BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

I reckon he will go to Juventus. Think he is more suited to Italian football than English football.

Simon Garner in his LT column say we should go for Defoe. I reckon we should go for him personally. he always suggest we should go for Roger Johnson, Stephen Warnock and David Bentley aswell.

He was with Johnson at Wycombe when Garner was there as striker coach.

I reckon in the next week or so we will make 2 or 3 signings! (I hope so anyway)

Hum. I can't see Defoe fancying a move to Rovers. And if he was sold I would imagine Liverpool or Villa would fancy him which would make it very difficult for us.

Bentley has been so humiliated in the last six months that maybe he would actually come back now and he might even cost less than 5m. But you have to wonder whether he would be worth it and if we need him. As it stands we have Olsson, Hoilett, Rochina, Dunn, Pedersen, El Hadj DIouf and Formica all fighting over 3 attacking midfield/winger spots if we go down the 4231 route. Another attacking midfielder is not really a requirement.

That said if Pedersen and Diouf go then Bentley perhaps becomes a viable option.

The focus for now HAS to be strikers, then defenders, then defensive midfielders. Attacking midfielders are well down that list.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wonder how much jovetic at fiorentina would cost us. gotta be at least 10 million just for the hair...

Get someone to cut his hair and that will save us 10 million!

Who wants to volunteer for the secret Jovetic haircut mission?! The reward: 10 million discount for Blackburn Rovers when we buy him.

Hum. I can't see Defoe fancying a move to Rovers. And if he was sold I would imagine Liverpool or Villa would fancy him which would make it very difficult for us.1

The focus for now HAS to be strikers, then defenders, then defensive midfielders. Attacking midfielders are well down that list.

I agree about Defoe coming to rovers but in football you never know. Spurs won't sell to Liverpool cos they will be challenging them aswell as the top 4. Villa I just can see AM wanted him and Bent up front.

I agree we need 2 strikers, Centre back if Samba goes, left back, young right back and Jermaine Jones permanent!

You missed the article in one of the papers then.. the one in which Jones said he loved thd club and wanted his stay to become permanent.

The 'struggle' as you call it will be in trying to get Schalke to part with him for a reasonable fee.

This isnt how Andy Cryer of the Lancashire Telegraph portrays the story trueblue.

He prints, J.Jones would be tempted by a club with European involvement NEXT season, with both Fulham and Stoke monitoring the situation.

Maybe Cryer is trying to make out that this deal will be harder to conclude than it really will be.

yeah think the thing was if they could have sold 1 of their many strikers they was gonna buy BOTH but its 1 or the other now. Neymar is 40 million tho compared to agueros 25. i know who i wud rather have tbh. Really like aguero wud love to haveseen him in premiership surprised arsenal or chelsea aint looking at him.

Are you sure?

Aguero has a release clause of €45m (£39.7m).

£25m would be a steal!

Also Mesut Ozil went on record recently very confident in Real getting Aguero.

He said the team have reserved the number 10 shirt for him.

Possibly outdated info.

Does no-one think that Rovers will be in for Charlie Adam again? From being so interested in January to not interested at all seems highly unlikely.

Maybe if Pedersen was to leave but only if and not until then.

i think we and adam have other fish to fry, Adam knows that Spurs and Liverpool rate him and one of them will be back in for him, and we have more pressing matters in getting Holiett signed and sealed and getting a prolific striker. that ship has sailed.

A friend told me SSN ran a story this morning saying we're in talks with Adebuyor. Is there anything in this?

Right now I'm just enjoying the club being linked to more than Benjiani or Heskey. And no-one else.

I wouldn't be surprise if we sign EA because we need a Proven PL goalscorer. He has experience of playing in the PL and wouldn't need much time to settle into the club.

If we did sign him, J Jones permanent, another good striker and centre back/left back depending on where Kean thinks he going to play Givet. With these signing I would think Rovers would be challenge for top 8 and europe!

Does no-one think that Rovers will be in for Charlie Adam again? From being so interested in January to not interested at all seems highly unlikely.

That was before Livepool came on the scene and blew us away.

That said since they have bought whatshischops from Sundaerland then they might have decided to leave Adam.

Adam is a great player but not sure where he would fit in under the current system. He's a bit like Tugay - brilliant with the ball but useless without it....

So far we've undersold the best young BRITISH centre half to the champions of England.

The captain and fellow centre back Samba is expected to leave.

Pedersen is rumoured to be leaving.

and seemingly Rovers are in a struggle to tie down Jermain Jones who was here for six months, obviously Rovers and Kean didnt impress him that much.

With the spine or back bone of the team that could be potentially missing come next season, then I dont care who we bring in as we will be nailed on relegation certs right from the off.

Just hope the majority are holding off purchasing their season ticket renewals.

JAL I respect the fact you are permitted to post your comments about Venkys / owners - good or bad - like we all have. But I have to question your stance with regards to season tickets.

No matter who the owners are, who the managers - the club should still come first for a genuine Rovers supporter. If you want to put off renewing your season ticket, that again is your choice. But to encourage others to do the same, is in my view wrong and is detrementle to the club.

I say to you that if you are in the position to be able to purchase a season ticket, money wise and you do not live too far away from Ewood, etc etc. Then you should renew your season ticket.

Most of us have a TV and therefore a TV licence - most of the time there are programmes that don't even interest us - but we don't throw the TV out the window and rip up the licence.

NO matter the result, I am a Rovers supporter. I don't have a season ticket, only because I am not in the position to do so. Cannot justify the travel costs and time.

I don't think it is such an issue thesedays. It is easy for players to live in Manchester and travel up.

Not talking about where he would live, rather the profile of the club. Big name English players we find really hard to appeal to as we are seen as a 'small' club, even at the end of their careers. Last time we managed to convince a big English name was Andy Cole, and that was years ago.

If we did sign him, J Jones permanent, another good striker and centre back/left back depending on where Kean thinks he going to play Givet. With these signing I would think Rovers would be challenge for top 8 and europe!

Before people slate you for this comment. I agree with you.

JAL I respect the fact you are permitted to post your comments about Venkys / owners - good or bad - like we all have. But I have to question your stance with regards to season tickets.

No matter who the owners are, who the managers - the club should still come first for a genuine Rovers supporter. If you want to put off renewing your season ticket, that again is your choice. But to encourage others to do the same, is in my view wrong and is detrementle to the club.

I say to you that if you are in the position to be able to purchase a season ticket, money wise and you do not live too far away from Ewood, etc etc. Then you should renew your season ticket.

Most of us have a TV and therefore a TV licence - most of the time there are programmes that don't even interest us - but we don't throw the TV out the window and rip up the licence.

NO matter the result, I am a Rovers supporter. I don't have a season ticket, only because I am not in the position to do so. Cannot justify the travel costs and time.

Just dont want to see fellow Rovers supporters to be conned or cheated, by being sold some kind of great product driven up by the bull.hit from Stephen Kean whilst the reality is it is a greatly devalued product on show.

Just dont want to see fellow Rovers supporters to be conned or cheated, by being sold some kind of great product driven up by the bull.hit from Stephen Kean whilst the reality is it is a greatly devalued product on show.

I've supported Blackburn Rovers through good times and bad for 50 years now. Even if we end up with a forward line of Benjani and Roberts, Grella and Andrews in midfield, I'll still be there, home and away. It's called being a supporter JAL. If you only want to follow the team in good times fair enough it's your choice. Noboby forces you to buy a season ticket. At the end of the day you support the club and the players who wear the shirt, no matter who they are, and therefore I'm not sure how anybody is going to be conned or cheated.

While Steve Kean was not a manager I would have chosen, indeed I have major reservations about him, the fact remains he is the manager of Blackburn Rovers and as such will get my support.

Archived