BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part Two

BRFCS Content

dubdubdub so you would be happy with an 'average' defender to replace one of the best defenders in the league having already lost jones? are you for real? yes this squad might be good enough to just avoid relegation next season, but you cant honestly tell me thats what you want next season? If rovers have any ambition then they have to move forward and the only way to do that is to bring in quality. Im not paying my season ticket money to watch the likes of diouf, andrews and all the other second rate cronies. If you are happy with watching a relegation battling team next season then go and support wigan.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe (shock horror) the club are trying to keep a fair bit of their dealings out of the press in an attempt to negate interest from other clubs. By throwing around financial figures and lists of potential targets we essentially show our hands a bit too early and lose possible negotiating power.

Reb said yesterday, buying football players is not like buying peanuts. Agreed but nor is buying football players like playing poker either.

Nicko said there was one deal done or was it "done". He didn´t mean Baez that time. The secret seems to be kept very well as nothing is heard about that.

What's happened to Baez? Not mentioned on the Official site despite nicko insisting we'd signed him last week. Have we signed him or not?

Not sure about Nzonzi but im sure Nicko told us about Formica before he signed?

I think they meant other journalists had already told us before nicko did.

From LT:

"A source close to Cisse told the Lancashire Telegraph yesterday the player would be keen on a move to Rovers but, with “top club from one of the best leagues in Europe” also interested, warned time was running out."

C'mn Rovers--do it, the guy wants to come here! :tu:

He can't be signed to July 1st so time hasn't even started yet, let a lone run out although it doesn't mean we can't contact him which I'm, not sure if we have yet.

I think Mackay has it the wrong way round. Getting players in early, when you have a big pool of talent to choose from is not 'panic buying' Panic buying is what you do when you DON'T get them early and are scrambling around the bargain bin on August 31st.

adebayor was real lucky that madrid loaned him last year and he had that good game against spurs, otherwise he would be in the same scrapheap as Jo,Caciedo,Bellamy and RSC.Good luck, I dont see Real taking you back. Disruptive and Moody.

This is despite the fact he was reported to get on extremely well with the players and staff at the club.

im fed up of this whole debacle now, just when venkys start making people beleive in them, they then go back to square one with this whole sorry affair. Its time for someone to sit up and tak charge before we lose out on all the best players. If we end up with B signings then my faith in them will be completely gone.

As others have said, calm down. We have a while yet until the start of the season. Everyone seems to think real life is the same as Football Manager. Everything in football takes time. Look at Manchester City, Chelsea, etc. They buy loads of players only to have them rot in the reserves a season later. I'd rather we were pragmatic about this rather than just jumping in.

dubdubdub so you would be happy with an 'average' defender to replace one of the best defenders in the league having already lost jones? are you for real? yes this squad might be good enough to just avoid relegation next season, but you cant honestly tell me thats what you want next season? If rovers have any ambition then they have to move forward and the only way to do that is to bring in quality. Im not paying my season ticket money to watch the likes of diouf, andrews and all the other second rate cronies. If you are happy with watching a relegation battling team next season then go and support wigan.

Relegation battles can be exciting as long as you survive :lol: . With the right signings I'm hoping that we push for a top 10 spot with European Contention in mind. The problem is that after surviving on the last day we effectively sew seeds of doubt in the minds of potential transfer targets. I think one sensible talent is all we need to potentially convince more to sign.

were,s nicko today not been on since early last night has he got fed up with all the crap that being said on here]

cant blame him i am fed up kean out that,s wat i say :angry2:

Seems more like he won't say anything about what's going on, and until they sort their sh1t out there won't be much news to tell.

im fed up of this whole debacle now, just when venkys start making people beleive in them, they then go back to square one with this whole sorry affair. Its time for someone to sit up and tak charge before we lose out on all the best players. If we end up with B signings then my faith in them will be completely gone.

What exactly have Venkys done to make you start believing in them? Just as importantly, what have they then gone and done to then make you lose your belief? If you're referencing to the amount of turd being spat about the place from the local rags, twitter and this site then it's hardly fare to shoot blame at Venkys.

Christ the European window hasn't even opened yet. Save your judgement until August.

You missed his point completely.

Dubdubdub is not saying he will be happy with having average defenders nor is he saying he has no ambition. He is saying it is grossly inaccurate to label the current squad a relegation squad because he believes that even if we do not bring anyone new in, that doesn't automatically make us relegation contenders.

He never said he wanted nobody to transfer into the club nor did he say he want the club to stay the same. He's just rebutting your point that we have a relegation squad, which he believes we don't.

It's fine if you disagree with him, but there is no need to insult him or twist his words.

And what's with all the overreaction of Venkys screwing things up again? "I believed in Venkys last week until they screwed things up now." Really? How do we know if they really screwed things up? All we have are Kamy and Alan Nixon telling us that things are going bad and someone has to take charge, and we suddenly blaming the Venkys for screwing things up, letting targets go, losing our targets, losing potential deals? Even after Kamy already told us not to panic and that it is looking likely that the deals will go through?

Calm down. If you want to believe Kamy and Alan Nixon, at least read EVERYTHING they've said and not selectively picking only the bad points and blowing your inferences of those negative parts out of proportion.

No that's not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is it's easier to replace a defender with someone solid than it is to replace an attacking player.

A defender just needs to be able to read the game and have the physical attributes to match. Anything else is a bonus.

They don't need technique, passing ability, flair, a good shot etc...they just need to be able to hold the line, cut out balls and muscle people off the ball.

I wasn't saying I didn't wish to progress. I'm not a ###### moron.

How to do your business, see MUFC, 1,2,3, Jones, Young and now Gea. Identify targets, be decisive and secure.

Agreed.

I also don't get the 'well at least it shows ambition' thing.

Having ambition is fine, but it gets you nowhere unless you act on it and make things happen.

im not insulting him, im just sick of people settling for second best just because we have a squad 'good enough to avoid relegation', i want more than that. This is supposed to be the start of an exciting new era. Maybe im overreacting, im just desperate to see some signs of ambition or even improvement. Nicko stated the other day that there are things going on in the background that could mess things up that why im getting over-excited. You are right we dont know whats really happening in the background but nicko is usually very reliable with this sort of thing. I know dubdubdub never said he would settle for any old defender but the way he wrote it made is sound as though any old players would do which for me is not a sign of progression.

p.s dubdubudub i know your not a moron, sorry if you think i insulted you, didnt mean to

How to do your business, see MUFC, 1,2,3, Jones, Young and now Gea. Identify targets, be decisive and secure.

Fair enough, but we're trying to buy players who are currently on a much higher level than ourselves - MUFC aren't. ManU is a much more attractive proposition on so many levels.

Fair enough, but we're trying to buy players who are currently on a much higher level than ourselves - MUFC aren't. ManU is a much more attractive proposition on so many levels.

Much higher level? Freiburg, Almeria, Lens, Monaco, Malaga, Espanyol..

Dubdubdub is not saying he will be happy with having average defenders nor is he saying he has no ambition. He is saying it is grossly inaccurate to label the current squad a relegation squad because he believes that even if we do not bring anyone new in, that doesn't automatically make us relegation contenders.

He never said he wanted nobody to transfer into the club nor did he say he want the club to stay the same. He's just rebutting your point that we have a relegation squad, which he believes we don't.

It's fine if you disagree with him, but there is no need to insult him or twist his words.

And what's with all the overreaction of Venkys screwing things up again? "I believed in Venkys last week until they screwed things up now." Really? How do we know if they really screwed things up? All we have are Kamy and Alan Nixon telling us that things are going bad and someone has to take charge, and we suddenly blaming the Venkys for screwing things up, letting targets go, losing our targets, losing potential deals? Even after Kamy already told us not to panic and that it is looking likely that the deals will go through?

Calm down. If you want to believe Kamy and Alan Nixon, at least read EVERYTHING they've said and not selectively picking only the bad points and blowing your inferences of those negative parts out of proportion.

Thank you! My point exactly. You should be the audio for my brain.

Can't really compare any team to ManU they are the only one in the league who has made the fast moves, they also have a long standing and very stable setup and the luxury to be able to afford almost any target (including gambles and large fees for kids) and we have new owners (who seem to know little about football), a new exec, a new manager, a revised budget due to loosing a key player, Kentaro aiding us with signings and we have to be careful about who we spend the money on etc etc etc..

Really suprised that no one has stumped up for Parker yet, thought he would be sold pretty quick.. Wham have made it fairly slear he is available *shrug*

You can not compare United to Rovers. Any player would go to Manchester United, not every player would go to Blackburn.

Manchester United have it alot easier when it comes to negotiation.

Not just that, there is a theme amongst them too.

Look at their ages - 19, 25, 20. All are moving from smaller clubs and will be desperate to prove themselves.

Basically the opposite of Robbie Keane.

im not insulting him, im just sick of people settling for second best just because we have a squad 'good enough to avoid relegation', i want more than that. This is supposed to be the start of an exciting new era. Maybe im overreacting, im just desperate to see some signs of ambition or even improvement. Nicko stated the other day that there are things going on in the background that could mess things up that why im getting over-excited. You are right we dont know whats really happening in the background but nicko is usually very reliable with this sort of thing. I know dubdubdub never said he would settle for any old defender but the way he wrote it made is sound as though any old players would do which for me is not a sign of progression.

p.s dubdubyoudub i know your not a moron, sorry if you think i insulted you, didnt mean to

I'm hopeful for the coming seasons that we can progress as well. I don't want to sit still. I was just putting across a point that's pretty moot anyway because i believe we will bring players in that can improve the squad. I want the best for the club and don't want average players. I know Samba and Jones are crucial but they are more easily replaced than the likes of Hoilett and Olsson, in terms of cost and difficulty. What we have got for PJones and what we may get for Samba if he goes can be spent on bringing in adequate replacements with money still left over to improve the strength of the squad overall.

I know you weren't insulting me. Just put that incase I was coming across as a moron.

The comments about our squad being good enough to avoid the drop are all well and good but they seem to imply that the 16 other teams in the Prem who stayed up have not improved their squads. What our team did two years ago or last year is irrelevant because they won't be competing against the same players.

Fair enough commentary I suppose if you believe that there is no life away from this board. Going only off what is posted on here then I guess that you may draw these conclusions. However I believe that people talk to each other away from the board and that in reality much more is known than is posted here. People who tried to post stuff in the past get beaten up and ridiculed for being in the know and get told to sling their hook.

That said consider the following in a game of 'suppose':

Suppose that the Venky's own the club collectively in name only and that the real power and trump card is say Balaji ie what he says goes, period.

Suppose that Kean and the collective Venkys plus say Kentaro come up with several lists of who to buy and then set about professionally lining up these recruits for purchase.

Suppose that we do actually have a lot of dosh to spend but, like the adage of having a cake and eating it, the funds are finite and that they can only be spent once.

Suppose for some reason Balaji sniffs out an opportunity to buy some mega star - say someone like Neymar - what would he do?

Candidate answers include :

Carry on as planned, spend the money on the players lined up and embrace the disappointment when said superstar says he would have signed if we had any money left.

Put all planned purchases on hold until we have a definite 'No' from said super star/s, then continue as before.

How would these situations manifest themselves to folk like us? What do you see happening? What are the dangers of each strategy? Would all involved be very frustrated/embarassed?

In a 'my way or the highway' regime then there's no real feedback loop and such a situation may carry on for some time.

That's a game of 'suppose'. I couldn't possibly comment on the realities or that would imply I'm privvy to stuff not on this board. Make your own mind up.

As you almost said at the end of your post - it's almost a game of inferences these days.

Much higher level? Freiburg, Almeria, Lens, Monaco, Malaga, Espanyol..

Talking about people we have enquired about as well, like Adebayor. Much higher was a slight exaggeration, I admit, but the rest of my point still stands.

Archived