BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part Two

BRFCS Content

I am going to try to make this sound organised. In all honesty it is not...

KEANE...you are dealing with Spurs...all the best with that.

CISSE...wages a problem.

BAEZ...probably not been 'announced' because it is low profile and perhaps there is no ribbon in the typewriter.

MIRANDA...clock ticking.

PIATTI...farcical.

Oh and there may be a left back on one of these lists after all.

More lists than balls for training.

[That's an in joke]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not dissimiliar. What does any prospective employee look for in an employer - reputation, stability, effective management, ambition, realism, integrity and the right 'package'.

How many of these boxes are Rovers presently ticking ?

Well we have ambition down to a manic level.

• Backroom

I'm actually glad the wages are an issue with Cisse, £70k or whatever he wants just seems too high. Problem is if we miss target after target we end up with another dud at the last minute like we did with Kalinic.

Same goes for Keane, I wouldn't mind him here but not on top wages.

Not dissimiliar. What does any prospective employee look for in an employer - reputation, stability, effective management, ambition, realism, integrity and the right 'package'.

The same as Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea, Spurs etc etc, all of whom haven't made any purchase so far either.

Disastrous transfer window so far, sod waiting till September the 1st, if Robbie Kean is the best they can come up with.

Come on guys, until the thing is done we can't judge. It's farcical because of reports we hear coming out of the club, nothing is official. That isn't to say that the information that the likes of Nicko, Kamy and BPF are getting isn't correct, but it is June 29th and it isn't the time to start jumping on the backs of anyone at the club.

Hopefully we will get our business done fairly early, that is the sensible way to do it, but these things take time.

I'm actually glad the wages are an issue with Cisse, £70k or whatever he wants just seems too high. Problem is if we miss target after target we end up with another dud at the last minute like we did with Kalinic.

I agree.

We are way to vulnerable to blow our wage structure.

Now we will see how much Papiss wanna play in the blue and whites.

Disastrous transfer window so far, sod waiting till September the 1st, if Robbie Kean is the best they can come up with.

You are quickly becoming a joke around here JAL, with your irrational off the cuff remarks to encourage as many responses as possible.

I recall another poster doing the very same a few years back, he had to come back as mk11, you’re heading down that route.

Spot on TCO :tu:

It's a fair point you make there. However realistically the biggest factors that influence the decision of where a player is going to go are:- wage, level of quality of collegues, level of quality of competiton, likelihood of winning trophies. Man Utd are so so far beyond us on all four of those fronts that the comparison is daft. Man Utd can offer three times our wages, have a team stuffed with the finest players in world football, compete in the Champions League and won the Premier League last season.

We had plenty of intergrity under John Williams, and Utd had plenty of instability in the early glazer years. I did not see many players hiking their way from Old Trafford to Ewood. Why? Because of those four fundamental factors.

If you want a sensible comparison look at other mid table clubs.

The same as Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea, Spurs etc etc, all of whom haven't made any purchase so far either.

Erm...

Sorry but they are pretty much topped up nicely in terms of players as it is.

We are left with the tattered scraps of clothing after another big club raping and Arse are quickly pulling on a ski mask to partake in our still twitching corpse.

I am going to try to make this sound organised. In all honesty it is not...

KEANE...you are dealing with Spurs...all the best with that.

CISSE...wages a problem.

BAEZ...probably not been 'announced' because it is low profile and perhaps there is no ribbon in the typewriter.

MIRANDA...clock ticking.

PIATTI...farcical.

Oh and there may be a left back on one of these lists after all.

More lists than balls for training.

[That's an in joke]

WHAT! no head banging. Unbelievable.

PIATTI...farcical.

From what you said the other day he would be happy to come to the club, yet no news whatsoever of bids for him by Rovers. He's a quality player and if we could get him for £8-10m it's a bargain. A season or two in this league and he will be worth at least double that.

By the sounds of it Rovers need to stop wasting their time on targets that are clearly out of their reach and ones that are well past it.

I agree.

We are way to vulnerable to blow our wage structure.

Now we will see how much Papiss wanna play in the blue and whites.

That's the right idea, but the wrong attitude. This shouldn't be about how much Cisse wants to play for us as he is a professional footballer and will go to what seems like the right career choice (for both his own financial gain and footballing future), but it is true that paying 60-70k for a relatively untested forward seems a bit unwise. I have no problem offering that sort of wage up to a player with a better record behind him, but this just seems like too big of a risk to take.

Come on guys, until the thing is done we can't judge. It's farcical because of reports we hear coming out of the club, nothing is official. That isn't to say that the information that the likes of Nicko, Kamy and BPF are getting isn't correct, but it is June 29th and it isn't the time to start jumping on the backs of anyone at the club.

Hopefully we will get our business done fairly early, that is the sensible way to do it, but these things take time.

Remember the olden days when all we had was Teamtalk and the LT, there could have been all kinds of palavas going on, but we wouldn't have a clue.

We wouldn't expect to have our squad sorted by the end of June. Patience- if it all comes to nothing then I will be livid, but at this point, everyone needs to calm down.

Sanity at last!

Gav, the issue here is not how many players a,b,c have signed but what the 'blockers' are specific to Rovers at this time.

That's the right idea, but the wrong attitude. This shouldn't be about how much Cisse wants to play for us as he is a professional footballer and will go to what seems like the right career choice (for both his own financial gain and footballing future), but it is true that paying 60-70k for a relatively untested forward seems a bit unwise. I have no problem offering that sort of wage up to a player with a better record behind him, but this just seems like too big of a risk to take.

Sometimes the right move is to play hardball and risk losing out on a couple of targets.

We are just a small town club with a low turnover and can't blow our wage structure.

If Papiss Cisse doesnt join - there are fish in the pond.

I think its also quite special that he is only linked to Russian teams.

Erm...

Sorry but they are pretty much topped up nicely in terms of players as it is.

Erm...

All the clubs mentioned will be doing business in this transfer window and are yet to make purchases, no different to us.

If Cisse thinks he is worth £70,000 a week then he should earn it. £45,000 a week £10,000 appearance bonus and £15,000 goal bonus no matter if its one or a hattrick.

Either that or offer him £45,000 per week & tell him to prove he is worth £70,000

Id love to see Cisse come to Rovers but I hate the power todays players have. This guy is being offered the chance to show his skills on one of the biggest stages.

Yes, he deserves a pay rise but he has zero experience of the premier league!!

Contract News: Barcelona have extended the contract of highly-rated midfielder Thiago Alcantara to 2015 and have increased his buy-out clause to 90million euros (£81m). Alcantara, who impressed at the European Under 21 Championship for Spain, was linked with a string of Premier League clubs, including Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United.

If Cisse thinks he is worth £70,000 a week then he should earn it. £45,000 a week £10,000 appearance bonus and £15,000 goal bonus no matter if its one or a hattrick.

Thats what I was thinking with regards to his wages, either stagger it that with bonus payments for apps, goal etc. Or give him say 35-40k a week for the first year with an agrement to up it if he hits say 15 goals in his first year. That way the onus is on him to prove that he's worth the extra wage.

Also it buys us sometime to clear out some of the drain on our wage bill. Grella, Andrews, Diouf.

Archived