418 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new sponsors

• Delighted!
    • I'd have prefered a commercial sponsor, but this is a great alternative
    • Simply don't care
    • Waste a valuable income
    • No objection to charity, do object to the Princes Trust
    • Other (Please Explain)

Wouldnt want to buy your team colours and wear them with pride because its got our OWNERS name on it??

Seriously have a word....this club has been here since 1875 and will be here much longer than Venkys or any of us....You wear your colours with pride no matter what!

i wear my rovers 1989 replica ici perspex shirt with pride.

i will not be seen dead with a Venkys sponsored Rovers shirt

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be wearing my colours Hughesy. Crown Paints will be pleased.

Too right.

The Venky's badge doesn't suit the shirt. If, and I know it is a big IF, they sponsor us then I won't be buying a shirt.

• Backroom

Someone on twitter was saying it was for Venkys Chicken commercial and they had to eat Venkys chicken....not sure if its someone taking the mickey or what!

Nah its true theres pics floating around of Dunny getting stuck in

281959_248344215176953_100000041303990_1101901_5311378_n.jpg

270400_248343865176988_100000041303990_1101899_270474_n.jpg

If it's an advert though it makes sense to display the product but really this is beyond silly, we have a tubby player eating fried chicken!

Wouldnt want to buy your team colours and wear them with pride because its got our OWNERS name on it??

Seriously have a word....this club has been here since 1875 and will be here much longer than Venkys or any of us....You wear your colours with pride no matter what!

Simple solution is to buy one of the retro strips that are on the market. That way you wear the club colurs but don't need to put a penny in Venkys pockets.

Nah its true theres pics floating around of Dunny getting stuck in

281959_248344215176953_100000041303990_1101901_5311378_n.jpg

ARE THINGS THAT BAD - NO MONEY SO THEY PAY US IN CHICKENS

270400_248343865176988_100000041303990_1101899_270474_n.jpg

If it's an advert though it makes sense to display the product but really this is beyond silly, we have a tubby player eating fried chicken!

As was mentioned previously the players really don't look happy. I would have thought they would be joking around and enjoying a nice meal.

I wouldn't say they don't look happy, looks like there just gettin stuck in and looks like there listening to robinson lol, looks like a right storyteller

Guest Rovers4Good

Firstly, there was only one professional club that didn't have a sponser until very recent (Barcelona). The reason they gave was that the brand Barcelona was far bigger than any sponser, can we say the same thing about Rovers?

Secondly, the longer we go without naming a sponser the more Rovers will be pushed into putting Venky's across the shirt. :(

It sounds like Venkys are the new sponsors taken from Pedersens blog

fter several days of hard training we had a little lighter training today just so our body can recover. And that’s okay, so that we can maintain the quality of what we do in training. But having said that we could well have had a hard session today as well, because I’m really excited to get in shape again, especially with football. After training today some of us had to join in a commercial with our new owners and main sponsor Venky’s. It was very funny and we laughed a lot during the shoot. Here are some pictures from the session

http://gamst.co.uk/

As was mentioned previously the players really don't look happy. I would have thought they would be joking around and enjoying a nice meal.

Quote from Pedersens blog:

"After training today some of us had to join in a commercial with our new owners and main sponsor Venky’s. It was very funny and we laughed a lot during the shoot."

:D

I'm sorry but this is taking the michael.

I'd feel happier if the owners were worrying about sorting Blackburn Rovers FC back into the well respected club it was before they came along, rather than making adverts with food that surely footballers are not supposed to eat?

I'm sorry but this is taking the michael.

I'd feel happier if the owners were worrying about sorting Blackburn Rovers FC back into the well respected club it was before they came along, rather than making adverts with food that surely footballers are not supposed to eat?

Do you really think Balaji and Venkatesh Rao are at our stadium shooting them advert?

This stuff is left to the marketing side of Venky's who will organise the advert and everything else involved with it. They are promoting Venky's as well as Blackburn Rovers, and if you see wrong in that, then there is something seriously wrong.

The owners will have just approved that advert and left it with the marketing department of Venky's to sort the rest out.

How it is taking the "michael", I will never know.

Arsenal just did an advert and players like Ramsey, Djourou etc trying to speak chinese/malaysian for their Asia tour. Not a big deal at all.

Arsenal Advert

I think the Venky's logo goes well with the shirt, would have thought from a business point of view they'd want an outside sponsorship to raise funds but apparentley not. A better idea would be to have Venky's on the home shirt and then a different sponsor on the away shirt. So they'd get both brand awareness and advertising for "The Venky's" and then also some income for having a sponsor on the away shirt.

Archived