BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

I was trying to be a bit more constructive as I felt I am just being negative tonight about potential buys. But he is clearly insane. He thought Real Madrid were coming in for him when Warnock signed him. Know it's a soundbite for the media, but Warnock has said several times that he fines players that pass to him in QPR's own half. Is he currently not kicking off with Morocco? Or has that now been re-solved?

Haha yeah I definitely respect more constructive responses than my previous one but Taarabt is one signing I could not stand.

I'm trying to see the positives in Bendtner, Mutu, Collins etc where everyone else seems to see just negatives (although admittedly I may be scraping the barrel sometimes).

I'd go as far as saying Taarabt's attitude is worse than Bendtner's.. QPR V Arsenal anyone?

N. Warnock - IDIOT, Taarabt - IDIOT (In the nicest words possible)

Can't wait to smash em next season.. Sign Jermaine Jones and give him free license to rough Taarabt up.

That shall be the end of my rant on this matter.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darwen rover, you are aware that we're now going to have 20 pages of debate about the pro's and con's of taraabt don't you lol.

We don't even have to be linked to players for it to happen on here at the moment.

What about bringing in Patrick Vieira and Nigel Reo-Cooker?

Ok Vieira is 34 but Salgado is 35....

Vieira was quite good last season and could do a good job defensively and Nigel Reo-Cooker is a class player if Kean can bring out the best from him?

They would only cost wages.

...+ several million £ in sign on-fees. I wouldn't touch Vieira with a barge pole (and IF he moves from City I'm sure he'll end up in Quatar, MLS or something similar), and surely we should be able to find better players than Reo-Cooker? Europe is our playground, get those scouts working!

Lol.. Ok perhaps we shouldn't buy taraabt the he devil then!! Lol

Just hope we don't pull the 3am bird after being fussy all night?!

Lol nothing personal Darwen Rover tongue.gif.

I do agree with the fat bird part.. haha.

Need to get moving!! Especially if we're fancying these free agents.. they're gonna get offers.

Although doesn't the Euro transfer window only open on 1st July? We've got loadsa time for wonderkids our scouts have found exclusively for us. (See my ambition there)

Nicko...any chance of that 11 o'clocker arriving very shortly?? i am just about to go out the door and make my way to estadio monumental, in lima.

oh BTW....that pm i sent you the other day well, progress is being made. very early doors yet, but things are going in the right direction. cheers.

Haha yeah I definitely respect more constructive responses than my previous one but Taarabt is one signing I could not stand.

I'm trying to see the positives in Bendtner, Mutu, Collins etc where everyone else seems to see just negatives (although admittedly I may be scraping the barrel sometimes).

I'd go as far as saying Taarabt's attitude is worse than Bendtner's.. QPR V Arsenal anyone?

N. Warnock - IDIOT, Taarabt - IDIOT (In the nicest words possible)

Can't wait to smash em next season.. Sign Jermaine Jones and give him free license to rough Taarabt up.

That shall be the end of my rant on this matter.

Stop looking for the positives in Bendtner they are not there :-), and not a huge Collins fan either. Not seen enough of Mutu recently after his troubles over here.

Life could be worse though, could be villa, set to appoint Big Eck in the morning. That would be like us giving Laws the job.

I have been really impressed with Henry Lansbury every time I have seen him, technically sound and got something about him. I would have a look at him, bit of the Bentleys about him

Darwen rover, you are aware that we're now going to have 20 pages of debate about the pro's and con's of taraabt don't you lol.

We don't even have to be linked to players for it to happen on here at the moment.

That's because we haven't so far been really linked with anyone we could see coming here or who sounds like they are in the least bit interested in coming here. If we had one sniff of something actually happening then we'd all concentrate on the pros and cons of that but as it is we have nothing really to debate and yet are endlessly here trying to find something out and while we're here we think we might as well write something.

Great news. We could do with seeing the exact wording of potential new contract to cut down the arguing over the "release/tapping up/make it up as you go along" clause when he leaves (he will, they all do eventually, just accept it, you will feel better when it happens) in X number of years

I have been really impressed with Henry Lansbury every time I have seen him, technically sound and got something about him. I would have a look at him, bit of the Bentleys about him

A very technically gifted player who, for me, proved he can hack it by playing well in a less fashionable Championship club. Wouldn't mind him in the Samba deal.

A very technically gifted player who, for me, proved he can hack it by playing well in a less fashionable Championship club. Wouldn't mind him in the Samba deal.

Never though of that. 12 million and Lansbury and I would accept. He just needs to find his position, but he ticks all boxes for me

i got told tonight that rovers are after collins from villa off a very good source and there no truth in any more deals as kean away on this jollys it that right nicko

Deals will still be made even though Kean is on his hol's.

i got told tonight that rovers are after collins from villa off a very good source and there no truth in any more deals as kean away on this jollys it that right nicko

Not the expert on this but pretty sure I read Kean is back now?

Read that much lately I really can't remember where sorry.

Collins may be a good shout since they're after Dann but I'd imagine there's a lot more in the pipeline than just that atm.

Not everything can stall at this stage.. would be a disaster.

Warnock, Bentley,Sturridge and a centre-back if/when we lose Samba+J Jones.

34M+cost of centre-back and we are cruising. Expecting the flak but that's what I'd like.

I am with you on Betnley. He is still a sublime crosser of the ball which is just what roque or Ade or Kallly or Robbo need.

Archived