BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Non-Rovers Transfers

Glenn

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a prat David Bentley is. He couldn't wait to get away from a club where he was an integral member of the first XI. Three years later, 'Arry has forgotten about him, he's flopped at Birmingham and now he finds himself farmed out to the Championship to play for Sam Allardyce. So much for all those heights he was going to reach. Idiot.

Some great buys all round on deadline day. Our acquisitions have been one of the worst it seems, although I'm happy with the players bought.

Disappointed we didn't sign an experenced defensive midfielder and a proven goalscorer though.

I don't think we've gone backwards as a team, but we have pretty much stood still. By that I mean that we have a squad capable of reaching 10th and not get relegated.

We'll see how we go. If we're not dead and buried by Jan then maybe we can get 2 more players in to push on.

alot of clubs around us have improved significantly, whereas we have stood still/gone backwards, makes the gap even bigger now.

Hey? Which clubs have improved "significantly"

How have we "stood still/gone backwards."

In this window we have signed a lot of players who will need time to bed in but potentially most come highly rated and some like Dann were coveted by top 4 clubs this season.

• Backroom

Yep, that looks good. Joey Barton isn't impressed though. Having another pop at the Barcodes on Twitter! :lol:

Much like us, Newcastle needed a decent forward and didn't get one. A lot of the Carroll money appears to have disappeared.

Still, I'd be very happy at getting Santon for 5M and I think they're going to be fine. They've still got a stronger squad than us IMO, despite the lack of reinvestment of the Carroll money.

Archived