BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

I've supported Blackburn Rovers through good times and bad for 50 years now. Even if we end up with a forward line of Benjani and Roberts, Grella and Andrews in midfield, I'll still be there, home and away. It's called being a supporter JAL. If you only want to follow the team in good times fair enough it's your choice. Noboby forces you to buy a season ticket. At the end of the day you support the club and the players who wear the shirt, no matter who they are, and therefore I'm not sure how anybody is going to be conned or cheated.

While Steve Kean was not a manager I would have chosen, indeed I have major reservations about him, the fact remains he is the manager of Blackburn Rovers and as such will get my support.

Post of the day! :rover:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vastic

6 goals in 9 starts and 9 substitute appearances for the Academy side. Not the reserves.

Conditions at Rovers a disaster

Interesting article, one the anti-Venky's brigade will feast on.

Here's the question that has to do with blackburn specifically:

"Interviewer: Warum ist es in Blackburn nicht so gelaufen, wie du es dir vorgestellt hast?

(Why hasn't it gone, the way you imagined?)

Vastic: Grundsätzlich habe ich mich dort gut eingelebt und es war für mich mit Sicherheit eine sehr gute Ausbildung. Ich habe allerdings keine Chance gesehen, in die erste Mannschaft aufzusteigen, weshalb ich mich für einen Wechsel entschieden habe.

(Fundamentally I've enjoyed myself there and it was definitely a great education. But I haven't seen any chance to reach the first team, and so I've decided for a change.)

Der Präsident wurde gewechselt und auch der Trainer ist jetzt weg. Der ehemalige Amateurtrainer trainiert die erste Mannschaft und die Zustände dort sind gerade eine Katastrophe. Ich will einfach etwas Besseres.

(The president has changed and the coach has gone as well. The former *coach of the amateurs is now coaching the first team and the conditions there are a catastrophe. I simply want some thing better.)"

*changed wording

I've supported Blackburn Rovers through good times and bad for 50 years now. Even if we end up with a forward line of Benjani and Roberts, Grella and Andrews in midfield, I'll still be there, home and away. It's called being a supporter JAL. If you only want to follow the team in good times fair enough it's your choice. Noboby forces you to buy a season ticket. At the end of the day you support the club and the players who wear the shirt, no matter who they are, and therefore I'm not sure how anybody is going to be conned or cheated.

While Steve Kean was not a manager I would have chosen, indeed I have major reservations about him, the fact remains he is the manager of Blackburn Rovers and as such will get my support.

I totally agree Parsonblue! you should support your club though the good, bad and ugly times!!!

I have got my season ticket again for next season! will go to about half of the away games!

Kean has to earn the support and not just expect to get it just because of where he is. At this moment it doesnt look like he's earned much respect from one or two of the first team players but hey, each to there own.

Kean has to earn the support and not just expect to get it just because of where he is. At this moment it doesnt look like he's earned much respect from one or two of the first team players but hey, each to there own.

So, you are not going because Kean is the manager?

I still went even when we had Kidd and Ince as manager? I said they were the wrong choice for the Manager and I was proved right!

I still undecide on Kean but I am willing to get him an chance this season for the 1st 10 or 12 games before I give my view on him!!!

And before anybody say anything Kean wouldn't be my choice but it is the owners decision

Really Callum? Or are you just trying to make me look?

I'd be pretty happy with Manu signing, providing he's not on £150,000 p/w or something daft like that. It would make a change from eagerly watching Stroke Boy annouce we've signed...........Jay Bothroyd.

I totally agree Parsonblue! you should support your club though the good, bad and ugly times!!!

I have got my season ticket again for next season! will go to about half of the away games!

I haven't got mine yet and will be holding on as long as possible before buying them because I reckon the money might as well sit in my bank account as anywhere else for the next week or so but I will be renewing. I've tried staying away in the past and it doesn't work - Saturdays/Sundays/ Mondays/ Tues/Wed just aren't the same without Rovers matches to go to.

JAL I respect the fact you are permitted to post your comments about Venkys / owners - good or bad - like we all have. But I have to question your stance with regards to season tickets.

No matter who the owners are, who the managers - the club should still come first for a genuine Rovers supporter. If you want to put off renewing your season ticket, that again is your choice. But to encourage others to do the same, is in my view wrong and is detrementle to the club.

I say to you that if you are in the position to be able to purchase a season ticket, money wise and you do not live too far away from Ewood, etc etc. Then you should renew your season ticket.

Most of us have a TV and therefore a TV licence - most of the time there are programmes that don't even interest us - but we don't throw the TV out the window and rip up the licence.

NO matter the result, I am a Rovers supporter. I don't have a season ticket, only because I am not in the position to do so. Cannot justify the travel costs and time.

What's the difference to those that would not go to matches and ranted on about Allardyce when he was mamanger. I could not and still can't stand the Man but the club comes first, always. It has been here long before us and will be here after as well. All these people have a right to their opinion about Kean, the owners or directors etc. but how can your love of your football club ever change F.F.S.

JAL, just curious, does your nickname have anything to do with Japanese Airlines? They have the same abbreviation. :P

Anyway, how did supporting Blackburn Rovers as a club = supporting Kean? You don't have to like Kean to support Blackburn. You can cheer the team on while ignoring Kean. Right now you're just punishing and whipping both Venkys and Kean for something they have not done yet. You complained that Samba and Hoilett will be leaving - neither of them has left yet. If you whine when they leave, I understand, but when nothing happened? And you seem to be already decided that we'll be relegated next season, claiming that it is reality. I'll tell you what reality is - if we are already stuck in the relegation zone halfway the season, Venkys will sack Kean, no matter what they say. That is the reality for football and Kean himself.

Your whining about things that haven't happened isn't valid. I could complain about how this guy who lives down the road is a stalker because I see him everyday and that is the reality of it, but he hasn't actually done any real stalking, has he? You think the police are gonna listen to me? No way. That's "reality" for you.

Like I said, supporting Blackburn =/= supporting Kean. But hey, I respect your opinion and I won't try to change your mind if that's what you think. You probably will have a lower chance of changing others' regarding renewing the next season's tickets. We get behind the team, not the manager, and if the manager is part of the team, then so be it.

Here's the question that has to do with blackburn specifically:

"Interviewer: Warum ist es in Blackburn nicht so gelaufen, wie du es dir vorgestellt hast?

(Why hasn't it gone, the way you imagined?)

Vastic: Grundsätzlich habe ich mich dort gut eingelebt und es war für mich mit Sicherheit eine sehr gute Ausbildung. Ich habe allerdings keine Chance gesehen, in die erste Mannschaft aufzusteigen, weshalb ich mich für einen Wechsel entschieden habe.

(Fundamentally I've enjoyed myself there and it was definitely a great education. But I haven't seen any chance to reach the first team, and so I've decided for a change.)

Der Präsident wurde gewechselt und auch der Trainer ist jetzt weg. Der ehemalige Amateurtrainer trainiert die erste Mannschaft und die Zustände dort sind gerade eine Katastrophe. Ich will einfach etwas Besseres.

(The president has changed and the coach has gone as well. The former *coach of the amateurs is now coaching the first team and the conditions there are a catastrophe. I simply want some thing better.)"

*changed wording

Funny how players not near first team football is blaming the club, eh...

Gamst was also talking some bad about the situation after he got sidelined. He was upset they were not doing set-piece practice anymore.

Funny how players not near first team football is blaming the club, eh...

Gamst was also talking some bad about the situation after he got sidelined. He was upset they were not doing set-piece practice anymore.

Yes, and someone like Roberts has come back into the reckoning and rewarded Kean with performances,(not enough goals but hey, he's Jason Roberts) Hoillett says the change of manager has given him more chances and other first team players seem to feel ok about Kean. Samba was making waves under allardyce and Jones had his head turned by Utd as do many players at far bigger clubs with far more established managers than ours. The changes at the top are often things thatplayers use as a means to justify doing what they want. to be fair to the lad he says what a good experince he has had at Rovrs generally if you read the rest of the article and how it's enabled him to have opportunites he wouldn't have had in Austria. However, Bayern are like Utd - if they come calling what German speaking youngster would say no?

i see ba has signed for newcastle another one passes by

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6994333,00.html

Got bad knees thou hasn't he and that's the last thing we want is a player to be sidelined for god knows how long on big money, to much of a risky transfer IMO so I'm grateful he's gone by tbh

Northern Rover on twitter has said

1) Just been talking to Venky's PR, they expect to complete some signings within the next week or so. Said fans will be 'excited'

2) Got the impression that Venky's are going to try and win 'hearts' and 'minds' of Rovers fans. Let's see what happens.....

3) Best way to get message across to Mrs D is post on brfcs, Venky's PR says that she reads posts regularly & uses it to gauge mood of fans!

interesting times ahead for the fans, owners and club

1) Just been talking to Venky's PR, they expect to complete some signings within the next week or so. Said fans will be 'excited'

2) Got the impression that Venky's are going to try and win 'hearts' and 'minds' of Rovers fans. Let's see what happens.....

3) Best way to get message across to Mrs D is post on brfcs, Venky's PR says that she reads posts regularly & uses it to gauge mood of fans!

Cheers Chaddy here's hoping!

Hire a good chairman, get Hoilett under a long contract and sign a goalscorer and a quality midfielder, oh and one more thing boot Jerome Anderson as far as you can away from our club and you will have plenty of hearts and minds.

Archived