BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part Two

BRFCS Content

Please only discuss transfers in this thread, any other discussion should be in other threads.

Thus far Phil Jones has moved to Manchester United for an undisclosed fee, it is believed to be £16.5 million up front with an additional £4 million based on targets. Chris Samba continues to be linked with a move to Arsenal although no bid has been made yet.

There have been no incomings but Rovers have been linked with many different players over the last couple of weeks. With a reported budget of £26 million there are likely to be signings made in the coming weeks.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still believe, that the likes of Palacios,.Krankjar, Denilson, Bentley, Defoe etc will be better value for money. it will also be a safe move, as they will be able to hit the ground running.

Disappointed to read from Nicko that we are not looking at signing any left-back at all. Givet is not a left-back but can do a passable job there. However he won't play every game next season even if he stays. and there must be some liklihood of him playing in the centre.

If the thinking is that we can always play Olsson there, then its flawed thinking.

Disappointed to read from Nicko that we are not looking at signing any left-back at all. Givet is not a left-back but can do a passable job there. However he won't play every game next season even if he stays. and there must be some liklihood of him playing in the centre.

If the thinking is that we can always play Olsson there, then its flawed thinking.

I think we need a left back and a young right back to take over from Salgado. I've said it before but I'll say it again, I think we should try bidding for Danny Rose from Tottenham. He's a good left footed prospect who'll turn into a very good left wing back/winger. £3.5m perhaps?

Speaking of Tottenham, how much would Giovani dos Santos cost?

We need a plan and its obvious Rovers don't have one.

But June is always a month of paper talk as everyone is away. If Samba wants to go that is fine he should be allowed to go for as much as we can get.

May main worry Kean is going to be spending the money and his signing in Jan were poor. Of course singing anyone is difficult in Jan. I would also like to know

why Bayern Munich can just turn up and sign a youngster and there seems to be nothing Rovers can do. I would guess still not have the correct number of people in the back office is responsible for that.

But June is always a month of paper talk as everyone is away. If Samba wants to go that is fine he should be allowed to go for as much as we can get.

May main worry Kean is going to be spending the money and his signing in Jan were poor. Of course singing anyone is difficult in Jan. I would also like to know

why Bayern Munich can just turn up and sign a youngster and there seems to be nothing Rovers can do. I would guess still not have the correct number of people in the back office is responsible for that.

Obvious they don't have a plan.. were the heck did you conjure that idea up from.

If anything the exact opposite is true, so far meetings have been held to plan and sort budgets etc in India and Switzerland and the final big meeting and push for players is kicking off next week with all appropriate parties.

We are already in for a central defender and have been sniffing around a few other options.

We have already been looking at strikers.

Not many signings have been done so far by any clubs, so its likely if we kick off next week as per plan then we will be ahead of the other clubs in the EPL.

If we land Miranda we will of saved a few million on our budget by picking up a 26yr old brazilian international on a free thus giving us a better idea on the budget for the other positions.

Personally don't think Keans Jan signings where that bad, two youngsters both highly rated, we tried out RSC (always going to be a gamble, but when he played he was our best striker) and we grabbed the much needed Jermaine Jones who when he settled in helped us stay in the league.

Sure Venkys messed up on numerous aspects, we should of never got rid of Sam when we did for example, but they are obviously learning and dealt with the Jones situation allot better than I had expected (getting an extra 4m, adding a sell on clause and not simply rolling over to the apparent big boys) even from a PR perspective which is one of their weakest points so far.

Sure Bayern nicked a youngster of us.. but the lad was hardly setting the academy alight, might just be that he wasnt fancied by our youth coach?

Also we have shipped out a fair ammount of dead wood.. Rigters, Zurub, Benjani, Brown and co already gone with a couple more to follow.

Our problem is scoring goals and creating good chances - im happy thats the area we are looking to fix first.

2 x 15+ goals a season strikers and some creation in midfield please

Kind of agree Hughesy.. but have to say when given was out and Olsson was forced to play left back we looked far far weaker attacking than with him on the left wing.

On the left full, I'm sure kean sees Olson in that role going forward. I didn't like that in the past because Olson is so good going forward and we need every attacking advantage available with our current strike force but I expect we will now sign a striker and a left winger who can double a forward (plus jones' replacement and jj). Olson has improved defensively last season which will hopefully continue so if we get a new winger we'll be sorted on the whole left side without having to buy a left full. I'd say they'll try introduce an academy lad for back up to Salgado

I can't believe we keep getting done for those bloody sell on clauses. We could have easily made a deal for an unwanted reserve team player without adding it in, another £200k or so on top probably would have done the trick.

For all the good work JW did, that was one really poor part of the previous regime. We've lost out on millions. At least Desai doesn't seem a soft touch so maybe we won't be so soft in the negotiations from now on.

I doubt that when we signed Samba for what? 650K we would have expected to be looking at selling him on for 16 mill or so. So we lose 15% but 85% of 16 mil is a nice chunk over 650K. Let's not be greedy/ I doubt there are many deals done nowadays with cheaper players where there are not sell ons, if it keeps the original price down and we make money on it it's all good.

I doubt that when we signed Samba for what? 650K we would have expected to be looking at selling him on for 16 mill or so. So we lose 15% but 85% of 16 mil is a nice chunk over 650K. Let's not be greedy/ I doubt there are many deals done nowadays with cheaper players where there are not sell ons, if it keeps the original price down and we make money on it it's all good.

Agree there, one of our weakspots in the past has been selling players and not including sell on clauses, would not be suprised to see fielding with one as well.. and hell the Jones sell on clause is rather nice to say the least.

We need to hold onto Samba. He has said he may stay depending on who comes in, so I'm hoping that we can bring in some quality players to convince him.

Losing Jones wasn't ideal, but losing Samba will hurt the team severely. For the last few seasons he has been vital for this team as a defensive presence and an attacking threat at set-pieces. He is also one of the more experienced players in the team. Losing him will severely weaken the squad and we will struggle next season as a result. No matter what replacements we bring in, they need to integrate into the squad and this will take time.

Kean went to India last week to speak to the owners about his transfer targets

On Kean way back to England in went to Kentaro offices in Swizterland to discuss who where his targets and whether their had any ideas for players

This week, the owners, JA, PH and Kean are at Brockhall and Ewood Park to get players signed. So except about 2 to 3 signings to be made in the next week or so.

Let's try to be positive! :rolleyes::o:D

I hate it when we have money to spend then sell a player and then the only money we spend is from the sale of our players and the initial transfer budget goes missing. Happens all the time with Rovers. I just cant see us spending £26M plus Samba's fee if he goes.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you here. However, it's difficult to attract top quality players to a club fighting relegation and, therefore, almost impossible to spend that kind of money.

Saying that, I'd still want to see the money invested in the squad over the next two or three seasons. Unfortunately, it will be swallowed up by the club.

We could get £50m each for the Samba and Jones and we'd still be considerably weaker on the pitch.

I think Seb Larsson on a free would have been a good addition.

What lets him down?

Not alot,can go missing i guess.But on the whole excellent player,teams would not be able to hold a high defensive line against you.

Roma after 18 million for Vucinic checked that yesterday.Not even worth that.Haven't checked anything with Juventus for days.

Jonathan Biabiany would cost £6-8 million.fit your clubs vision too,only 23.

Carlos Vela,Emanuele Giaccherini & Marco Parolo excellent players too you could sign.

Sotiris Ninis.

Archived