BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

So far we've undersold the best young BRITISH centre half to the champions of England.

The captain and fellow centre back Samba is expected to leave.

Pedersen is rumoured to be leaving.

and seemingly Rovers are in a struggle to tie down Jermain Jones who was here for six months, obviously Rovers and Kean didnt impress him that much.

With the spine or back bone of the team that could be potentially missing come next season, then I dont care who we bring in as we will be nailed on relegation certs right from the off.

Just hope the majority are holding off purchasing their season ticket renewals.

WOW!!!

must be great craic in your house!!!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far we've undersold the best young BRITISH centre half to the champions of England.

and seemingly Rovers are in a struggle to tie down Jermain Jones who was here for six months, obviously Rovers and Kean didnt impress him that much.

With the spine or back bone of the team that could be potentially missing come next season, then I dont care who we bring in as we will be nailed on relegation certs right from the off.

We were apaprently willing to offer Jones £80k p/w for five years. I don't like paying those kinds of wages, but if that's what it takes to get Junior to sign a long-term deal, then that's what we should do. Either he's a key player for us for those years, or we sell him for an 8-figure fee sometime in the next few years. Either way, that salary is better than losing him for a small fee this summer or for nothing next.

As far as Pedersen goes, I think he's a confidence player. I remember the player who scored those goals against Fulham, Burnley and (I think) Norwich (That cushioned header to himself past a defender) and some other great ones. He still has the ability to do those things, but for some reason doesn't. I was supportive of Big Sam's work in general, but I don't think our playing style did Pedersen any favours. Which might seem odd as he was the focal point for the set pieces, but in open play it wasn't for him.

I think that assessment is pretty much spot-on. He used to take a brilliant free-kick.

Remember the one at Ewood where we beat Utd 4-3? Pace and swerve--Schmeichel could only palm it out and Bentley (I think) got the rebound. Now they are so hopeless he's rarely asked he clearly has the ability so it must be down to lack of confidence.

Really, JAL, get a grip dear.

We got a reasonable price for Jones in the end, maybe a couple more million, but his head had been turned and under those circumstances he's no use to us, thanks for the money Manchester United and think yourselves lucky because I know for a fact he was(allegedly)tapped up (I've said allegedly for the sake of the board).

If players want to leave, let them, as long as we can get good money for them and can replace them or others can step in. If players don't want to play for Rovers then thank you and goodbye. Players have always come and gone and always will. (no jokes about Ryan Giggs please)

You know full well that Jermaine wants to come and he never was our player so it will be a bonus if we do snare him.

The spine of the team won't be missing, or are we going to play with eight or nine players instead of eleven?

If you are lily-livered enough to consider withdrawing support of YOUR team for no good reason shame on you.

There is a rope about somewhere if you need it, I think MCMC last had it.

Based purely on whats happened and whats being said in the local rag to put it all into context, ignore at your peril, put your head in the sand, but football can change very quickly and a brighter dawn may arise, but at this moment in time this is how it is this is how it looks.

The club have an opportunity to improve on this.

You don't get much attention in real life, do you?

Not really. Rovers are talking to the dad who is the main person to go to over contracts and his son's future.

Your article says we are talking to Juniors dad as he has flown to England, Andy Cryer says we hope to open talks in the next couple of weeks. Not saying your wrong, just that his article implies we are not currently talking to anyone about his contract.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9090982.Blackburn_Rovers_keen_to_extend_Hoilett_deal/

Andy Cryer has a differing view to Nicko saying junior is still away and talks will be held in the next couple of weeks

Andy Cryer is a muppett, and a poor excuse for a journo, dont listen to his rubbish, some of his articles include very poor language and I cant remember one story/rumour he has come out with that has turned out true. The worst thing he's done is when talking about venkys renaming ewood and he placed a picture of Villa Park next to the article

See my recent response to the nodrog and apply it to what you've said. Take note especially of the last line.

Sorry for those of you who've ignored and now have to read this drivel again.

I'd imagine you were one of those that thought the world was going to end last month!

You Jal , write rubbish probably just to get a reaction well you have from me,

Jones undersold i don't think so,30 odd games and £20 million, ta scummley, as soon as Fergie called he went running can't stop that.

Even Tottingham a bigger club than us who finished 5th last season won't be able to stop Modric from moving so get real.

Samba's been wanting to leave for twelve month's if he does then as long as we get the right money i say thanks Chris and we move on.

It's not a struggle to tie down JJ it's up to his club, JJ has said he wants to come back.

Pederson is just that a rumour, read his twitter to see how much he loves this club.

Relegation fodder next year, in your dreams only.

Hold back on season ticket sales, well my Season ticket being bought tomorrow, I am a Rovers Fan.

Speculation: Birmingham City defender Roger Johnson is likely to be in demand following the club's relegation from the Premier League and, according to the Express & Star, Wolves have made a club record equalling £7million bid. Wolves have also offered £3million for Reading centre-half Matt Mills.

Wolves getting cheeky bids in before we get round to it (speculation I know).

£7m would be a good price in my eyes although aren't they valuing him much higher than that?

Matt Mills also a good price.

B'Ham are gonna have some serious dollar after this transfer window.

No sorry I haven't but it is on one of the pages on here, i'm sure one of the other posters will send the link, his account of the preperation for the final game at Wolves was awesome. he really cares. :rover:

I obviously don't know the difference betweem a twitter and a blog, his info is on his Blog, I am a complete twiiter sorry. :(

http://gamst.co.uk

Morten is a true rover fan!!

Keep him. I would like us to play him in the middle as he's very good with the ball and his passing. He can score with freekicks too!

You can also see that he's training on his vacation!! And with a own personal trainer.

Stoke have put in an offer for Dann. We should do the same.

Yes but isn't Johnson better and more cheap?

Slightly off topic but Martin Olsson has just joined Twitter if anyone cares?

Martin Olsson

Also Pedersen on his blog is a legend.. so dedicated and always so disappointed with himself after a poor performance.

Some people may think he's become overrated.. but no-one can argue he doesn't put 100% into BRFC.

Top guy.

Archived