BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part Two

BRFCS Content

Another "target" about to join someone else. Matt Mills to Wolves it seems.

Can we not say targets please..no one actually knows the targets..

can we not just say "Another player linked is about to join someone else. Matt Mills to Wolves it seems"

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I appreciate the original point about how to get your business done, but comparing Manure to Rovers isn't realistic. Negotiations for players going there will be far simpler- 'do you want to join the current champions, earn more money and play with better players?'

ADEBAYOR...not been on any of the many lists as far as I know...

NKOULO...never heard that name mentioned.

MILLS...are we having a laugh linking him with Rovers?...or just trying to add fuel to the fire.

BAEZ...has signed...he has even got a house for his folks sorted out.

EVERYTHING ELSE...chaotic.

You would have thought that we would have heard something by now if Kean wants to achieve his target of getting 'one or two' players in by the time pre-season starts and we go to Austria for our training camp.

On our squad being good enough we are weaker now than last season I don't see how anyone can disagree with that. Will that change by the end of the transfer window? We will have to wait and see.

MILLS...are we having a laugh linking him with Rovers?...or just trying to add fuel to the fire.

is there any news of us putting a bid in for sumone else soon also are the robbie kean stories true?

Nicko hows things for Papiss Cisse...Still chaotic as ever?

Really suprised that no one has stumped up for Parker yet, thought he would be sold pretty quick.. Wham have made it fairly slear he is available *shrug*

Probably the most over rated player in the EPL last year. Started amazing and then bugger all, anonymous against Switzerland last time I saw him play.

Niko has there been any movement in regards to sorting the chaos (or any clarification on it), or should we take a break from this board for a few weeks?

How to do your business, see MUFC, 1,2,3, Jones, Young and now Gea. Identify targets, be decisive and secure.

You can only do business like that if you are of similar stature to Man Utd, which we are not, so it’s a silly point that serves only to whip up the posters that don’t know any better ;)

Probably the most over rated player in the EPL last year. Started amazing and then bugger all, anonymous against Switzerland last time I saw him play.

Really? He was the only realistic hope West Ham had of staying in the league. Played well despite being in a god awful team under a poor manager. Maybe not the greatest for England but similar to Darren Bent, plays well for his club but not his country.

He would walk into our midfield, he is exactly the sort of midfielder we should be looking at.

Nicko,

Anychance we will be announcing the signing of Baez soon?

Really? He was the only realistic hope West Ham had of staying in the league. Played well despite being in a god awful team under a poor manager. Maybe not the greatest for England but similar to Darren Bent, plays well for his club but not his country.

He would walk into our midfield, he is exactly the sort of midfielder we should be looking at.

That's more a reflection the poor quality of the Rover CM's than how good Parker is.

thought he played well most of the season with wham pretty much imploding when he was injured, but yeah was annonymus in that one game against Switzerland.. didn't he win player of the month in Feb after some storming performances.. and then go on to win the football writers player of the year?

theyre MAN UNITED! not hard to tap up and attract players there is it! theyre massive.. dont compare rovers to them.. :wstu:

Clearly, you have no business experience. Sound business principles are the same whether you operate within Primark or Harrods.

Essentials are to be organised and structured, plan short and long term, be decisive, execute plan, review plan on ongoing basis, flex plan in line with changing business circumstances, make sure business needs are met.

Simple really but not, IMO, evident where Rovers concerned.

Fair enough commentary I suppose if you believe that there is no life away from this board. Going only off what is posted on here then I guess that you may draw these conclusions. However I believe that people talk to each other away from the board and that in reality much more is known than is posted here. People who tried to post stuff in the past get beaten up and ridiculed for being in the know and get told to sling their hook.

That said consider the following in a game of 'suppose':

Suppose that the Venky's own the club collectively in name only and that the real power and trump card is say Balaji ie what he says goes, period.

Suppose that Kean and the collective Venkys plus say Kentaro come up with several lists of who to buy and then set about professionally lining up these recruits for purchase.

Suppose that we do actually have a lot of dosh to spend but, like the adage of having a cake and eating it, the funds are finite and that they can only be spent once.

Suppose for some reason Balaji sniffs out an opportunity to buy some mega star - say someone like Neymar - what would he do?

Candidate answers include :

Carry on as planned, spend the money on the players lined up and embrace the disappointment when said superstar says he would have signed if we had any money left.

Put all planned purchases on hold until we have a definite 'No' from said super star/s, then continue as before.

How would these situations manifest themselves to folk like us? What do you see happening? What are the dangers of each strategy? Would all involved be very frustrated/embarassed?

In a 'my way or the highway' regime then there's no real feedback loop and such a situation may carry on for some time.

That's a game of 'suppose'. I couldn't possibly comment on the realities or that would imply I'm privvy to stuff not on this board. Make your own mind up.

As you almost said at the end of your post - it's almost a game of inferences these days.

'Suppose' :lol: Certainly more than possible, knowing Baliji's track record and could be why Nicko said heads need banging.

thought he played well most of the season with wham pretty much imploding when he was injured, but yeah was annonymus in that one game against Switzerland.. didn't he win player of the month in Feb after some storming performances.. and then go on to win the football writers player of the year?

Easy to look good in the worst team in the EPL but he played well at Ewood when Rovers were luck to get a draw.

Clearly, you have no business experience. Sound business principles are the same whether you operate within Primark or Harrods.

Essentials are to be organised and structured, plan short and long term, be decisive, execute plan, review plan on ongoing basis, flex plan in line with changing business circumstances, make sure business needs are met.

Simple really but not, IMO, evident where Rovers concerned.

Yes but Lord Starchybritches isn't going to mince into Primark to buy some water biscuits now is he.

Your analogy only works if we are the entity selling the product to whomever, it does not work when you are trying to sell the product, our team, to a very high profile consumer, the player.

Now if we are trying to sell a player away from us... then that is far easier, as history, and this transfer window, have shown.

Fair enough commentary I suppose if you believe that there is no life away from this board. Going only off what is posted on here then I guess that you may draw these conclusions. However I believe that people talk to each other away from the board and that in reality much more is known than is posted here. People who tried to post stuff in the past get beaten up and ridiculed for being in the know and get told to sling their hook.

That said consider the following in a game of 'suppose':

Suppose that the Venky's own the club collectively in name only and that the real power and trump card is say Balaji ie what he says goes, period.

Suppose that Kean and the collective Venkys plus say Kentaro come up with several lists of who to buy and then set about professionally lining up these recruits for purchase.

Suppose that we do actually have a lot of dosh to spend but, like the adage of having a cake and eating it, the funds are finite and that they can only be spent once.

Suppose for some reason Balaji sniffs out an opportunity to buy some mega star - say someone like Neymar - what would he do?

Candidate answers include :

Carry on as planned, spend the money on the players lined up and embrace the disappointment when said superstar says he would have signed if we had any money left.

Put all planned purchases on hold until we have a definite 'No' from said super star/s, then continue as before.

How would these situations manifest themselves to folk like us? What do you see happening? What are the dangers of each strategy? Would all involved be very frustrated/embarassed?

In a 'my way or the highway' regime then there's no real feedback loop and such a situation may carry on for some time.

That's a game of 'suppose'. I couldn't possibly comment on the realities or that would imply I'm privvy to stuff not on this board. Make your own mind up.

As you almost said at the end of your post - it's almost a game of inferences these days.

Good post Timmyjimmy. I suppose this gives a clear view of things supposedly going on.

Pardon my ignorance who is Baez.

Yes but Lord Starchybritches isn't going to mince into Primark to buy some water biscuits now is he.

Your analogy only works if we are the entity selling the product to whomever, it does not work when you are trying to sell the product, our team, to a very high profile consumer, the player.

Now if we are trying to sell a player away from us... then that is far easier, as history, and this transfer window, have shown.

Not dissimiliar. What does any prospective employee look for in an employer - reputation, stability, effective management, ambition, realism, integrity and the right 'package'.

How many of these boxes are Rovers presently ticking ?

Archived