BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Potts

I have heard that we have released Michael Potts ? I thought he was going to be in the first team this comming season.

Now that would be a surprise, he looked a decent lad when I watched him, however what I dont know is what is behind him, there may be a couple of younger lads with greater promise, a club cant keep everyone I suppose but it sucks that we lose someone like him to free up younger places and then we sign Myles Anderson!!!

Doesnt make sense does it?

I've heard from a couple of people at Brockhall that Potts is a big-time 'Billy Big Balls' of the Sergio Peter variety.

Heard similar things about Robbie Cotton, who thinks he's now a superstar after being on the bench in an FA Cup game.

That said, the same people tell me that Niko Kalinic is a quiet/introverted lad who just gets his head down and puts in a decent shift every training session (also is the best finisher at the club by a wide margin), which goes against what others have put on here, so who knows.

Ultimately, if we're releasing Potts to a Scottish team, he really can't be up to too much.

:rolleyes: Have you even seen any of the two lads mentioned?? :unsure:

Lowe is ahead of Potts, so not suprised by the move to be honest

Yes Hughesy I have. Anderson played for the Reserves in a few pre-season games and wasn't very good. Judging by the fact that he can't get a game at Aberdeen it would appear that having your father as the agent of the manager can be advantageous to your career.

I don't believe that Potts is Premier League quality, and I feel the same about Morris and Aley. Lowe needs more experience - possibly with a Championship club for a few months. While I have no problem with Potts being released I find it strange that we are bringing in a lad who has failed to make the grade with Leyton Orient and Aberdeen. Now if Anderson, remembering that he is a defender, got in the Reserve side ahead of Jackson Ramm, Adam Henley or Matty Pearson I think supporters would have something to complain about.

I've heard from a couple of people at Brockhall that Potts is a big-time 'Billy Big Balls' of the Sergio Peter variety.

Heard similar things about Robbie Cotton, who thinks he's now a superstar after being on the bench in an FA Cup game.

That said, the same people tell me that Niko Kalinic is a quiet/introverted lad who just gets his head down and puts in a decent shift every training session (also is the best finisher at the club by a wide margin), which goes against what others have put on here, so who knows.

Ultimately, if we're releasing Potts to a Scottish team, he really can't be up to too much.

I'd listen to those people, they seem to know what they're talking about.

Yes Hughesy I have.

Thats very good - I know you attend reserve games, aswell as academy ones - but I didnt quote you! :P

I trust your judgement - but to be honest I dont think Anderson will do much here anyway, so im not too worried about him. In terms of Potts I dont think he will ever make the prem

Thats very good - I know you attend reserve games, aswell as academy ones - but I didnt quote you! :P

I trust your judgement - but to be honest I dont think Anderson will do much here anyway, so im not too worried about him. In terms of Potts I dont think he will ever make the prem

Making the first team here isn't all that the academy is about, though, is it?

Surely we should be looking at generating even modest transfer fees/sell on fees etc?

We should be looking to these sort of clauses. Look at Arsenal and Bentley, for example.

• Backroom

I can't be outraged over this as I've never seen the guy but there is no conspiracy if he's not thought good enough then fair enough, remember Raffale De Vita, some people were upset when he went but he's hardly set the world on fire, and theres been plenty more.

Out of all the young lads we've let go how many have proved good enough? Walters maybe but that was different.

Really? A thread about michael potts being released? Are we really that bored that we are outraged about a lad that 90% of rovers fans will never have never heard of has gone to play in scotland? I was probably as close to playing in the first team as he was.

Cotton is far better than Potts.

This is no suprise to me, he was never going to step up!

Hearing the new youth team coach is struggling with the discipline of a few youngsters down at Brockhall.

Hearing the new youth team coach is struggling with the discipline of a few youngsters down at Brockhall.

Perhaps blame the new parents who live in with them?!

Too many kids these days think they have made it just because they play for an academy or whatever!

Perhaps blame the new parents who live in with them?!

Too many kids these days think they have made it just because they play for an academy or whatever!

Nothing to do with the live in parents from what i'm told Hughesy. One talented young lad seems to have a big behaviour problem.

Archived