BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ on a bike. I've wasted a few minutes of my life wading through yet more infighting, insults and childish behaviour. How about people keep all the handbags on PM so those who want to read about transfer rumours. You know, the topic of this thread?

I'll repeat my question to Nicko, Kamy or anyone else who seems to have sources so it doesn't get lost: A friend at work said that SSN ran a story claiming Adebyor flew in from Spain for talks. Is there anything in this? Or would Monday be an appropriate day to answer this?

There is that thread, but this one is occaisionally interesting as it has contributions from Nicko, BPF, Kamy etc. and isn't only for links. I'm just against the name calling nonsense and factional infighting. The whole 'everyone who doesn't want to stab Kean is a moron', or 'all Samists are enemies of football' stuff is pointless and off-topic. It makes me think of the dogmatic guff the extreme left used to indulge in during Communism's reign.

As Kamy has already said, Venkys PR are very confident that we are going to be signing players this coming week.

They seem as confident about this as they did about grabbing Brazilian Ronnie, so fingers crossed! :unsure:

Seriously though, what they are trying to do behind the scenes at the moment is filling me with a little bit of cautious hope for the future. Regardless of what has been said in the past, in a business sense they are extremely switched on. I believe that in a year from now, they will be a lot more popular than they are today.

As Kamy has already said, Venkys PR are very confident that we are going to be signing players this coming week.

They seem as confident about this as they did about grabbing Brazilian Ronnie, so fingers crossed! :unsure:

Seriously though, what they are trying to do behind the scenes at the moment is filling me with a little bit of cautious hope for the future. Regardless of what has been said in the past, in a business sense they are extremely switched on. I believe that in a year from now, they will be a lot more popular than they are today.

i will be honest i feel exactly the same. They may not know much about football but their business sense is second to none.

ADEBAYOR...did reply to that one a day or so ago...I don't see any way that Rovers are paying those wages.

SUMMIT...is going to be very crucial this week...all of the main players at the club will be in situ and things should start moving.

CENTRE HALF [OR TWO]...there is another one you are actively in for but he is [a] too expensive just now and some big hitters are also in...so don't over-heat about that yet.

MIRANDA...waiting on outcome of interception bid.

There are 'live' things going on just now, but it will really start to crackle next week.

BPF is correct. Some big things planned. But turning plans into signings is a different matter altogether.

Does it seem that they've learnt not to give it large like they did with Ronaldinho then? As a poster said a while ago, I hope we don't go mental with wages, otherwise we could do a Portsmouth. I'm not expecting Neymar, Kaka or suchlike for the Brazilian link. Perhaps someone less well known or high profile like Wagner Love (or whatever his name is) or perhaps even this Ganso character.

With South American players, I hope for younger, up-and-coming players who'll be worth a shedload later on rather than older players who are established names and would want huge wages. Or complete unknowns who turn out to be great like Samba or Nelsen.

P.S. Thanks Nicko for replying. I must have missed it. I'd not stump up £100,000+ p/w for Adebuyor, so if that is what he demands, I'd look elsewhere.

WHY? We are selling our best players have just narrowly avoided relegation and clearly have the worst manager in the premier league,we constantly get linked to world class players,get real excited then realise it was yet another publicity stunt,actions speak louder than words time for venky's to put or shut up,Hoillet still not nailed down to a new deal if he leaves will you still be optimistic for the future,Samba,Pedersen,Hoillet and Kalinic could realistically leave before the start of the season it's great having money but who can Kean convince to come to Rovers and not just for a big pay day but someone who wants to play for us.

There are plenty of clubs who would love to be in our shoes. In particular, West Ham, Blackpool and Big Club... <_<

not based it on anything just givng my opinion as a response. I honestly have a good feeling about whats happening here. Maybe im a fool for it i dunno we will just have to wait and see.

Oh. Thought they had done something down at Ewood that I missed.

Let`s hope so BPF :tu:

As it stands their reputation is somewhat tarnished with the rash decisions they have made up to now.But if the right kind of players are signed and we hit the ground running in August then maybe the media might start to view them in a different light.I`m sure Venky`s want this venture to succeed as much as we do as nobody will want to deal with a company that`s a laughing stock (remember Ratners?).

For now i`m cautiously optimistic about the future of Rovers and lets hope that come August,Venky`s will have done enough to convince the supporters that the club is in the right hands.

With regards to players,I feel we need a left-back as i think Givet is far better at centre-half.Also if we can get J.Jones back on a permanent basis that would be great business.The main signings though have to be at least 2 quality strikers.

Oh and can we shift at least some of the deadwood? Zurab Rigters and Grella in that order would be great.Thanks.

SUMMIT...is going to be very crucial this week...all of the main players at the club will be in situ and things should start moving.

Is Jerome Anderson going to be incharge of negotiating transfer that Kean wants?

Is Philippe Huber going to be at rovers next week?

remember Ratners?).

Oh and can we shift at least some of the deadwood? Zurab Rigters and Grella in that order would be great.Thanks.

Who's Ratners? Sorry for being ignorant but I don't think I've heard of them.

Zurab and Rigters have already been released, by the way. It was on Sportinglife. Here you go: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/blackburn/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/06/16/manual_120551.html&TEAMHD=blackburn&DIV=prem&TEAM=BLACKBURN--ROVERS&RH=Blackburn--Rovers&PREV_SEASON=&BID=318

Oh hark at you looking at the reality of things.

The time to judge is when the transfer window slams shut. By which time we'll know what everything means and is all about my good man. Until then we must gird our loins and embrace the transfer window in all it's majestic splendour. And renew our season tickets.

The only difference to previous seasons being the lack of closing on on a mystery striker

Zurab and Rigters have already been released, by the way. It was on Sportinglife. Here you go: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/blackburn/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/06/16/manual_120551.html&TEAMHD=blackburn&DIV=prem&TEAM=BLACKBURN--ROVERS&RH=Blackburn--Rovers&PREV_SEASON=&BID=318

Big High Street jewellers. Owner opened his mouth and said the stuff they were selling was rubbish. Sales plummet, end of Ratners hence why you have never heard of them

Cheers thanks for the link. :tu:

Archived