BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Potts

Get rid- they need the harsh reality of life to bite them, but I suppose academy players are on decent money which means they think they rule the world.

Unfortunately someone else will profit from taking them on if you get rid.

Unfortunately someone else will profit from taking them on if you get rid.

That's fine but a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

I know a number of ex pupils who were trainees at a local club and the club soon got rid when the 'big time Charlie' ego appeared.

That's fine but a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

I know a number of ex pupils who were trainees at a local club and the club soon got rid when the 'big time Charlie' ego appeared.

Don't disagree with anything you say here imy9, unfortunately this is the standard by which Rovers are being currently governed by.

I can't be outraged over this as I've never seen the guy but there is no conspiracy if he's not thought good enough then fair enough, remember Raffale De Vita, some people were upset when he went but he's hardly set the world on fire, and theres been plenty more.

Out of all the young lads we've let go how many have proved good enough? Walters maybe but that was different.

Jonathan Walters was highly thought of by the football club but the harsh reality is that unfortunately for BRFC is that certain events happened which meant that the academy had to make a moral decision on him and even though in my opinion they made the right one it also cost us long term as in transfer fees etc judging by his career since

Don't disagree with anything you say here imy9, unfortunately this is the standard by which Rovers are being currently governed by.

I find this a bizarre statement when this season we have seen the best crop of youngsters establish themselves in the first team in at least twelve years (Hoilett, Jones and Olsson), and there are at least three - albeit less talented - further players in the pipeline (Lowe, Hanley, Morris).

Not sure it is realistic to expect more from the youth squad. Most teams are lucky if they get one decent young player breaking through in a season. For Rovers it is seven years since Gallagher and Derbyshire came through, who ultimately didn't make the grade and were sold for a combined amount of 3m, and now we have Hoilett, Olsson and Jones whose current combined value must be around 40m quid and will certainly all be playing top level european football in their careers.

Shouldn't we be praising the academy set up?!

I find this a bizarre statement when this season we have seen the best crop of youngsters establish themselves in the first team in at least twelve years (Hoilett, Jones and Olsson), and there are at least three - albeit less talented - further players in the pipeline (Lowe, Hanley, Morris).

If it was down to JAL, we wouldn't have an academy.

If it was down to JAL, we wouldn't have an academy.

Now you are being stupid Topman, this started as one highly talented, well regarded, yet problematic boy thats all which seems to have grown.

Hopefully by highlighting this on the supporters message board it will be addressed, and the academy WILL act in a positive fashion by getting on top of the situation.

Now you are being stupid Topman, this started as one highly talented, well regarded, yet problematic boy thats all which seems to have grown.

Hopefully by highlighting this on the supporters message board it will be addressed, and the academy WILL act in a positive fashion by getting on top of the situation.

I still remember the hard time you gave Hoilett, which made you look rather silly.

Not to mention the crap you gave Lowe on his debut.

You clearly have a problem with cutting younger players a break.

I still remember the hard time you gave Hoilett, which made you look rather silly.

Not to mention the crap you gave Lowe on his debut.

You clearly have a problem with cutting younger players a break.

At the time, I was right about Hoilett and still stand by my view on Lowe not a top prem player.

When watching Hoilett for the reserves against Bolton at the LFA ground, I stated in a reserve game thread that Hoilett then, should be played more, prior to that though he had shown no end product to his game which I was correct with saying at the time.

Thankfully he came through, Kean gave him more game time, though I never said this on the Blackpool home game thread, Hoilett was the chief culprit in Rovers not beating Blackpool on that day despite his last minute equaliser. If, If, bloody if, Hoilett had performed better that day with his end product Rovers would have won comfortably 5-2 or maybe by even more goals.

Now i'm screaming from the roof tops for Rovers not to sell Phil Jones so giving young players a break dont think you read me closely enough, only the ones I rate or deemed good enough for Blackburn Rovers get the praise.

By the way dont rate young Morris must'nt forget that one.

Not sure it is realistic to expect more from the youth squad. Most teams are lucky if they get one decent young player breaking through in a season. For Rovers it is seven years since Gallagher and Derbyshire came through, who ultimately didn't make the grade and were sold for a combined amount of 3m, and now we have Hoilett, Olsson and Jones whose current combined value must be around 40m quid and will certainly all be playing top level european football in their careers.

Shouldn't we be praising the academy set up?!

Yes, Tom Finn and Phil Cannon deserve the praise for that.

Now i'm screaming from the roof tops for Rovers not to sell Phil Jones so giving young players a break dont think you read me closely enough, only the ones I rate or deemed good enough for Blackburn Rovers get the praise.

I think we should read through your early views on Phil Jones - when most of us who saw him play for the reserves picked out a future first team player. I'll only link the first quote, the rest are there for all to see anyway!

The three young lads arent good enough Ollson, Hoilett and Jones. You're being far, far, far too kind on these lads.

Jones won't be good enough to start in the league next week, no S H * T ... The ball went through Jones legs for the second he then lost his bearings allowing a psoh player a free shot a goal ... The rest nothing special, even young Jones ... Jones let the ball go over his head for Villas first goal ... Having watched three and a half youth games, got to say, I cant see what Phil Jones has football wise ...

In 2009 THEY werent good enough, today 2011 they are good enough, like a game of football it moves on.

Right then and right again are you not allowed to change ends come half time. :D

In 2009 THEY werent good enough, today 2011 they are good enough, like a game of football it moves on.

Right then and right again are you not allowed to change ends come half time. :D

Just proves how quickly and unfairly you are to write-off our younger players.

Rubbishing Jones after 3½ youth games? Don't quit your day job, mate.

So JAL basically didnt believe Jones, Olsson & Hoilett would make it? :unsure: Ouch!

Ramm will be the next one if any of them at the moment.

I thought that too, he looked a very good player, however, I was extremely impressed with Adam Henley and he has pushed on in front of Ramm this year, still think Ramm will come but Centre Back Peacock and Henley could make a push forward next year and Micah Evans if he progresses could be another, he has a terrific turn of pace!!

Archived