direction, but the team still needs a lot of rebuilding. Pedersen, Kalinic and Diouf look like they won't be in Kean's plans next season. Jones and Benjani gone. Samba might follow.

I want to see some action, enough of all this "let's stay positive" drivel. The pre-season hasn't even started. Voicing our concerns isn't exactly damaging to the team right now. They have nothing to worry about besides sipping cocktails on the beach.

Is there any reason why Steve Kean still lives in Surrey? That doesn't show long term commitment to me I'm afraid, and we are in it for the long term after all aren't we. I'd suggest that a house on Nuttall Street in Blackburn (Google it) would be a good idea for him, he could walk home, it's probably for the best.

Made me smile

Bicker bicker bicker....pathetic!

This is supposed to be the transfer thread, not that you'd know it reading all that rubbish!

:angry:

I've posted little on this thread. Some dope has a go for no reason, what do you expect? Wish I hadn't retaliated. bet you feel the same.

I hope you're not giving Kean credit for this. It's been well-documented that Sam brought new technology in to create elaborate set pieces that has been a massive boost to the team. There's a video of Pedersen talking about it on UEFA. it's why we were such a danger from set pieces during his reign.

Were we though? I seem to remember an awful lot of free kicks and corners being cleared by the first man. And I'm really struggling to remember any goals scored from Pedersens god-awful long throws.

Archived