BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(S) Roque Santa Cruz

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday Scored 1 and set up the other goal against Brazil

Better get him signed up then....

The guy was probably on every drug known to man to get him through the game. Anything to put him back on the radar briefly.

Same difference.

I +1'd, but not quite right. 'Nobody' wouldn't cost us anything, whereas Roque will cost us a transfer fee, signing on and agent fees, wages, appearance bonuses (no goal bonuses at least), physio fees (when we get some again), a non-homegrown place in the squad, the development of our young forwards, and then prize money from finishing lower due to his incompetence.

So, I'd go with nobody.

I read on Twitter the other day that Roque will have talks with his agent about a permanent move to a club in the Prem.

Obviously, first club that springs to mind is Blackburn.

I've tried emailing a few people inc. the infamous Tim Vickery to see if there's any truth that we might be that club but he's yet to (or has decided not to) respond. I expect he probably gets hundreds of emails a day asking about so and so!

Maybe anyone on here who has sources close to the club can dig a little deeper?

RSC Valdez Hoillett upfront next year...

I for one would settle for that.

Nah I don't want rsc anywhere near BRFC, 90 k a week in wages and not knowing when his glass body is going go break again. He didn't seem to be hungry since he come back too. Think we should be looking for far cheaper and better replacements

Nah I don't want rsc anywhere near BRFC, 90 k a week in wages and not knowing when his glass body is going go break again. He didn't seem to be hungry since he come back too. Think we should be looking for far cheaper and better replacements

There are only 3 options for RSC:

a] Stay at City at get £90k a week playing for the reserves

b] Move and take a significant pay cut

c] Move and City pay a significant part of his wages

There is no way another club will pick up his £90k a week wages. The later it gets in the transfer window the more like it is that option 'c' will happen. I've got a feeling Roque is going to turn up August 31st.

I agree with DFC about Hoilett, Valdez and RSC being a good forward line. If we could add a goal scoring box-to-box midfielder behind them then we'd have a good team.

There are only 3 options for RSC:

a] Stay at City at get £90k a week playing for the reserves

b] Move and take a significant pay cut

c] Move and City pay a significant part of his wages

There is no way another club will pick up his £90k a week wages. The later it gets in the transfer window the more like it is that option 'c' will happen. I've got a feeling Roque is going to turn up August 31st.

I agree with DFC about Hoilett, Valdez and RSC being a good forward line. If we could add a goal scoring box-to-box midfielder behind them then we'd have a good team.

Like Formica????

N'Zonzi and another defensive midfielder in behind?

Archived