BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(AM) Pablo Piatti

Hekla

If nicko is saying he would come to rovers and were trying to get him cheaper, we should just launch an official bid right away. We missed out on big players in the past for stalling I think Valencia, Dezeko and Palcious were all linked before they moved to England.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think they're just saying they've soiled themselves.

Someone said earlier that Piatti had pretty much signed but it was a friend relaying information from a work colleague. Don't get yourselves as excited as I did before checking websites for a confirmation. Two/three hours since and nothing.

thanks, dub. i'll be soiling myself if we manage to get piatti! :lol::tu:

• Backroom

The Piatti story is a little bit worrying.

Nicko certainly thinks that if we meet his club's valuation (and 6-7m seems reasonable considering the lad's potential) he'd almost certainly come.

So what's the hold up? Yes it's early in the window, but why not put the wheels in motion if the deal is apparently so favourable?

Either his parent club want a lot more than is generally believed, the lad wants silly wages or unreasonable clauses in his contract, Venky's have bigger targets in mind, or Venky's are bluffing.

I hope it's not the latter.

Nicko certainly thinks that if we meet his club's valuation (and 6-7m seems reasonable considering the lad's potential) he'd almost certainly come.

So what's the hold up? Yes it's early in the window, but why not put the wheels in motion if the deal is apparently so favourable?

Either his parent club want a lot more than is generally believed, the lad wants silly wages or unreasonable clauses in his contract, Venky's have bigger targets in mind, or Venky's are bluffing.

oh god. I've been trying not to hink too much about it, but you've just planted some seeds of doubt in my mind with that post. Surely that can't be the case? +shudder+

I hadn't heard of the lad until a week or so ago, but now getting his name on the contract is of paramount importance, hahaha! /getting nervy now.

the latter we've heard in the past...hope it's not !

• Backroom

oh god. I've been trying not to hink too much about it, but you've just planted some seeds of doubt in my mind with that post. Surely that can't be the case? +shudder+

I hadn't heard of the lad until a week or so ago, but now getting his name on the contract is of paramount importance, hahaha! /getting nervy now.

It's just my observations, I have no inside source or anything like that :)

I'm quite cynical at the moment about what's happening. Don't get me wrong, I would love for us to sign some big name players for some big fees and really show we mean business for the upcoming season. But until it happens I'm not going to be too optimistic :mellow:

• Backroom

I wont read too much into us not bidding for Piatti yet, maybe the boss doesn't see the position as essential and wants to see how much our striker costs first

I wont read too much into us not bidding for Piatti yet, maybe the boss doesn't see the position as essential and wants to see how much our striker costs first

Maybe he's right since Piatti isn't sold to anyone yet, despite Rovers' dillying and dare I say it from the outside looking in dallying.

Couple of seasons in the Premier League and he will be worth double that.

erm.... one season then one of those release clauses would enable him to join scum for half his value like 10 million! maybe someone (me) is still a little upset about superman leaving!!

Just found this article on Piatti, dated 2nd June ( I know its old)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12959_6963161,00.html

basically saying that the owners wont sell for 8 million? Maybe that is the hold up,

reconb they could be holding out for 10 million.

I feel you're totally misreading that. What it says is that they won't sell for LESS than 8 million Euros. Which strongly implies that their asking price is 8 million Euros. Which is what, about 7 million quid? We should really move quick here, or miss out. The other deals (Miranda aside, if there is actually any chance of doing that one) all seem like they can wait a little bit to me.

Edit- Oh, apologies, didn't spot the quote at the bottom that he won't move for even eight, but "from there we will see what teams want to do". So sounds like they want 9 or 10 million Euros. Still only about 8-9 million quid I think?

• Backroom

I don't know much about this lad but most here seem to be raving over him, can someone genuinely tell me what attributes he has that Formica doesn't he looks very similar from what I've seen

I don't know much about this lad but most here seem to be raving over him, can someone genuinely tell me what attributes he has that Formica doesn't he looks very similar from what I've seen

Piatti is in a totally different league. It's a bit like asking what the difference between Jason Roberts and Didier Drogba is. Similar attributes in many ways but on totally different levels.

• Backroom

Piatti is in a totally different league. It's a bit like asking what the difference between Jason Roberts and Didier Drogba is. Similar attributes in many ways but on totally different levels.

Ok thanks, like I said I've only seen both on youtube and their highlight reels are very similar (same with a certain Chilean and Kamel Ghilas)

Ok thanks, like I said I've only seen both on youtube and their highlight reels are very similar (same with a certain Chilean and Kamel Ghilas)

Piatti made a big impact in La Liga despite playing in a poor team. He has great pace and technical ability. I always kept an eye out for him and its why Id really love him to sign. So far he's the most exciting player we've been seriously linked with and the one who seems to be slipping away as we speak. Gutted.

Really, you think their reels are very similar? I think Piatti's dribbling skills looks a class above Formica's, even before you consider the relative statuses of the leagues.

Piatti made a big impact in La Liga despite playing in a poor team. He has great pace and technical ability. I always kept an eye out for him and its why Id really love him to sign. So far he's the most exciting player we've been seriously linked with and the one who seems to be slipping away as we speak. Gutted.

I agree. Scores goals too which is always handy.

Do do you think he would fit in nicely into the left wing slot in 4-3-3 with Hoilett on the right? Or do you see him more in the hole behind the striker?

I would love to know why we haven't signed this dude yet.

Archived