• I'd have prefered a commercial sponsor, but this is a great alternative
    • Simply don't care
    • Waste a valuable income
    • No objection to charity, do object to the Princes Trust
    • Other (Please Explain)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is there any proof that cobra are the new sponsors? It was mentioned in another thread

None that I've seen (other than that cosmos photoshop job). I pointed out in the shirt thread why I think it's unlikely. It's a beer designed and brewed for the British market (although it was once brewed in India and is now available there, but isn't a big brand) owned by an American/Canadian company who'd probably be better off advertising Worthingtons or Carling on our shirts than Kingfisher.

When I checked today with the lads at Ewood, there was no sponsor as of yet (As far as they know anyway)

What happened to:

"Like they won't already have a sponsor lined up :rolleyes:"

I seemed to remember that was your response when I posted news regarding the FACT that they hadn't even started to look at that point.

I thought the reason a sponsor had not been found or properly pursued was because a takeover was looking likely, with the takeover people probably wishing to get their own sponsor.

I thought that was what was alluded to in the podcast?

I thought the reason a sponsor had not been found or properly pursued was because a takeover was looking likely, with the takeover people probably wishing to get their own sponsor.

I thought that was what was alluded to in the podcast?

I think you spent longer thinking about it than Venkys have.

What happened to:

"Like they won't already have a sponsor lined up :rolleyes:"

I seemed to remember that was your response when I posted news regarding the FACT that they hadn't even started to look at that point.

FACT the commercial team has one lined up, possibly 2 options. It was rejected by the owners.

Feel free to check it out with them and see if you get a direct/ honest response, if you do, I will be proven correct.

I cant imagine shirt sales would go too well with any type of Venky's logo as sponsor at this current moment in time.

As much as i like thelook of the new hoe kit, from what we have seen, no way am i buying one with that yellow branding..

Archived