418 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new sponsors

• Delighted!
    • I'd have prefered a commercial sponsor, but this is a great alternative
    • Simply don't care
    • Waste a valuable income
    • No objection to charity, do object to the Princes Trust
    • Other (Please Explain)

sorry if this has already been posted - but has anyone noticed that 'Crown - proud club sponsors' has finally been removed from the official website?

But if you click on the space where it used to be - you still get taken to the crown website!

Good job they've got professionals working on the website maintenance.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry if this has already been posted - but has anyone noticed that 'Crown - proud club sponsors' has finally been removed from the official website?

But if you click on the space where it used to be - you still get taken to the crown website!

Not noticed. Congrats on a great username though! :tu:

Thats because the contract with Crown ended at the end of June!

still no Sponsor, no Signings, no DOF, no chairman. I see a pattern delevoping here :lol: Venkys out! ;)

You don't know whether you're coming or going pal. Pick you stance and stick to it, one minute you're all for giving Venky's a chance and giving Steve Kean a chance, the next minute you're having a go at them. I know the above post of yours was posted with the sarcasm intended, but I make reference to your previous posts.

Worse than a woman on her periods. Blimey.

My brother is a secondary school teacher and he takes his pupils to Ewood every summer for half a day of maths and half a day of football. The guy who organised it at Rovers told him today the most likely sponsor will be Venkys.

I hope we have got a sponsor lined up because having Venkys on our proud strip would make us even more of a laughing stock!

I'm predicting they've lined up a big brand from India that has some money to burn.

I hope we have got a sponsor lined up because having Venkys on our proud strip would make us even more of a laughing stock!

I'm predicting they've lined up a big brand from India that has some money to burn.

flying-pigs.jpg

Sure that makes 100% with the tour to India around the corner and no new shirt ready yet.

Would anyone be surprised if Venkys were our sponsor for the Indian games?

I think Venkeys always planned to have venkeys on the sirts for the india / HK tour. Hence no announcement for the main shirt sponsor for the EPL etc yet and delay in new shirt availability.

Absolutely has to be Venkeys on the shirts. If as many of us expect the whole reason that the family bought our club was to increase their profile then they'd be absolute fools to pass up the chance of having their logo on a PL shirt.

Absolutely has to be Venkeys on the shirts. If as many of us expect the whole reason that the family bought our club was to increase their profile then they'd be absolute fools to pass up the chance of having their logo on a PL shirt.

Not if they want the club to lose out on £2-5m a season in shirt sponsorship.

Not if they want the club to lose out on £2-5m a season in shirt sponsorship.

But considering that they're in control of the finances would they not be happy to compensate that as a logo on a PL shirt is a pretty huge asset advertising-wise and must appeal to them. Don't know enough about how these things work but I'd have thought it would be a pretty sure fire way to raise profile.

It does seem like owners are reluctant to advertise their own companies on their own shirts.

I can't think of any recent examples... (I'm sure there must be some)

The Walker Trust were paying to advertise Flybe on Birmingham, Exeter, Southampton and Norwich kits but never on Rovers shirts, probably because they don't fly planes from Blackburn.

No-one questioned why they didn't sponsor us at the time.

If they are planning on a big push in the UK of the Venky's Express fast food outlets, then i'd be shocked if they opt for an external deal. The exposure would far outweigh the loss of sponsorship revenue. The only way i can see another company getting it is if it brought in more than double the Crown Paints deal.

It does seem like owners are reluctant to advertise their own companies on their own shirts.

The Walker Trust were paying to advertise Flybe on Birmingham, Exeter, Southampton and Norwich kits but never on Rovers shirts, probably because they don't fly planes from Blackburn.

You obviously weren't paying attention, because they did!!! ;)

I'm pretty sure JJB sponsored Wigan while Dave Whelan still owned them

Archived