BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Non-Rovers Transfers

Glenn

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the ins and outs of Arsenal's contracts but I'm pretty sure Fabregas is 3 years from the end of an 8 year contract. And before that he was on a 6 year deal. Also Nasri is on a 4 year contract.

I know it won't be the same for every player but I don't see that they won't give long contracts.

The board saying money is available is different to it actually being there. Just look at Rangers.

Only for younger players- the problem is that if you want to win, you have to mix youth and experience. They keep getting rid of their experienced players and starting over.

Just look at the accounts, they are making HUGE profits each year - 56 million pounds was the most recent announced fiscal year result.

Newcastle have signed Obertan from Man Utd. I always had the impression that he was gash, does anyone know much about him?

He was a player that I had wanted us to move for before he went to United. Talented, but I'm not sure rotting in the reserves has done much good for him. He's got pace and trickery and decent size to go with it, if he has developed a bit since he left France then he will be a good signing for Newcastle.

From what I saw of him at Old Trafford he never looked comfortable there and never settled in. He probably isn't good enough for a club of that size, but he is certainly talented and would be a good addition to most premier league squads. I believe that they have stumped up £5m for him, which does seem a bit much, but it is worth a gamble if they aren't relying on him to make an immediate impact.

It will be interesting to see if he is played in midfield/as a winger or up front. I do think that he has more potential as a striker, but was used more out wide at United.

Glad that we didn't go for him at that price, but it wouldn't be that surprising to see him get it together and turn into a very good player.

not until this summer they hadnt, what i dont understand is, they havent sold anyone for big bucks in the last year or so, so where have they got the money from? how come they are prepared to take a chance with big money players and our owners arent?

not until this summer they hadnt, what i dont understand is, they havent sold anyone for big bucks in the last year or so, so where have they got the money from? how come they are prepared to take a chance with big money players and our owners arent?

They have an owner whose family's made a shedload of money from bet365 [so, presumably, knew what he was buying into] and is in the 6th season of his second stint of owning them. Also, I think he's a bit like Uncle Jack, in that he's a long-term fan of the club.

Plus, they have a manager [whom their current owner obviously rates because he re-appointed him fairly soon after buying the club for the second time] who usually buys players who fit into the system he wants to use. There have been exceptions to that rule [e.g. Tuncay]; but, by and large, there seems to be a template for Stoke players.

Stoke have spent a lot of money on not very much. E.g... 9 million on K.Jones! :lol: And was it 6 million on Tuncay?... Who they hardly played. It's about spending wisely, Jonathan Walters turned out to be they're best buy from Ipswich for a lot less. Still wouldn't swap many of our first team squad for theirs.

Stoke have spent a lot of money on not very much. E.g... 9 million on K.Jones! :lol: And was it 6 million on Tuncay?... Who they hardly played. It's about spending wisely, Jonathan Walters turned out to be they're best buy from Ipswich for a lot less. Still wouldn't swap many of our first team squad for theirs.

Yeh who would want a squad that got midtable last season and reached the FA cup final? I would be prepared to have a friendly bet that stoke finish higher than rovers next season.

• Backroom

Terry Christian on Twitter saying that Tevez is off to Arsenal... can't see that myself.

The gobby Manc guy? Isn't he a United fan? Probably on the wind up

Archived