BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

are the rumours true about spurs bid of 6 million plus bentley for samba ?

That would be quite attractive but Bentley can't be priced too high really, chuck in Krancjar and it sounds good!

If Jetome or Huber advised them to sack him then they would consider it but that is very unlikely to happen.

Oh. So those guys are still very much involved then and pulling the strings. That contradicts what was said on here a few weeks ago by someone or other, but is hardly a surprise.

My advice to Mrs Desai is to let the manager manage and get on with it. "Blind Faith" was mentioned in this thread by Bucky earlier, that is what you need to do with BRFC Mrs Desai. Let Kean buy the players he wants. If it goes pear shaped (i.e. all wrong) then you and your Brothers take action. Not Jermone Anderson, it's not his money after all, is it? I mean you have an awful lot of money at stake here don't you (?), not him.

This model has worked for years and years. Do you think Ferguson at Man Utd has to put up with it? Do you think Dalglish at Liverpool does? Wenger? Moyes? McCarthy? Bruce? Hughes? Ince? McKay? Saxton?

Maybe you do. But you'd be wrong and you'd be being badly advised.

Phil Jones has gone. Not much we can do about that when Man U come calling other than get the best price - which you did in a round about way. So I raise my hat. Good work. Lose Samba? Not a good move. That means two new centre halves and good ones don't come cheap.

Then there are the signings we've been promised. These good players that are all lined up and ready to sign for Steve Kean and Blackburn Rovers. As a fan my expectations for next season are quite low, if we stay up I'll be delighted. I'm not too interested in a Ronaldinho type signing to be honest. Save your / our money.

So my question to you Mrs Desai, if indeed you do read this web site (and I have my doubts), is what do you think "top players" will see to entice them to the Rovers? A massive pay rise perhaps? The chance to play for Steve?

The margins between success and failure in sport or business are tiny as you will know. That extra 1% can make all the difference. Steve Kean may well prove himself to be a fantastic manager but at the moment he is an unknown quantity. It's that "unknown quantity" that puts us at a disadvantage when we look to sign the players we are purported to be interested in. Rovers or Juve for instance? Let me think... It isn't going to happen. But I've been wrong before (often). I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make though.

Oh and my final point - good news that your buying Dunny's house and moving nearer to the club (you can't get any nearer) and taking an active interest. Is there any reason why Steve Kean still lives in Surrey? That doesn't show long term commitment to me I'm afraid, and we are in it for the long term after all aren't we. I'd suggest that a house on Nuttall Street in Blackburn (Google it) would be a good idea for him, he could walk home, it's probably for the best.

Anyway, after taking the effort to type all this I'd better keep this on topic. Is the Brazilian we're after Tostao?

Simon Garner in his LT column say we should go for Defoe. I reckon we should go for him personally. he always suggest we should go for Roger Johnson, Stephen Warnock and David Bentley aswell.

Sounds like my kind of guy :tu: (although I don't smoke :unsure: )

Bob you dont really thinks Mrs D reads the forum :o

Stop being so serious, your making me nervous.

Nah! Not for a minute! It's easy to have a laugh when all is well beerwins. Remember the heady days of Dickov and Kuqi for instance? How we laughed! (and never at Paul's surname)

Right now anything could happen. Still with a £20m plus "warchest" what could possibly go wrong?

How I would spend £30m, realistic list...

Rodger Johnson £7m

Jermaine Jones £5m

Nigel Reo-Coker Free

Stephen Warnock £2m

DJ Campbell £3m

Roman Pavlyuchenko £8m

Shaun Wright Phillips £5m

----------------Robinson-----------------

Salgado-Johnson-Givet-Warnock

-------------------Jones-------------------

SWP-------Reo-Coker-----Olsson

----------------------Hoilett---------------

---------Pavlyuchenko-----------------

Bench: Nelsen, Emerton, Dunn, Formica, Campbell, Roberts, Rochina

Nah! Not for a minute! It's easy to have a laugh when all is well beerwins. Remember the heady days of Dickov and Kuqi for instance? How we laughed! (and never at Paul's surname)

Right now anything could happen. Still with a £20m plus "warchest" what could possibly go wrong?

You probably could'nt buy a player with Dickov's heart and Kuqi's character for 20 million in today's game.

Sad really.

My issue is that there are as many reasons to be optimistic about the club's future as there are to be concerned. I'm far happier going into this window under Venky's than I ever was under the Trust.

WHY? We are selling our best players have just narrowly avoided relegation and clearly have the worst manager in the premier league,we constantly get linked to world class players,get real excited then realise it was yet another publicity stunt,actions speak louder than words time for venky's to put or shut up,Hoillet still not nailed down to a new deal if he leaves will you still be optimistic for the future,Samba,Pedersen,Hoillet and Kalinic could realistically leave before the start of the season it's great having money but who can Kean convince to come to Rovers and not just for a big pay day but someone who wants to play for us.

Rodger Johnson £8m

Jermaine Jones £5m

Nigel Reo-Coker Free

Stephen Warnock £2m

DJ Campbell £3m

Roman Pavlyuchenko £7m

----------------Robinson-----------------

Salgado-Johnson-Givet-Warnock

------------------Jones------------------

SWP-------Reo-Coker-----Olsson

--------------Hoilett---------

--------Pavlyuchenko----------

Bench: Nelsen, Emerton, Dunn, Formica, Campbell, Roberts, Rochina

Besides big roger in defense, that'd be the shortest team in the league! At least leave the zonz in!

Rodger Johnson £7m

Jermaine Jones £5m

Nigel Reo-Coker Free

Stephen Warnock £2m

DJ Campbell £3m

Roman Pavlyuchenko £8m

I wouldn't take DJ Campbell for anything more than £1.5m, even then I'm not sure he'd add much to a team like ours, where he wouldn't be first choice striker or be provided the same amount of opportunities as he was at Blackpool. SWP is an odd one, in one way you feel he may want to prove something to those who doubt his ability any more, maybe try and work his way back into the England set up. On the other, has he taken his pay cheque and lost whatever he had that made him special, his pace still there?

No problem with the other signings, not sure what Reo-Coker would really bring, think we should be looking at better and younger alternatives.

Trust me kean will come good! In the changing rooms at Ewood I was reading all the set pieces and instructions from the united game! Excellent stuff!

I was in there again today and noticed one I missed before! It was the left hand side free kick set up and it showed who to aim for and who was picking up the 2nd ball! JH, BE and JJ to pick up the second ball! If you saw the goal emerton scored and the board you would realise how well organised we are becoming!

I have faith anyways!

First player in will be local!

Oh get over yourself 47er...just because I don't slavishly toe your party line and am prepared to give Kean a go, that makes me a half-wit?

You're losing more marbles than you can afford! I replied to someone else not you so get over yourself yourself! (Its not about YOU!) :wacko:

If someone thinks of other posters as "half-wits' I've every right to turn it back on him. So mind your own business.

Rodger Johnson £7m

Jermaine Jones £5m

Nigel Reo-Coker Free

Stephen Warnock £2m

DJ Campbell £3m

Roman Pavlyuchenko £8m

The good news is that DJ Campbell has a £1.2 million release clause in his contract.

The bad news is that Wright-Phillips is a bag-o-@#/?. And Pavlyuchenko would never leave for that little,

Archived